Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jun 3, 2010
9:42:11 PM
Cannot Register or Access Sub-Accounts--"Registration Error"

Hi,

I have access to my primary email account and from there can get to the "member management" section where my sub-accounts are listed.

Under the "Action" line it tells me to "complete AT & T portal registration" for these sub-accounts.  I type in the password so the registration of the sub-account can be completed, and then this appears: "Registration Error"

This has been going on for 2 weeks and I cant open the accounts, except on my cell phone, where they show up, for some reason.

Please advise what can be done.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

I have access to my primary email account and from there can get to the "member management" section where my sub-accounts are listed.

Under the "Action" line it tells me to "complete AT & T portal registration" for these sub-accounts.  I type in the password so the registration of the sub-account can be completed, and then this appears: "Registration Error"

This has been going on for 2 weeks and I cant open the accounts, except on my cell phone, where they show up, for some reason.

Please advise what can be done.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Cannot Register or Access Sub-Accounts--"Registration Error"

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2010 1:14:40 PM
(0)
Employee

It seems that your sub account needs to be migrate from the AT&T NAP portal located at my.att.net to the AT&T Powered by Yahoo! (PBY) portal located at www.att.net (redirects to my.att.yahoo.com).

If you are getting registration error while following the migration process from AT&T NAP to AT&T PBY!, please try the steps mentioned below to manually migrate the email account from AT&T NAP to AT&T PBY! 

1. Open the following link www.att/upgrade (this URL is case sensitive)

2. For the Member ID to be migrated, the you will need to enter the Member ID, domain (select from drop-down), and password.
   3. Click Continue.
   4. The following page will display if you does not have a complete set of proofing/validation credentials on file. If you do not, then you will presented with a page that will contain what you already have (if any), allow you to update what you do have, and require you to add whatever you don't have. For example - if you has the offline question on file - it will show you the question but the answer will be ******. If you doesn't remember what you answered you can update it. You will be required to add any data you don't already have on file.

Note: This page will not display if all of your proofing/validation credentials are on file. Instead, the Terms of Service page shown below will display.

5. Click Continue.

6. In order to proceed, you will need to select Accept the Terms of Service.

7. Click Continue.

8. After you accepts the Terms of Service, you are now taken to the Yahoo! pages to complete the migration process. You will need to enter your Member ID (full email address including domain) and password.

9. Click Sign In.

10. You are then presented with a Yahoo! profile page in which you will need to populate all required fields.

11. The "Welcome to AT&T Powered by Yahoo!" page appears. You are presented with three selections (the first two are checked by default):

• Show list of all @att.net usernames on the Sign In page for this computer.
  • Make AT&T Powered by Yahoo! my homepage.
  • Set up Outlook Express or Windows Mail on this computer to send and receive email using memberID@att.net.

Note: You will have to be using a Windows Operating System and Internet Explorer in order for the third option to be successful. The automatic configuration process of Outlook Express or Windows Mail requires the installation of an Active X control within Internet Explorer to function. If this third choice is selected, the Active X prompt will occur after the you clicks Next.

12. The final confirmation page displays. This page will provide with Web addresses for your new homepage, support pages, and software downloads. You can click Go to my new AT&T Internet Service homepage to check out your new homepage.

13. Try to surf to att.net and try to sign-in to your new homepage.

Note: If you would like a direct URL to Webmail, I would like to advise you to bookmark the following site, att.yahoo.com/mail.

If you experience any issue while migrating your sub account, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in ' AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI', you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

It seems that your sub account needs to be migrate from the AT&T NAP portal located at my.att.net to the AT&T Powered by Yahoo! (PBY) portal located at www.att.net (redirects to my.att.yahoo.com).

If you are getting registration error while following the migration process from AT&T NAP to AT&T PBY!, please try the steps mentioned below to manually migrate the email account from AT&T NAP to AT&T PBY! 

1. Open the following link www.att/upgrade (this URL is case sensitive)

2. For the Member ID to be migrated, the you will need to enter the Member ID, domain (select from drop-down), and password.
   3. Click Continue.
   4. The following page will display if you does not have a complete set of proofing/validation credentials on file. If you do not, then you will presented with a page that will contain what you already have (if any), allow you to update what you do have, and require you to add whatever you don't have. For example - if you has the offline question on file - it will show you the question but the answer will be ******. If you doesn't remember what you answered you can update it. You will be required to add any data you don't already have on file.

Note: This page will not display if all of your proofing/validation credentials are on file. Instead, the Terms of Service page shown below will display.

5. Click Continue.

6. In order to proceed, you will need to select Accept the Terms of Service.

7. Click Continue.

8. After you accepts the Terms of Service, you are now taken to the Yahoo! pages to complete the migration process. You will need to enter your Member ID (full email address including domain) and password.

9. Click Sign In.

10. You are then presented with a Yahoo! profile page in which you will need to populate all required fields.

11. The "Welcome to AT&T Powered by Yahoo!" page appears. You are presented with three selections (the first two are checked by default):

• Show list of all @att.net usernames on the Sign In page for this computer.
  • Make AT&T Powered by Yahoo! my homepage.
  • Set up Outlook Express or Windows Mail on this computer to send and receive email using memberID@att.net.

Note: You will have to be using a Windows Operating System and Internet Explorer in order for the third option to be successful. The automatic configuration process of Outlook Express or Windows Mail requires the installation of an Active X control within Internet Explorer to function. If this third choice is selected, the Active X prompt will occur after the you clicks Next.

12. The final confirmation page displays. This page will provide with Web addresses for your new homepage, support pages, and software downloads. You can click Go to my new AT&T Internet Service homepage to check out your new homepage.

13. Try to surf to att.net and try to sign-in to your new homepage.

Note: If you would like a direct URL to Webmail, I would like to advise you to bookmark the following site, att.yahoo.com/mail.

If you experience any issue while migrating your sub account, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in ' AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI', you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Cannot Register or Access Sub-Accounts--"Registration Error"

2 of 10 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2010 3:18:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you very much for the response.

Your message says to: "Open the following link www.att/upgrade" 

when I try to open the link it does not exist. Are you sure about this link?

Thank you very much for the response.

Your message says to: "Open the following link www.att/upgrade" 

when I try to open the link it does not exist. Are you sure about this link?

3 of 10 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2010 5:08:30 AM
(0)
Employee

I apologize for the incorrect link provided to you. Please try this link to initiate the migration procedure.

If you experience any issue while migrating your account, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

I apologize for the incorrect link provided to you. Please try this link to initiate the migration procedure.

If you experience any issue while migrating your account, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 10 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2010 10:14:33 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks again.

I went to the new link, did the password, and here is the reply:

Sorry, your account is not eligible for migration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any advice about how to proceed, please let me know.

Thanks again.

I went to the new link, did the password, and here is the reply:

Sorry, your account is not eligible for migration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any advice about how to proceed, please let me know.

5 of 10 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2010 5:56:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

This is one of the results I also encountered when trying to “complete AT&T portal registration” for my sub-accounts.

IS THERE A SOLUTION FOR THIS YET?

This is one of the results I also encountered when trying to “complete AT&T portal registration” for my sub-accounts.

IS THERE A SOLUTION FOR THIS YET?

6 of 10 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 2:08:37 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello GEORGEMFRICK,

While trying to complete the migration process with your AT&T sub email accounts if you are getting error (Sorry, your account is not eligible for migration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.) , this indicates that your AT&T email account is currently not eligible to migrate. In order to verify the same, I would suggest you to contact AT&T technical support and verify the same, they will check your AT&T account details and help you accordingly.

If you are in ' AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI', you may click on the following link to connect to a cha

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnai re_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

Hello GEORGEMFRICK,

While trying to complete the migration process with your AT&T sub email accounts if you are getting error (Sorry, your account is not eligible for migration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.) , this indicates that your AT&T email account is currently not eligible to migrate. In order to verify the same, I would suggest you to contact AT&T technical support and verify the same, they will check your AT&T account details and help you accordingly.

If you are in ' AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI', you may click on the following link to connect to a cha

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnai re_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

7 of 10 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 5:52:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you, i appreciate your help, but your post didnt tell me how to contact AT&T Tech Support.

Also there is no way I can wait on the phone for 8 hours trying to reach someone and then just get hung up on by a computer.

Please tell me what you think--it looks like these old sub-accounts just arent going to work, so for simplicity's sake would I be better off just abandoning them and making new sub accounts?

Thank you, i appreciate your help, but your post didnt tell me how to contact AT&T Tech Support.

Also there is no way I can wait on the phone for 8 hours trying to reach someone and then just get hung up on by a computer.

Please tell me what you think--it looks like these old sub-accounts just arent going to work, so for simplicity's sake would I be better off just abandoning them and making new sub accounts?

8 of 10 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2010 5:23:03 AM
(0)
Employee

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If you are unable to migrate your sub AT&T email accounts and getting error message, it is recommended that you contact AT&T technical support and follow the steps of the migration as per their recommendation, they will help you according to current scenario.

I would also like to explain that many of AT&T customers have query about the migration, due to which the call volume is bit high at the AT&T voice support and it increases the hold time for the customers.  I would request you to, please wait for some time and try to get in touch again with the AT&T voice support at 1-877-722-3755.

To contact AT&T eChat support, please click on the link mentioned below:

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If you are unable to migrate your sub AT&T email accounts and getting error message, it is recommended that you contact AT&T technical support and follow the steps of the migration as per their recommendation, they will help you according to current scenario.

I would also like to explain that many of AT&T customers have query about the migration, due to which the call volume is bit high at the AT&T voice support and it increases the hold time for the customers.  I would request you to, please wait for some time and try to get in touch again with the AT&T voice support at 1-877-722-3755.

To contact AT&T eChat support, please click on the link mentioned below:

9 of 10 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2010 8:41:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

THANK YOU!! ALL SET, THANKS TO YOU AND ADRIENNE ON THE ECHAT!

THANK YOU!! ALL SET, THANKS TO YOU AND ADRIENNE ON THE ECHAT!

10 of 10 (804 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments