Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 10, 2010
8:23:04 PM
View profile
Cannot attach files to my Yahoo e-mail

When I try to attach multiple files to my e-mail I get a message '4 File(s) can't be sent', these are very small .jpg files each about one 262KB, both my computers at home do the same thing but my computer at work works just fine. I use Windows 7 and Windows XP Home Edition at home and Windows 7 at work. I have Trend Micro as my anti-virus. My windows live mail does basically the same thing, if I attach multiple files it takes it so long to send the e-mail that it eventually times out. I don't have any problems if I use my Hotmail account. Does anyone know how to correct this issue?

Thank you

When I try to attach multiple files to my e-mail I get a message '4 File(s) can't be sent', these are very small .jpg files each about one 262KB, both my computers at home do the same thing but my computer at work works just fine. I use Windows 7 and Windows XP Home Edition at home and Windows 7 at work. I have Trend Micro as my anti-virus. My windows live mail does basically the same thing, if I attach multiple files it takes it so long to send the e-mail that it eventually times out. I don't have any problems if I use my Hotmail account. Does anyone know how to correct this issue?

Thank you

Cannot attach files to my Yahoo e-mail

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2010 1:41:55 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello there saeid,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

With regard to your issue there, the list is endless and a lot of factors could have triggered it. Based on experience, usually the cuplrit would come from a security application such as your Anti-virus and such. If Given that you have Trend Micro as your Anti-virus on both your computers, then a good probability that it's the one causing the issue. You can try logging into your computer through safe mode as well to see what progresses. Yet, we really can't jump into conclusions here.

You can also try other Internet browsers. On Yahoo mail, try using the Classic Mail interface under the Option menu. Make sure that the files you're attaching is not opened by other applications. You can also try compressing the files into a zip folder. Yet Somehow, to fix this issue; the workaround is really complex. For us to be able to assist you properly; I highly suggest that you call us here in Technical support so that we can take real-time assessment on the issue and diagnose it accordingly.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Thank you for choosing At&t where we value your Business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello there saeid,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

With regard to your issue there, the list is endless and a lot of factors could have triggered it. Based on experience, usually the cuplrit would come from a security application such as your Anti-virus and such. If Given that you have Trend Micro as your Anti-virus on both your computers, then a good probability that it's the one causing the issue. You can try logging into your computer through safe mode as well to see what progresses. Yet, we really can't jump into conclusions here.

You can also try other Internet browsers. On Yahoo mail, try using the Classic Mail interface under the Option menu. Make sure that the files you're attaching is not opened by other applications. You can also try compressing the files into a zip folder. Yet Somehow, to fix this issue; the workaround is really complex. For us to be able to assist you properly; I highly suggest that you call us here in Technical support so that we can take real-time assessment on the issue and diagnose it accordingly.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Thank you for choosing At&t where we value your Business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Re: Cannot attach files to my Yahoo e-mail

2 of 4 (3,661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2011 1:57:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

The attach button does nothing, there is no paperclip icon and I'm trying to do this on a windows operating system. Given these three strikes, what else can I do to do something as simple as attaching a file that att mail does not want to let me do?

The attach button does nothing, there is no paperclip icon and I'm trying to do this on a windows operating system. Given these three strikes, what else can I do to do something as simple as attaching a file that att mail does not want to let me do?

3 of 4 (3,316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2011 3:15:46 PM
(0)
Former Moderator
I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

4 of 4 (3,311 Views)