Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 20, 2011
4:06:43 PM
View profile
Billing issue - termination fee

I signed up for DSL service in September 2010.  I cancelled my service at the end of May because I moved to an address that AT&T does not have DSL service.  When I signed up for service it was a 12 month promotional plan with no contract.  I specifically checked for a contract because I knew I would likely be moving when my lease ended at the end of May.  They are now telling me that I did have a contract which I should have known because I was receiving a discount.  They are trying to make me think I'm stupid/losing my mind.  I feel like I have no recourse.  Help please!?!?  By the way, they are currently offering internet plans with discounts and no contracts.

I signed up for DSL service in September 2010.  I cancelled my service at the end of May because I moved to an address that AT&T does not have DSL service.  When I signed up for service it was a 12 month promotional plan with no contract.  I specifically checked for a contract because I knew I would likely be moving when my lease ended at the end of May.  They are now telling me that I did have a contract which I should have known because I was receiving a discount.  They are trying to make me think I'm stupid/losing my mind.  I feel like I have no recourse.  Help please!?!?  By the way, they are currently offering internet plans with discounts and no contracts.

Billing issue - termination fee

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2011 4:19:32 PM
(0)
Contributor
My next step is to cancel my wireless service. At this point it feels like the only recourse I have.
My next step is to cancel my wireless service. At this point it feels like the only recourse I have.

Re: Billing issue - termination fee

2 of 3 (362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2011 10:49:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

yes they are doing this to everyone. i got the same thing except they did not even give me the discount price but only the contract!!!! BEWARE THIS COMPANY IS FRAUDULENT NOW.

yes they are doing this to everyone. i got the same thing except they did not even give me the discount price but only the contract!!!! BEWARE THIS COMPANY IS FRAUDULENT NOW.

Re: Billing issue - termination fee

3 of 3 (297 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments