Canceled service, still getting billed

Contributor

Canceled service, still getting billed

I canceled my service in mid-February, before the current bill was due. This month, I received another bill notification from my bank (I opted not to receive paper bills), as if the service has not been canceled. I've tried calling the 800 number and can't get to a live person to discuss this with.

Complicating my entire AT&T experience, I have not been able to log into my account since day 1 of my service; it always claims my zip code is wrong when I'm trying to use the reminder options to get my login information, despite the fact that I haven't moved since beginning service and the zip code is the same as my service and bill payments. This also prevents me from being able to view my bill, which (combined with horrible technical service) was the reason why I canceled in the first place.

Message 1 of 5 (728 Views)

Re: Canceled service, still getting billed

I'm in the same boat. Long story short, my Internet was disconnected the first Friday in February and I was without service all weekend because no one could tell me why it was disconnected and any department who could reconnect it was closed until Monday. When I finally got someone to straighten it out, I was told that their records showed I requested the services. Bull poo I did! Then they claimed it was a mistake. So I said well then leave it disconnected. We had already had Comcast installed anyways.

So then I receive a bill for February. Call them, they reassure me that the account is cancelled, and for my trouble they will eat the final bill. Great. I was supposed to receive a "final bill" with a $0 balance. Never happened. Then this morning I receive an email that my march bill is ready. Um, what bill? The service has been disconnected since February 3rd. I am livid, and will be calling them as soon as I get home from work
Message 2 of 5 (677 Views)
Contributor

I too am having a similar problem.  I started getting bills for service I never even signed up for nor did I receive.  I called and explained and the girl told me she would cancel the account, credit me in full and it would be reflected on my next statement.  The next statement came and only a partial amount was credited.  Today I receive a COLLECTION NOTICE from a debt collector!!??  What!??  I'm in "collections" already after only a month and a half for service I never wanted or received!!?  I too have called customer service and spent an hour getting transferred around to various departments (billing, accounts receivable, fraud, retention, etc.) all claiming that the other is responsible and able to credit my account, but none of them ever have.  If I ask to speak to a manager or supervisor, which of course none are available and I get put on hold and then a few minutes later, disconnected ... what a surprise.  No one at this company seems to know how to do anything.  I'm beyond mad that the un-educated, un-trained, un-caring staff at AT&T are going to ruin my credit.  I'm truly dumb-founded by these people.

Message 3 of 5 (610 Views)
Contributor

After emailing my complaint to ATT, within 24 hours I received an apology and confirmation that my account would be reduced to $0.00.  I'm not holding my breath though.  Will wait and see what (if anything) transpires.

Message 4 of 5 (599 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I am experiencing the same problem. I canceled my service in January, received a final bill in February for $8.00, and then I receive an email saying my bill was ready to be viewed and it was $90. I don't understand how they can figure I owe that when I have a new account with them. I don't even live at the address they are billing me for anymore. I moved in January when I canceled the service.

Message 5 of 5 (590 Views)