Can I merge my newly created yahoo email account with my established sbc account?

Tutor

Can I merge my newly created yahoo email account with my established sbc account?

While my sbc account was suspended for about an hour, I was prompted to create a yahoo account so that I could access my sbc email (and thereby open the email that had proof of a recent payment). Now that my sbc account is functioning properly, I have no emails, contacts or folders. They've all been permanently transferred to this new yahoo account . I thought I just accessed my sbc account through this yahoo account, but sbc tech support says the two accounts can never be merged. I now have my old emails and all my folders in a yahoo account I never plan to use, and the sbc account I pay for has nothing but emails that were received since the account got out of suspension. HELP!!!!! Does anyone know what I can do? Hours spent on phone with tech support and I've still gotten nowhere. I appreciate any suggestions.
Message 1 of 5 (2,474 Views)
Guru

Re: Can I merge my newly created yahoo email account with my established sbc account?

complicated... when your AT&T email got temporarily suspended, and you clicked on the TRANSFER button to create a free Yahoo! ID, this process permanently renamed your previously suspended ID to the new free Yahoo! ID. The process cannot be reversed. i wish you had not clicked on the TRANSFER option to create the Yahoo ID and just waited for your account to get reactivated. :smileysad:

unfortunately, you cannot remerge these two IDs anymore. what you can do is manually send/forward all important emails from the free Yahoo! ID to the AT&T ID, and then just arrange the emails into folders again. it's a tedious work, but it's the only possible way to get your emails back on the AT&T mailbox (all emails will show your Yahoo! ID as the sender instead of the original ones). while for the contacts/address book, you can export them from the Yahoo! ID and import them to the AT&T email ID. that's what I suggest.

Message 2 of 5 (2,474 Views)
Guru

Re: Can I merge my newly created yahoo email account with my established sbc account?

i'll be more than happy to give you the steps in exporting and importing your contacts to the AT&T email ID in case you decide to do so.

Message 3 of 5 (2,474 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling it was permanent. I need to learn to chill and not act on every single thing instantly...should take after my husband more...the king of procrastination! Would a service like "true switch" help bring my emails from the new yahoo account back to my original sbc account? At least my life wouldn't be fractured and $19.95 isn't a bad price to pay for my mistake, and I could spend the time refiling them back into my sbc folders. Finally, in this Monday mess, my contacts were completely lost on both sides and interestingly, sbc has received approval from yahoo to restore them since that wasn't a problem I caused. My contacts will be back tomorrow in the new Yahoo account. When that happens (and I thankfully see everyone back in the list!) I'll ask you for directions so I can at least import them back to my original account. Thanks so much for your kind response. What a bad week!
Message 4 of 5 (2,474 Views)
Guru

you're welcome! hopefully, you get your complete address book back. I believe that Trueswitch supports the free Yahoo! to AT&T Yahoo! transfer.

"TrueSwitch currently supports switching between most major Internet Service Providers (ISPs) including:

• ISPs with their own email programs (AOL, CompuServe, Earthlink and MSN )
  • ISPs offering web-based email and support for standards-based email clients (AT&T Worldnet, Cablevision (Optimum Online), Juno, NetZero, SBC Yahoo!)
  • free web-based email (Hotmail and Yahoo!) which don't support standards-based email clients (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express)
  • ISPs supporting standards-based email clients (most other ISPs)"

for more info: Does TrueSwitch support my Internet Service Provider?  --> http://www.trueswitch.com/help_support.htm

you could also get in touch first with their techsupport before you pay for the product (to make sure that everything goes smoothly). :smileyhappy: Help Center --> http://www.trueswitch.com/help.htm

hope everything turns out well! :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 5 (2,474 Views)