Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 19, 2011
2:57:01 PM
View profile
Cannot send message due to abuse; Error 554

I have been trying to send out emails for 2 days to my church family about a sick member, and I keep getting this message:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Urgent Prayer Request!', Account: 'Carolyn Sockwell', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse; please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

This is really irritating and has never happened to me in the past. I notified YAHOO and have not heard back. I have been with Bellsouth for years--is it time to get a new provider? How can I get this to stop happening? I send out a devotional to all of my church members each day, too.

I have been trying to send out emails for 2 days to my church family about a sick member, and I keep getting this message:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Urgent Prayer Request!', Account: 'Carolyn Sockwell', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse; please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

This is really irritating and has never happened to me in the past. I notified YAHOO and have not heard back. I have been with Bellsouth for years--is it time to get a new provider? How can I get this to stop happening? I send out a devotional to all of my church members each day, too.

Cannot send message due to abuse; Error 554

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2011 5:56:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

same problem.  some spam went out from (ostensibly) my account to a few people - I reported it and now I can't send email.  BUT there's NO WAY to give yahoo the headers of the spam so they can trace it.  They really don't care.

And it's not clear if att.com has anything to do with yahoo, so I spent lots of time filling out att.com contact forms only to be told they have nothing to do with this - so why are all the 'conatact us' links to att.  How do I get yahoo??????

I need to send this spam so they can find out where it's coming and i need to send email!!!

same problem.  some spam went out from (ostensibly) my account to a few people - I reported it and now I can't send email.  BUT there's NO WAY to give yahoo the headers of the spam so they can trace it.  They really don't care.

And it's not clear if att.com has anything to do with yahoo, so I spent lots of time filling out att.com contact forms only to be told they have nothing to do with this - so why are all the 'conatact us' links to att.  How do I get yahoo??????

I need to send this spam so they can find out where it's coming and i need to send email!!!

Re: Cannot send message due to abuse; Error 554

2 of 3 (2,887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2015 5:47:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same exact problem as Designer205, and his experiences trying to resolve it mirror mine except I am now out over $100 trying to get it fixed.

Trying to get any help from Yahoo is hopeless.

Getting help from AT&T is hopeless.

I have not a clue what to do now and I am late getting a reminder out to my high school classmates about our reunion coming up at the end of this month.

Does anyone know what to do with this when the providers give us no help?

I have the same exact problem as Designer205, and his experiences trying to resolve it mirror mine except I am now out over $100 trying to get it fixed.

Trying to get any help from Yahoo is hopeless.

Getting help from AT&T is hopeless.

I have not a clue what to do now and I am late getting a reminder out to my high school classmates about our reunion coming up at the end of this month.

Does anyone know what to do with this when the providers give us no help?

Re: Cannot send message due to abuse; Error 554

3 of 3 (241 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments