09-02-2009 9:53 AM
09-02-2009 12:59 PM
i used to have the att yahoo! browser too, but i had to install the new Internet Explorer 8 by Yahoo! since att stopped providing support for the att browser.
you could try clearing the IE8's browser settings to help it process a lot faster. try these steps below that i got from the helpsite.
Internet Explorer 8 for Windows:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click Tools (top part of screen).
3. Click Internet Options.
4. On the General tab (under Browsing history) click Delete.
5. Select the checkbox next to Cookies. Put checks on the rest of the other boxes as well, except the Password box.
6. Click Delete and then click OK.
7. Go to the Privacy tab, make sure it is set to Medium.
8. Then go to Connections tab. Click on LAN Settings button. Make sure that none of the boxes are checked.
9. Hit OK.
10. Close and re-open IE8 browser. See if it's faster and will allow you to download stuff from the internet.
09-05-2009 9:27 AM
09-27-2009 11:59 AM
10-01-2009 3:53 PM
It might not be your browser, but your modem and router. The easiest solution is to get AT&T send you one of their 2Wire Gateways (Modem and Router in one). Tell them you're thinking about switching to a cable modem because of your trouble and they may send you one free. If you don't want to pay, (or if they won't give you a free one) try searching the internet for download problems due to incorrect modem and router configurations. Hope this helps, John
Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!
Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!
For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!