Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Feb 19, 2012
5:43:35 AM
Cannot access new email

I have three email addresses.  Two end with sbcglobal.net  The newest email for a business my husband & I started ends with yahoo.com

I did not have trouble witht he yahoo.com email at first but now I can almost never access it.  I go tot he yahoo/AT&T home page to sign out.  Usualyl when I sign in with the yahoo.com email; it tells me it doesn't exist or the password is wrong EVERY TIME.  I can sign intot he sbcglobal.net emails just fine with no problems.

I spent an hour on the the phone with AT&T.  One lady helped me change the password to the yahoo.com email; I was able to access it afterward, but never again since then.  Today I tried to change the password & it's telling me that maintainence is being done and I can't do that.

When I added the new email I didn't get a choice in the ending, it just showed up as yahoo.com I think. 

Also, when I go under my account information, all three emails are listed there (with an sbcglobal.net email as the primary) but I can't do a whole lot on that page--doesn't seem to be helpful

Can anyone help me?  Is there any reasonw hy I cannot sign in with the yahoo.com email?  Would it be possible to access the yahoo.com emails (sending & receiving) through one of the sbcglobal.net emails?

Please, I really son't know what to do & I need access to this email.  Business cards have been printed & handed out before all this trouble began.....

Thanks in advance & I'll try to answer whatever techie questions may helpt o solve this.

I have three email addresses.  Two end with sbcglobal.net  The newest email for a business my husband & I started ends with yahoo.com

I did not have trouble witht he yahoo.com email at first but now I can almost never access it.  I go tot he yahoo/AT&T home page to sign out.  Usualyl when I sign in with the yahoo.com email; it tells me it doesn't exist or the password is wrong EVERY TIME.  I can sign intot he sbcglobal.net emails just fine with no problems.

I spent an hour on the the phone with AT&T.  One lady helped me change the password to the yahoo.com email; I was able to access it afterward, but never again since then.  Today I tried to change the password & it's telling me that maintainence is being done and I can't do that.

When I added the new email I didn't get a choice in the ending, it just showed up as yahoo.com I think. 

Also, when I go under my account information, all three emails are listed there (with an sbcglobal.net email as the primary) but I can't do a whole lot on that page--doesn't seem to be helpful

Can anyone help me?  Is there any reasonw hy I cannot sign in with the yahoo.com email?  Would it be possible to access the yahoo.com emails (sending & receiving) through one of the sbcglobal.net emails?

Please, I really son't know what to do & I need access to this email.  Business cards have been printed & handed out before all this trouble began.....

Thanks in advance & I'll try to answer whatever techie questions may helpt o solve this.

Cannot access new email

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2012 6:27:12 AM
(0)
Master

whatagem wrote:

How are you accessing your email accounts?

Do you use a third party email client (like outlook) or do you just go to the ATT/Yahoo website?

Is the new account a subaccount of your AT&T account or is it just a basic free Yahoo email account?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

whatagem wrote:

Do you use a third party email client (like outlook) or do you just go to the ATT/Yahoo website?

Is the new account a subaccount of your AT&T account or is it just a basic free Yahoo email account?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Cannot access new email

2 of 4 (272 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2012 2:18:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

I either sign out/in from the AT&T/Yahoo homepage or from from the AT&T/Yahoo email page.

It appears to be a subaccount.  When I go under "My Account" within the email page all three emails are listed there in the order that I created themOf course I could be totally wrong. 

I either sign out/in from the AT&T/Yahoo homepage or from from the AT&T/Yahoo email page.

It appears to be a subaccount.  When I go under "My Account" within the email page all three emails are listed there in the order that I created themOf course I could be totally wrong. 

3 of 4 (247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2012 2:38:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

I was looking around under Mail Options under my sbcglobal.net account.  It appears that I can send & receive the emails from the yahoo.com account to one of my other accounts (which would make life SO much easier!)  I need to know the server.....how do I find this please?

I was looking around under Mail Options under my sbcglobal.net account.  It appears that I can send & receive the emails from the yahoo.com account to one of my other accounts (which would make life SO much easier!)  I need to know the server.....how do I find this please?

4 of 4 (243 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments