Cannot Send or Receive Emails

Cannot Send or Receive Emails

I am getting 0x800ccc0F when I send an email or when I click on Send/Receive through Outlook Express. It has worked before and didn't work suddenly. I have checked all settings and nothing has changed as well as in my PC settings. I am using my AT&T email address through this email program. I have not changed my password. For no particular reason at all, it has not been working. Anybody who can help? :smileysad:
Message 1 of 14 (2,772 Views)
Tutor

Re: Cannot Send or Receive Emails

We're experiencing this problem suddenly as well... Did you ever find a resolution? Thanks.
Message 2 of 14 (2,772 Views)
Teacher

I have the same problem. I can receive email, but as of yesterday I'm unable to send any using a client such as Windows Mail. Surely this must be a common problem for all us folks who use an email client rather than AT&T's clunky webmail? A solution (or reason) to ths problem would be much appreciated Cheers, Colin. (xxxx@theurquharts.net) FYI... I have my own domain/email currently hosted by eclipse.co.uk My outgoing mail is configured as follows: smtp.att.yahoo.com ; port 465 ; with authentication

Message 3 of 14 (2,772 Views)
Guru

your SMTP mail server settings are all correct. you just need to verify your non-AT&T email ID thru Yahoo!.

for more info: New to AT&T - Email client: can't get outgoing server settings working
Message 4 of 14 (2,772 Views)
Teacher

Akee, Thanks for the pointer to that link... but that was my original post a few weeks ago you helped me with - i.e. I verified those accounts as you suggested and all worked well until a few days ago. Do I need to re-verify the accounts? I think the only way that may be possible would be to delete the accounts then recreate them. Hmmm. Any other tips (or reasons why the accounts stopped being able to send)? Cheers, Colin.
Message 5 of 14 (2,772 Views)
Tutor

I suspect you have the same problem I do.... and that is, it looks like some IP addresses are getting black listed as spam sources. For instance, I can send email from other locations, but not my house - all with the same configuration. Ironically, I use AT&T for ISP service....
Message 6 of 14 (2,772 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I also get the same error 0x800ccc0F in my Outlook 2002. I have checked all the settings. I know I have the correct settings. I wish someone knows how to resolve this.
Message 7 of 14 (2,772 Views)
Employee

Hi DarkSoulsWrath!

To help resolve the error 0x800ccc0F in Outlook Express (OE), you may try these steps:

1. Make sure you're online and able to log in to the AT&T webmail. Go to http://att.yahoo.com/mail website, then log in using your complete AT&T email address and password.
Example: Username - memberid@att.net, memberid@sbcglobal.net, memberid@bellsouth.net etc.
Password - case-sensitive password

NOTE: Delete large emails, if any, in webmail Inbox.

2. Close all other applications actively running on your computer. Then double-check the current OE email settings.

On Outlook Express, go to Tools menu, choose Accounts.
Select the Mail tab. Highlight the email profile and click on Properties.

Go to the Servers tab. Check the ff:

Server Information section:
My incoming mail server is a POP3 server.
Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - pop.att.yahoo.com
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - smtp.att.yahoo.com

Incoming Mail Server section:
Account Name - complete AT&T email address (memberid@att.net, memberid@bellsouth.net etc.)
'Remember password' box should be checked.
'Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)' should NOT be checked.

Outgoing Mail Server section:
Check the box 'My server requires authentication'. Then hit the Settings button.
Select 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server' and hit OK.

NOTE: If you still receive 0x800ccc0F after checking the settings, select 'Log on using'.
Account Name - complete AT&T email address (memberid@att.net, memberid@bellsouth.net etc.)
'Remember password' box should be checked. Hit OK.

Then go to the Advanced tab. Check the ff:

Check the box 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)', and under Outgoing mail (SMTP) change the port to 465.
Check the box 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)', and under Incoming mail (POP3) change the port to 995.

In the Delivery section at the bottom of the window, check the boxes next to and "Leave a copy of messages on server" and "Delete from Server when removed from the Deleted Items" if you want to save your AT&T Yahoo! Mail messages on both the AT&T Yahoo! Mail server and on your local computer. Otherwise, do not check these boxes.

Click OK and then click on Close.

3. Clear messages in the Outbox folder.

4. If you have an antivirus software installed on your computer, try to disable its e-mail protection utility. Most antivirus program have e-mail protection which checks the mail as it comes in from the Post Office Protocol (POP) server.

5. You may also create a new identity or mail profile to test if it's a profile issue. Just delete the old email profile, and then close OE. Then re-open OE to create a new email profile. Again, double-check the email settings and try to send/receive a test email.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 14 (2,772 Views)
Contributor

Did the reply from AT & T support about this problem fix it for anybody? I've had to use another SMTP server for 6 months now. All the settings are correct. AT&T isn't doing anything about it and there's no way to email their support. Sorry about my tone, I'm pretty irritated by the whole thing.
Message 9 of 14 (2,772 Views)
Employee

Hello reinisb,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced. If you are using email account from another provider and unable to send the emails, check if you are able to sign in on the web mail using the same email account, if you are able to sign in please try the steps mentioned below and verify the outgoing server settings:

1. Select E-Accounts from the Tools menu. The E-mail Accounts window displays.
  2. Select the View or Change Existing email account button and select Next.
  3. Select the email account you want to use.
  4. Select Change from the Setting window.
  5. Verify that the email address is correct.
  6. Under Server Information:
  7. Verify that the field next to My incoming mail server is POP3.
  8. Type the mail server for the non-AT&T email account in the Incoming mail (POP3) field.
  9. Note: Contact your email provider for more information.

10. Verify that the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field is smtp.att.yahoo.com
  11. Verify that your non-AT&T email account name and password are correct in the User Name and Password fields.
  12. Click More Settings.
  13. Select the Outgoing Server tab.
  14. Put a check mark in the box next to 'My Outgoing Server requires Authentication'.
  15. Click the Log on Using button.
  16. Type your account name and password of your primary AT&T email account (enter the full email address) in the Account name and Password fields.
  17. Check the box next to Remember password.
  18. Select the Advanced tab.
  19. Under Outgoing server (SMTP), check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
  20. To the right of Outgoing server (SMTP), enter 465 in the field for the port number.
  21. Click OK.
  22. Click Next.
  23. Click Finish.

If you are using AT&T email account and unable to send/receive emails through your email account, use the link mentioned below to verify the settings of your email client:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568

After verifying the settings, if the issue persist, it is recommended that you contact the AT&T eChat helpdesk.

If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI', you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 14 (2,772 Views)
Contributor

Hi Penny,
I get the error 0x800ccc0F in my Outlook 2007 and my wife in Outlook 2003. I have checked all the settings and are correct. I am using email accounts from another provider (gmail, aol, etc) I receive the emails but I can not send it !!! but the error is not for the emails from gmail account !!!
I tried " the steps that you mentioned", but didn't work. Please. I need to resolve this problema asap, I can not get a correct answer by phone!
Thank you very much
Gershon
Message 11 of 14 (2,181 Views)
Former Moderator

Hello gershon10,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience. As for the error you're experiencing on your email client, this is caused by the new At&t Yahoo email server policy. You'll need to add the 3rd party email addresses first to your main email account in that way your internet connection would allow the outgoing mail server to send out the messages. This is a new security feature offered by Yahoo to enhance further the security of our email accounts aswell as the internet connection. We'll need to verify first the 3rd party email addresses in that way our members will be aware of the emails that are using their connection. Please follow this easy steps to add a 3rd party email address to your primary email account.

1.Please go to http://att.my.yahoo.com/ and sign in using your primary email address

2.Once your signed in please go to your email homepage

3.Click on Options which you can find on the upper right hand corner of your screen, then I'll need you click on More Options

4.Click on Accounts on the menu at the left hand corner

5.Once your in the setup page for Accounts please click on Add Account

6.Please populate the information's for Sending Mail but please leave the Receiving as it is

7.Click on Save changes and a confirmation page would appear

8.On Step 1 please click on Send Code and it'll send a confirmation code to your 3rd party email address

9.Please go to your 3rd party email address to retrieve the confirmations code, once you have it please key it in on the box on Step 3 and click Done to finish the process

Once you have added the account please go to back to your email client and configure the Outgoing Mail Server. Please click on this link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401645 and it'll give you important informations in setting up a 3rd party email address using an At&t connection. That link is for Outlook 2002, since the settings of Outlook are mostly alike please get the important informations like the Outgoing Mail Server, Outgoing port and etc. and configure your email client using this new informations.

Regarding the error 0x800ccc0F this is usually caused when a Modem was disconnected, or network cable was disconnected. If this happens alot, there may be noise on the phone line, you may need updated modem drivers, or an init string.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Message 12 of 14 (2,181 Views)
Contributor

Thank you very much !!!! It's working !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!

Gershon & Leticia

Message 13 of 14 (2,181 Views)
Former Moderator

Great, thanks for letting us know! :smileyhappy:

Message 14 of 14 (2,181 Views)