Cannot reset or retrieve my network password

Contributor

Cannot reset or retrieve my network password

Hello,

I have forgotten my DSL network password and am trying to retrieve or change it.

When I navigate to the "forgot password" page, and then choose "Reset DSL network password", I get the following error:

Functionality Currently Unavailable

The functionality that you have requested is currently unavailable. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Help! How can I change my network password if this tool is no longer available?

Message 1 of 7 (3,164 Views)
Expert

Re: Cannot reset or retrieve my network password

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

Message 2 of 7 (3,156 Views)
Community Manager

Thank you @spd2demun!

sparrowlab wrote:

Hello,

I have forgotten my DSL network password and am trying to retrieve or change it.

When I navigate to the "forgot password" page, and then choose "Reset DSL network password", I get the following error:

Functionality Currently Unavailable

The functionality that you have requested is currently unavailable. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Help! How can I change my network password if this tool is no longer available?

Welcome and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the network password trouble. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.

Regards,
Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 3 of 7 (3,150 Views)
Contributor

Today the "robot" on the phone reset my network password and all went well. I was actually looking for a live rep when it did that because when I go to the network password web page it directs me to the next page which requires my DSL ID (my email address). And after entering that, I was sent to the next page that required the last four digits of the account owner's social. I put that in and -guess what- it said it was wrong! And would not let me continue! Like I don't know my own social. Actually it is my wife's social, but the point is clear. This is what I need help with.

Reason why:

I am trying to install a Netgear DGND3700 for the features it has. The first one went belly-up and had to be RMAed. I had spent over 9 hours trying to get it to go online, including talking to a AT&T rep for almost two hours, but it would not access any web at all, although it was showing to be correctly connected. The rep and I checked EVERYTHING more than once. She said it was correctly configured and the network password was correct, and my computer itself was all correct. The Netgear finally jammed up and would not even access its own internal setup page- the network light went off although the DSL light was still green. RMA.

Got new DGND.

I don't really feel like going through this again when the web page for the network password is not functioning correctly OR the account is not configured correctly. If such is the case, I would never be able to get the Netgear to work. I called AT&T today and was on the phone for almost an hour and only found out that billing has the correct social. No info on the DSL network password web page or why it is wrong or how that could affect the installation of a new modem. I need help in this matter, I don't want to ruin another $160.00 piece of equiptment by hammering away at a misconfigured account (or whatever) for several hours when it should only take 30 minutes or so to connect.

BTW- I can't remember how many home computers I have built myself. Presently am giving birth to a Raven case with a i7990, X58 UD7, EVGA hydro classified 590, 24 gigs of HyperX, and two Samsung 880 SSDs to start. I know a little, but am acutely aware of just how much I don't know.

Help, please.

Message 4 of 7 (2,544 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

Message 5 of 7 (2,541 Views)
Community Manager

Thanks @spd2demun!

fdtopp3 wrote:

Today the "robot" on the phone reset my network password and all went well. I was actually looking for a live rep when it did that because when I go to the network password web page it directs me to the next page which requires my DSL ID (my email address). And after entering that, I was sent to the next page that required the last four digits of the account owner's social. I put that in and -guess what- it said it was wrong! And would not let me continue! Like I don't know my own social. Actually it is my wife's social, but the point is clear. This is what I need help with.

Reason why:

I am trying to install a Netgear DGND3700 for the features it has. The first one went belly-up and had to be RMAed. I had spent over 9 hours trying to get it to go online, including talking to a AT&T rep for almost two hours, but it would not access any web at all, although it was showing to be correctly connected. The rep and I checked EVERYTHING more than once. She said it was correctly configured and the network password was correct, and my computer itself was all correct. The Netgear finally jammed up and would not even access its own internal setup page- the network light went off although the DSL light was still green. RMA.

Got new DGND.

I don't really feel like going through this again when the web page for the network password is not functioning correctly OR the account is not configured correctly. If such is the case, I would never be able to get the Netgear to work. I called AT&T today and was on the phone for almost an hour and only found out that billing has the correct social. No info on the DSL network password web page or why it is wrong or how that could affect the installation of a new modem. I need help in this matter, I don't want to ruin another $160.00 piece of equiptment by hammering away at a misconfigured account (or whatever) for several hours when it should only take 30 minutes or so to connect.

BTW- I can't remember how many home computers I have built myself. Presently am giving birth to a Raven case with a i7990, X58 UD7, EVGA hydro classified 590, 24 gigs of HyperX, and two Samsung 880 SSDs to start. I know a little, but am acutely aware of just how much I don't know.

Help, please.

I'm sorry to hear about the network password trouble and the recent experience. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update. We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

Regards,
Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 6 of 7 (2,522 Views)
Tutor

Hey fdtopp3, did you ever get the DGND3700 up and running properly on your AT&T DSL?

Thanks
Message 7 of 7 (2,171 Views)