Internet Forums

Posted Jun 24, 2010
2:29:20 PM
View profile
Broken Router?

I have a white squarish AT&T router that i received after my old one cut out. Randomly, the internet would cut out. No lights would change on the router but my desktop and my laptop wouldn't connect to it. Reseting my computer or trouble shooting seemed to reconnect it. What could the problem be?

I have a white squarish AT&T router that i received after my old one cut out. Randomly, the internet would cut out. No lights would change on the router but my desktop and my laptop wouldn't connect to it. Reseting my computer or trouble shooting seemed to reconnect it. What could the problem be?

Broken Router?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2010 5:17:14 AM
(0)
AT&T Internet Expert
Hello halon1,

This intermittent connection issue requires multiple troubleshooting steps. Hence, I would suggest you to contact AT&T eChat support and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. If require they will run a line test on your AT&T DSL line.

If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI' area, You may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:
https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnai re_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello halon1,

This intermittent connection issue requires multiple troubleshooting steps. Hence, I would suggest you to contact AT&T eChat support and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. If require they will run a line test on your AT&T DSL line.

If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI' area, You may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:
https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnai re_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

Re: Broken Router?

2 of 2 (617 Views)