Helpful Links

Can't get Temporary Password mail

Contributor

Can't get Temporary Password mail

just signed up to this forum so that people don't waste their time just like i have.

If you have an old email account (no wireless service or other att product - used to be a big fan, but big detractor now, this is another reason why i hate att). and you loose access to it. then the only way to get help is thrrough the web however this issue is not available and after talking with people in wireless (i don't have one with att) and dsl (i have fios) they tell you that email questions are answer by "charlie" - agent erroneously told me that "charlie" is managed by live, breathing people (not true). So after wasting my time i decided it was not worth it to get access to my email and have decided to just use gmail (free vs. paying att.net $7 per month (i know, i could not cut the cord but this made it easy)

If you are still reading this is the jist. My CC expired and needed to updated it for the monthly recurring bill. I was able to reset my pw and did that to gain access to the account to make the changes to the cc and therefore the email. After i reset the pw, i was presented with a warning that the account has been disabled (7 days passed) - noone at ATT knows that after the account is disabled (message on front page) states that you get a "temporary password" to your mobile device (not have it linked to att account) if no device they mail it to you if you call (... and then the rest of the {word filter evasion} happened)..

So thanks ATT for continue to suck so that i know i am happy with any onther company except att.

Message 1 of 2
Community Manager

Re: Can't get Temporary Password mail

londonoc wrote:

just signed up to this forum so that people don't waste their time just like i have.

If you have an old email account (no wireless service or other att product - used to be a big fan, but big detractor now, this is another reason why i hate att). and you loose access to it. then the only way to get help is thrrough the web however this issue is not available and after talking with people in wireless (i don't have one with att) and dsl (i have fios) they tell you that email questions are answer by "charlie" - agent erroneously told me that "charlie" is managed by live, breathing people (not true). So after wasting my time i decided it was not worth it to get access to my email and have decided to just use gmail (free vs. paying att.net $7 per month (i know, i could not cut the cord but this made it easy)

If you are still reading this is the jist. My CC expired and needed to updated it for the monthly recurring bill. I was able to reset my pw and did that to gain access to the account to make the changes to the cc and therefore the email. After i reset the pw, i was presented with a warning that the account has been disabled (7 days passed) - noone at ATT knows that after the account is disabled (message on front page) states that you get a "temporary password" to your mobile device (not have it linked to att account) if no device they mail it to you if you call (... and then the rest of the {word filter evasion} happened)..

So thanks ATT for continue to suck so that i know i am happy with any onther company except att.

Welcome londonoc. I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience. Since this is account specific, please send me a Private Message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support