Helpful Links

Change Motorola 2210-02-1ATT to bridge mode

Contributor

Change Motorola 2210-02-1ATT to bridge mode

How do I set this modem to bridge mode.  By itself it has a closed NAT which is no good for gaming.  I also have a wireless N router that I want to use with it, so the modem needs to be in bridge mode.

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: Change Motorola 2210-02-1ATT to bridge mode

Hello dreday78,

I would like to inform you that AT&T provided modems are originally set up to connect you to the Internet as soon as you enter your Username and Password. These are the most common of home networking configurations. You may have a 1 port modem but may have purchased a home networking router with multiple ports. For the modem to work properly with most routers, it will need to be put into "Bridged Ethernet Mode" first.

While a bridged mode will allow you to connect your 3rd party router, it will disable your ability to surf the Internet if the modem is connected directly to the PC. After the router is hooked up, it will need to be configured with your Username and Password in order for you to connect to the Internet. As 3rd party routers are not supported by AT&T, the following steps are provided to help you in connecting the router to your modem. Additional router configuration support can be provided by contacting your router's manufacturer.

Note: Prior to resetting any modem or router, all configuration settings will be lost and will need to be re-entered. If you are using a 3rd party modem or router, you may need to contact the manufacturer for advanced configuration support. If you are a business, contact your IT department to let them know that they are resetting their modem or router and obtain assistance in reconfiguring it if special configurations had been made previously. 

Motorola 2210 2.0:

To bridge the Motorola 2210 2.0 modem, verify that the modem is directly connected to the computer. Ensure the router is not connected to the PC or the modem, then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open a web browser.
  2. Type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar.
  3. Click the Go button or press the enter key on the keyboard.
  4. Click the Advanced button.

There may be a prompt for a Modem Access Code. If so, do the following:

5. Locate the yellow sticker on the bottom of the Motorola 2210 2.0 modem.

6. Type the code in the Modem Access Code field.
  7. Click the Continue button.

8. Click on the PPP Location link.
  9. Choose PPP is on the computer, gateway or router radio button.
  10. Click the Save Changes button.

If you experience any difficulty while configuring your Motorola modem for the PPPoE connection, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support.

For further assistance, you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent.

DSL Chat Support

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4

Your solution is worthless, Penny.

The 2210-02-1ATT is not the same as the 2210 modem for which you posted your instructions. They are completely different devices, and the model this fellow has does not have any explicit way of bridging the device. It has some stupid setting to "share the ip address", but this merely allows routers to work correctly, it does not allow proper port forwarding.

I've been trying to solve the same problem for a week {Please keep it courteous}

Message 3 of 4
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support