Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 20, 2012
9:28:44 PM
View profile
Can not access XBox Live Marketplace using 3600HGV

About 8 months ago after my U-Verse internet access was installed, I had no issues accessing Xbox features like Marketplace and other social aspects.  Two months later this changed with an Xbox error of:

(80072741), Some Xbox live content is temporarily unavailable.  You can still access your profile, communicate with other players, and play games online.  The content will atomically appear when its available.

I have always had the ability to play multiplayer games although after login, the above pop-up error message appears and the titles of Home, Social, Video, Games, Music, Apps have limited functionally (no Marketplace access) with TV and Bing completely missing from the title bar.

After about 24 hour of working with Microsoft and trying everything in the book with regard to the Xbox console, their suggestion was to bring the console to a friend’s house and prove the issue was not with the unit.  This was completed and the console worked as expected.

Turning to AT&T for help and several call into the problem, AT&T turned me to their Xbox support team who wants to charge me $50.00 to resolve the issue which is defiantly related the 2Wire 3600HGV.

As a network engineer by trade, I am not out of my realm with regards networking.  I’ve tried everything from (Wired, Wireless, DMZ+, pin holes, DHCP, Static IP, Etc.) and less than a factory reset due to all the MAC Access addresses I have in place I don’t know what else to try.

Could anyone provided any guides to this issue?

About 8 months ago after my U-Verse internet access was installed, I had no issues accessing Xbox features like Marketplace and other social aspects.  Two months later this changed with an Xbox error of:

(80072741), Some Xbox live content is temporarily unavailable.  You can still access your profile, communicate with other players, and play games online.  The content will atomically appear when its available.

I have always had the ability to play multiplayer games although after login, the above pop-up error message appears and the titles of Home, Social, Video, Games, Music, Apps have limited functionally (no Marketplace access) with TV and Bing completely missing from the title bar.

After about 24 hour of working with Microsoft and trying everything in the book with regard to the Xbox console, their suggestion was to bring the console to a friend’s house and prove the issue was not with the unit.  This was completed and the console worked as expected.

Turning to AT&T for help and several call into the problem, AT&T turned me to their Xbox support team who wants to charge me $50.00 to resolve the issue which is defiantly related the 2Wire 3600HGV.

As a network engineer by trade, I am not out of my realm with regards networking.  I’ve tried everything from (Wired, Wireless, DMZ+, pin holes, DHCP, Static IP, Etc.) and less than a factory reset due to all the MAC Access addresses I have in place I don’t know what else to try.

Can not access XBox Live Marketplace using 3600HGV

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2012 3:01:09 PM
(0)
Community Manager

bp-Media wrote:

Welcome bp-Media. I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing trouble. If you've already tried the Master Reset option, please send me a Private Message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

bp-Media wrote:

Welcome bp-Media. I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing trouble. If you've already tried the Master Reset option, please send me a Private Message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Can not access XBox Live Marketplace using 3600HGV

2 of 4 (493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2012 10:28:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

Alex,

I was trying to avoid doing the master reset due to all the MAC Address security currently in place although I don’t seem to have any other solution at this point.  I will complete this process and get back with you.

Thank you for your continued support.

-bp

Alex,

I was trying to avoid doing the master reset due to all the MAC Address security currently in place although I don’t seem to have any other solution at this point.  I will complete this process and get back with you.

Thank you for your continued support.

-bp

3 of 4 (433 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2012 2:00:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

Alex,

I completed the process of a factory default reset today and once completed went straight to the DHCP discovered XBOX 360 device and configured it as “DMZplus Mode”.  Rebooted everything without making any 2Wire personalization changes and I have the same issue.

I can assure you the issue is defiantly with the router.  I proved this by configuring the XBOX to go through an AT&T Hot Spot without issue.

I believe it’s time to take you up on your offer and contact you directly.

Thank you.

Alex,

I completed the process of a factory default reset today and once completed went straight to the DHCP discovered XBOX 360 device and configured it as “DMZplus Mode”.  Rebooted everything without making any 2Wire personalization changes and I have the same issue.

I can assure you the issue is defiantly with the router.  I proved this by configuring the XBOX to go through an AT&T Hot Spot without issue.

I believe it’s time to take you up on your offer and contact you directly.

Thank you.

4 of 4 (415 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments