Can't install AT&T/Yahoo Browser on new PC with Windows 7

Contributor

Can't install AT&T/Yahoo Browser on new PC with Windows 7

I am running Windows 7 on a new PC and tried to install AT&T/Yahoo Browser with the installation cd, but the system won't let me. Do I need an updated installation cd or is the browser not yet compatible with Windows 7 yet?
Message 1 of 4
Guru

Re: Can't install AT&T/Yahoo Browser on new PC with Windows 7

hi princess38s!

I believe that AT&T already stopped supporting the AT&T Yahoo! browser. It's not even available anymore for downloads from their website. the software itself is no longer available.

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thanks for the info!
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Mentor

princess38s wrote:
I am running Windows 7 on a new PC and tried to install AT&T/Yahoo Browser with the installation cd, but the system won't let me. Do I need an updated installation cd or is the browser not yet compatible with Windows 7 yet?
Hi princess38!! You can set up AT&T as your default homepage if you want. Since AT&T stop providing their AT&T Yahoo Browser, All browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla can set AT&T as theri default homepage. You can follow this step: For Internet Explorer: - First open the Internet Explorer Browser - Click the tools button from the MENU BAR (if there is no tools you can click ALT and T key at the same time on your keyboard) - Then select Internet Options - Under General Tab of Internet Options you will see a box under homepage - Type the website http://att.my.yahoo.com/ - Click the apply then OK button at the bottom of the page. For Mozilla Firefox: - First open the Firfox Browser - Click the tools button from the MENU BAR (if there is no tools you can click ALT and T key at the same time on your keyboard) - Then select Options - Under Main Tab of Options you will see a box entitled homepage - Type the website http://att.my.yahoo.com/ - Click the OK button at the bottom of the page. This will open the AT&T homepage everytime you open your browser
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support