Cannot access ATT sub account after migrating to ATT Yahoo account

Employee

Re: Need My Att.net Sub Account Password!!!

[ Edited ]

Hello JPPLE1951,

In order to resolve sepcific issue about your AT&T sub accout, I would suggest you contact AT&T eChat support by clicking on the link below.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 31 of 48 (1,130 Views)
Contributor

Re: Cannot access ATT sub account after migrating to ATT Yahoo account

Okay I did all the transfer of account plus sub account. I am receiving this error after completing the portal registration on sub account 

Error: Unauthorized to visit this page
Alert
Sorry! You are unauthorized to view this page
I am totally beside myself as my secondary account is for my business and now can't access. I live in Wyoming and apparently there isn't an echat and the phone number that you all are posting is a joke it is not 24/7. I have tried it, let alone where is the customer support help here!! I am also very annoyed to see that AT & T chose to use the Yahoo forefront. GROSS plus I am paying for this lousy service, excuse me Yahoo is free! :smileysad:  Shame on AT & T charging me $7.95 for a service that is free on the internet and if I seriously wanted 2 more yahoo accounts I would have signed up for them. I need access to my sub account so that I can pull up the contacts and saved emails....So help me if I am told it is not available then your company owes its long time customers big time for failure to delivery and promising a smooth transition. I did my part now you need to follow through and do yours. I can't believe this crummy transition. I was so worried about all of this and very disappointed to see the Yahoo interface. I know for a fact that my primary account if filled daily with spam, I didn't have this before the transition. So let's get the problem of sub account access figured out. Again I need access to the sub account and sounds like many others too. In fact I am so sorry I didn't just download my information and cancel the serivces
Extremely disappointed in this switch. First off your internet service isn't even available in my area and this is why Qwest has my long distance and dsl and basic service.
Message 32 of 48 (1,130 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

Hello tlcbear,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

In order to resolve this issue, please try to migrate your AT&T email account from AT&T NAP to AT&T PBY! through the steps  mentiopned below:

1. Please click on the link in their "Migrate Now" email to launch the Migration Tool. Lunch the Migration Tool link (this URL is case sensitive) and try to migrate your email accounts AT&T Dial NAP to Dial PBY!,

https://attreg.att.net/PortalMigrationTool/entry.d o

2. For the email ID to be migrated, please enter the email ID, domain (select from drop-down), and password.

3. Click Continue.

4. This page will not display if all of their proofing/validation credentials are on file. Instead, the Terms of Service page shown below will display.

5. Click Continue.

6. In order to proceed, you need to select Accept the Terms of Service.

7. Click Continue.

8.After the accepts the Terms of Service, you  will now taken to the Yahoo! pages to complete the migration process. you need to enter your member ID (full email address including domain) and password.

9. Click Sign In.

10. Please enter your Yahoo! profile details and all required fields.

11. Now, "Welcome to AT&T Powered by Yahoo!" page appears. The Member is presented with three selections (the first two are checked by default):

• Show list of all @att.net usernames on the Sign In page for this computer.
  • Make AT&T Powered by Yahoo! my homepage.
  • Set up Outlook Express or Windows Mail on this computer to send and receive email using memberID@att.net.

12. The final confirmation page displays. This page will provide you with Web addresses for your new homepage, support pages, and software downloads. Please click Go to my new AT&T Internet Service homepage to check out your new homepage.

13. Surf to att.net and try to sign-in to your new homepage.

14. Check that you are able to use the Webmail interface.

If you experience any difficulty while migrating from AT&T NAP to AT&T PBY!, we recommend that you contact AT&T eChat support by clicking the link below.

AT&T DSL Support Chat

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 33 of 48 (1,130 Views)
Contributor

Re: ATTN ATT Executives. Your customers cannot access their att.net folders!!!

I had 300 folders on my att.net website with vitally important information for my small business (i.e., client emails, financial statements,  documents). These folders have not migrated to my new Yahoo website! When will they?!!!

Message 34 of 48 (1,130 Views)
Employee

Hello Barry,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you regarding the transfer of your Mail Folders due to the migration of accounts. Please do not worry. All your folders will be transferred within 24-48 hours of the switch. Incase if that does not happen, I request you to please call us on 1-877-722-3755 and ask for Level 2 Tech Support. They are available 24x7 and will surely help you in retrieving the missing folders.

Employee Contributor*
Message 35 of 48 (1,130 Views)
Contributor

Penny,

Thank you for your prompt response!

Message 36 of 48 (1,130 Views)
Teacher

Penny

I'm very confused and upset. I've been an ATT dial up customer since your service started many many years ago. I did everything ATT told me to do regarding the migration and I figured out registering my subaccounts at Yahoo on my own yesterday, thus they're all there now. However...I can't seem to access the subaccounts from within the primary, thus forcing me to log in and out constantly. this is extremely annoying and a primary feature I used.

Also archives are lost. and external POP accounts dump their entire contents into my primary accounts inbox each time I tell it to check. Add to this that I still am figuring out how your "inbox counter" works...This migration was a disaster. Also, I pay (maybe "paid") for ATT service. Yahoo service is free. I have a yahoo account that I don't pay for. Why should I keep paying ATT??

Nancy

Message 37 of 48 (1,130 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]
Hello nhuber, 

I can only imagine how frustrated you must be with us at this point, I appreciate the admirable restraint you exercised in your message. I thank you on AT&T’s behalf for being a loyal customer. I would also like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback.   
If you have already migrated  from AT&T NAP to AT&T PBY! and want to access your subaccount from the primary email account, I would like to explain that you can definitely access all your emails for all sub-accounts by adding/associating them with your primary account, provided they have successfully been migrated to PBY. Once you have confirmed the migration of all sub-accounts, you can easily add the subaccounts to the primary account. 
To add your subaccount in your primary AT&T email account, please follow the steps available in the reply of your previous post, you can view the thread through the link mentioned below: 
I would like to add that there is no POP access feature with free Yahoo! accounts. However, AT&T is providing you the email accounts that has the POP access feature (so that you can configure your AT&T email account in any of your email client to access the emails, even when you are not connected to the Internet), you also have ability to create 10 sub email accounts.
Note: The POP access feature is available in paid yahoo e-mail accounts (Like the Yahoo plus e-mail account).
 The alternate of the Archive feature that you were using with the AT&T web mail is to configure your AT&T email account in email client (Outlook 2000/2002/2003/2007, Outlook Express, Mac mail, etc..), so all the emails of your AT&T email account will be saved and available in your computer (Hardrive). You can also access them when you are offline (without Internet).
 To configure your AT&T email account in your email client, please follow the steps available in the link mentioned below:http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB4015 73
If you experience any difficulty while configuring your AT&T email account in your email client, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support by clicking the link below.

Employee Contributor*
Message 38 of 48 (1,130 Views)
Teacher

Hi Penny

This link does not work:

http://attdsl.lithium.com/t5/Email/Webmail-pby-quo t-Check-other-mail-quot/td-p/6516/page/2

I received a 404.

I know how to use outlook, I have chosen to use webmail for the simplicity of being able to log on from any computer. Thank you for the direction though. Please note, that If I go back to using a mail client, I don't need Pop access for my externals as I can use the mail client for those also.

I'm upset about the archive because I lost a lot of content. More /louder notice should have been provided about losing that. Burying this in a busy message is not ok.

Just so you know, I work in the industry and have worked in the industry for many years. You can understand why I'm disappointed by this migration.

Nancy

Message 39 of 48 (1,131 Views)
Employee

Hello nhuber,

Please try the link again.

I certainly understand your point and I apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing due to the migration process.

I would also like to explain that the Archive feature has been removed by Yahoo! from the

Yahoo! web mail.

AT&T has designed a new home page that is powered by Yahoo! to offer many exciting new features and enhancements to your Internet experience. Once migrated, you'll have an updated look and many new content features and enhancements.

You are our valued customer and your satisfaction will always be our foremost priority. If you experience any further difficulty with your AT&T Internet Services, please feel free to contact us, we will be more than happy to help you.

Employee Contributor*
Message 40 of 48 (1,131 Views)
Former Moderator

The correct link for the page Penny is posting is: http://attdsl.lithium.com/t5/Email/Webmail-pby-quot-Check-other-mail-quot/td-p/6516/page/2

:smileyhappy:

Message 41 of 48 (1,784 Views)
Teacher

Hi Penny,

Thank you again.

Just so you know, the "new ATT home page powered by Yahoo" is the same functionality I had with my yahoo account. so no real gain there.

Nancy

Message 42 of 48 (1,784 Views)
Teacher

Hi

Thank you. I had seen that posting before.

While this will "work", its not ideal as it still treats the subaccounts as external and copies the mail into the main account.

Also, by the way it still isn't working for me, though I've checked all the settings. I'm going to have to do an echat, but I haven't had time.

This whole thing was really a big pain, and I'm still not sure what I would be paying for now.

N

Message 43 of 48 (1,784 Views)
Contributor

I also have the same problem. 

When try the migration url from a few post earlier i get :

tt.net Home Page and Email Upgrade
 Sorry, your account is not eligible for migration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

This is very frustrating, and has been for days and many tries.

Message 44 of 48 (1,784 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

Hello fv34,

If you are unable to complete the migration of your AT&T email account, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support by clicking the link below.

AT&T DSL Support

Employee Contributor*
Message 45 of 48 (1,784 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support