Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 15, 2010
10:56:55 AM
View profile
Cannot connect with new dry loop DSL

I am having problems being able to connect to the internet using my new DSL connection. I am using a Siemens SpeedStream 4100 modem to connect. The DSL light on the modem is solid green, but the internet light only blinks green intermittently.

I performed a diagnostic test on the modem using the "Check Connection" option in the modem browser and saw that ATM, PPPoE and Authenticaiton failed. For ATM, the following ttwo tests failed:

- Perform ATM/OAM segment ping

- Perform ATM/OAM end to end ping

For PPPoE and Authentication all tests failed.

Any idea what could be wrong here? I did have another DSL connection at my home that got disconnected yesterday (switched from DSL + phone to dry loop).

I am having problems being able to connect to the internet using my new DSL connection. I am using a Siemens SpeedStream 4100 modem to connect. The DSL light on the modem is solid green, but the internet light only blinks green intermittently.

I performed a diagnostic test on the modem using the "Check Connection" option in the modem browser and saw that ATM, PPPoE and Authenticaiton failed. For ATM, the following ttwo tests failed:

- Perform ATM/OAM segment ping

- Perform ATM/OAM end to end ping

For PPPoE and Authentication all tests failed.

Any idea what could be wrong here? I did have another DSL connection at my home that got disconnected yesterday (switched from DSL + phone to dry loop).

Cannot connect with new dry loop DSL

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2010 2:01:55 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello MedievalLoser,

In order to resolve this issue, I would suggest you to contact AT&T voice technical helpdesk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7) and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. They will do the needful for you accordingly.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello MedievalLoser,

In order to resolve this issue, I would suggest you to contact AT&T voice technical helpdesk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7) and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. They will do the needful for you accordingly.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Cannot connect with new dry loop DSL

2 of 4 (2,908 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2010 7:20:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am having a very similar problem.

My DSL Direct pro was supposedly connected yesterday. I am using an Actiontec GT704-WG combination dsl modem and wireless router. None of the phone jacks in my apartment have a dsl signal of any sort. I know that all of my modem settings are the same as those in the AT&T setup guide, at each jack I made sure that all cords were securely connected, and I repeatedly cycled the power of all systems involved. There is no signal through my phone line, and this is after repeated rescheduling with AT&T about getting it turned on in the first place. I am rapidly growing frustrated with AT&T's service, and I would just like my internet turned on! I know that all my hardware is compatible, but I can't connect if there is no signal to connect to. So what am I supposed to do to solve this dilemma (other than perhaps switch internet providers)? I know full well that a technician can be sent to set things up properly (although it would also probably not be for another week, after weeks of waiting to get this far in the process) but AT&T is going to charge me $100+ for the privelige. For that kind of money I would be better served cancelling my service alltogether and switching providers. So I'm all ears; What do YOU think I should do about it? With luck, you can look up my account info, and tell me EXACTLY what my options are.

I am having a very similar problem.

My DSL Direct pro was supposedly connected yesterday. I am using an Actiontec GT704-WG combination dsl modem and wireless router. None of the phone jacks in my apartment have a dsl signal of any sort. I know that all of my modem settings are the same as those in the AT&T setup guide, at each jack I made sure that all cords were securely connected, and I repeatedly cycled the power of all systems involved. There is no signal through my phone line, and this is after repeated rescheduling with AT&T about getting it turned on in the first place. I am rapidly growing frustrated with AT&T's service, and I would just like my internet turned on! I know that all my hardware is compatible, but I can't connect if there is no signal to connect to. So what am I supposed to do to solve this dilemma (other than perhaps switch internet providers)? I know full well that a technician can be sent to set things up properly (although it would also probably not be for another week, after weeks of waiting to get this far in the process) but AT&T is going to charge me $100+ for the privelige. For that kind of money I would be better served cancelling my service alltogether and switching providers. So I'm all ears; What do YOU think I should do about it? With luck, you can look up my account info, and tell me EXACTLY what my options are.

3 of 4 (2,908 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2010 2:23:37 PM
(0)
Employee

In order to troubleshoot AT&T DSL connection issue, I would suggest you to contact AT&T voice technical help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7). However, to check your phone line signals, it is recommended that you contact Telco department at 1-800-288-2020, they work from Monday to Friday between 8am to 7pm CT and Saturday between 8am to 5pm CT.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

In order to troubleshoot AT&T DSL connection issue, I would suggest you to contact AT&T voice technical help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7). However, to check your phone line signals, it is recommended that you contact Telco department at 1-800-288-2020, they work from Monday to Friday between 8am to 7pm CT and Saturday between 8am to 5pm CT.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (2,908 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments