Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 7, 2011
8:38:47 AM
View profile
Called AT&T this morning to upgrade DSL speed and was told I couldn't???

I called this morning to upgrade my internet from DSL Direct Basic to the next speed tier and was told they didn't have the availability in my area to do so.  When I originally signed up back in April I had the option to go with a higher speed and chose not to so why when I want to upgrade now am I not able to do so?  If I'm truly not able to upgrade to a faster speed is there anything else I can do to speed things up?  I've heard that there are accelerators that AT&T can install in your house to increase the speed, is this true?

I called this morning to upgrade my internet from DSL Direct Basic to the next speed tier and was told they didn't have the availability in my area to do so.  When I originally signed up back in April I had the option to go with a higher speed and chose not to so why when I want to upgrade now am I not able to do so?  If I'm truly not able to upgrade to a faster speed is there anything else I can do to speed things up?  I've heard that there are accelerators that AT&T can install in your house to increase the speed, is this true?

Called AT&T this morning to upgrade DSL speed and was told I couldn't???

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 4:16:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

I don't understand this either... I have been trying to get my service upgraded to a faster speed for over a 2 years now, still waiting for upgrade availability in my area (also rural).  Cable service looking better and better...

I don't understand this either... I have been trying to get my service upgraded to a faster speed for over a 2 years now, still waiting for upgrade availability in my area (also rural).  Cable service looking better and better...

Re: Called AT&T this morning to upgrade DSL speed and was told I couldn't???

2 of 5 (580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2015 3:42:38 AM
(0)
Tutor

I paid for the fastest DSL from AT&T for years & they knew they only had the slowest in my area, when confronted after I was told by a tech AT&T only had 1 speed in my area, they never offered refund but I now pay for the slowest speed connection after being ripped off for over 2 years!

I paid for the fastest DSL from AT&T for years & they knew they only had the slowest in my area, when confronted after I was told by a tech AT&T only had 1 speed in my area, they never offered refund but I now pay for the slowest speed connection after being ripped off for over 2 years!

3 of 5 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2015 5:05:24 AM
(0)
Teacher
YOu should have confronted them a lot sooner, instead of 2 years down the road. Of course they won't refund you
YOu should have confronted them a lot sooner, instead of 2 years down the road. Of course they won't refund you

4 of 5 (97 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2015 1:11:33 PM
(0)
Tutor
Well I did not know sooner, an honest AT&T tech told me after I had spent many phone calls, hours of my time to tech support about buffering video. So if I had known sooner I WOULD HAVE CONFRONTED THEM SOONER! They still call me to "UPGRADE" to a faster speed, I have to tell them there is no faster DSL in my area.“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Maya Angelo
Well I did not know sooner, an honest AT&T tech told me after I had spent many phone calls, hours of my time to tech support about buffering video. So if I had known sooner I WOULD HAVE CONFRONTED THEM SOONER! They still call me to "UPGRADE" to a faster speed, I have to tell them there is no faster DSL in my area.“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Maya Angelo

Re: Called AT

5 of 5 (75 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments