Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 7, 2012
1:16:31 PM
View profile
Big Problems with at&t
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 7, 2012 at 2:26:31 PM

Almost as big as the problems you all are about to have with ME.

HISTORY - - - - 

When I signed up with AT&T for DSL service, there were problems right out of the gate. My apartment cannot receive U-Verse service without an additional fee for some necessary installation - WHICH, should be INCLUDED since its NECESSARY FOR SERVICE.

So, I explicitly told the person signing me on to your crap-tastic menagerie of headaches and raised stress levels (more than once, mind) that I wanted DSL. DSL. DSL. DSL.

Imagine my surprise with my U-Verse equipment showed up.

Needless to say, that surprised waned over the time it took in dealing with a laundry list of people to get my account canceled, my money refunded and this heap of garbage sent back to your reclamation center.

PRESENT DAY - - - - 

But I finally succeeded. after over a month of fighting with your monolithic company I was able to wrench my money from your hands and replace it with the utter **** that you had given me in terms of customer service.

NOW - there's a new problem, which WOULD be a surprise if I haven't been looking over my shoulder  (figuratively speaking) for a month and a half in case I catch a glimpse of some AT&T rep trying to sell me something.

My account, now cancelled is still having mail sent to me. I want this to STOP. Take a note, I'm so OFFENSIVELY SEROIUS.

BUT, this is not the biggest issue of all is that you HAVE CURRENTLY BILLED ME $144.00 FOR THE EQUIPMENT THAT I SENT BACK, which, BY THE WAY I have a receipt and shipping order form sitting inches from me - PROVING that somewhere there's a bunch of ***** with the equipment that I sent back some weeks ago.

As No one at AT&T works on weekends to answer any important issues like this - probably because the company makes too much money- I've resolve to post my huge, over the top, anger-laden rant fest here. There's simply nothing that can be done about it, but I work during your regular business hours for the money you've seen fit to continue to take from me.

I expect this to be RESOLVED. Not only that, I've dealt with this company so much trying to get back what is MINE that you have -STOLEN from me . I can't begin to express in words how LIVID I am currently, But I like to think this tacky, crass, crude, unprofessional, and callus message post is a good start.

In closing, If I can't be helped NOW on this matter the issues are going to get worse from here. While I highly recommend that you guys start staffing your company for issues just such as these during "NORMAL REST OF THE WORLD HOURS", I highly doubt that anyone who reads this is going to care in the least, or, not be completely put off by the second paragraph.

So here's me, waiting for a response and hoping that you, the company whom I loathe, will do right for once in our relationship. I want to be refunded the money that I MAY NEED to do things like eat for another week, and if it takes 2 more days, well, I'll be sure to get back more than what you owe me for my continued and consistant frustrations.

Your company makes BILLIONS, you are ACCOUNTABLE for EVERY CENT and EVERY PERSON who invests in the livelyhood of the company. So, rather than meet this messag with apathy, Surprise me for the second time since I've been in talks with AT&T and fix the issue in a prompt (and your typically courteous) manner.

Also, the robot man I speak to for half an hour before I find out that I can't speak with anyone? NOT helpful in the least.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

HISTORY - - - - 

When I signed up with AT&T for DSL service, there were problems right out of the gate. My apartment cannot receive U-Verse service without an additional fee for some necessary installation - WHICH, should be INCLUDED since its NECESSARY FOR SERVICE.

So, I explicitly told the person signing me on to your crap-tastic menagerie of headaches and raised stress levels (more than once, mind) that I wanted DSL. DSL. DSL. DSL.

Needless to say, that surprised waned over the time it took in dealing with a laundry list of people to get my account canceled, my money refunded and this heap of garbage sent back to your reclamation center.

PRESENT DAY - - - - 

But I finally succeeded. after over a month of fighting with your monolithic company I was able to wrench my money from your hands and replace it with the utter **** that you had given me in terms of customer service.

NOW - there's a new problem, which WOULD be a surprise if I haven't been looking over my shoulder  (figuratively speaking) for a month and a half in case I catch a glimpse of some AT&T rep trying to sell me something.

My account, now cancelled is still having mail sent to me. I want this to STOP. Take a note, I'm so OFFENSIVELY SEROIUS.

BUT, this is not the biggest issue of all is that you HAVE CURRENTLY BILLED ME $144.00 FOR THE EQUIPMENT THAT I SENT BACK, which, BY THE WAY I have a receipt and shipping order form sitting inches from me - PROVING that somewhere there's a bunch of ***** with the equipment that I sent back some weeks ago.

As No one at AT&T works on weekends to answer any important issues like this - probably because the company makes too much money- I've resolve to post my huge, over the top, anger-laden rant fest here. There's simply nothing that can be done about it, but I work during your regular business hours for the money you've seen fit to continue to take from me.

I expect this to be RESOLVED. Not only that, I've dealt with this company so much trying to get back what is MINE that you have -STOLEN from me . I can't begin to express in words how LIVID I am currently, But I like to think this tacky, crass, crude, unprofessional, and callus message post is a good start.

In closing, If I can't be helped NOW on this matter the issues are going to get worse from here. While I highly recommend that you guys start staffing your company for issues just such as these during "NORMAL REST OF THE WORLD HOURS", I highly doubt that anyone who reads this is going to care in the least, or, not be completely put off by the second paragraph.

So here's me, waiting for a response and hoping that you, the company whom I loathe, will do right for once in our relationship. I want to be refunded the money that I MAY NEED to do things like eat for another week, and if it takes 2 more days, well, I'll be sure to get back more than what you owe me for my continued and consistant frustrations.

Your company makes BILLIONS, you are ACCOUNTABLE for EVERY CENT and EVERY PERSON who invests in the livelyhood of the company. So, rather than meet this messag with apathy, Surprise me for the second time since I've been in talks with AT&T and fix the issue in a prompt (and your typically courteous) manner.

Also, the robot man I speak to for half an hour before I find out that I can't speak with anyone? NOT helpful in the least.

Big Problems with at&t

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2012 11:50:29 AM
(0)
Tutor

So sorry to hear your tale of woe, eightysix.....rest assured there are many of us out here.  Many moons ago I too tried to have my problems addressed by calling ATT for HELP (!) something they cannot possibly provide.  After dealing with call centers in the Phillipines & other places without fluent English speakers or people who will not stray from their phone scripts, I have also come to the conclusion that ATT does not give a CRAP about their customers.  I now see they no longer provide customer service by human beings on the weekend.... nice touch people, keep those improvements coming.

Several years ago, I was auto sent ( due to circumstances at the time) a new modem from ATT for my dsl, which I had not requested & reported to them that I had never received. I called because a rather large charge had suddenly appeared on my bill & wanted to know what it was for.  This was after I had moved & been living at my new address (where they themselves sent a tech for a dsl connection!) for over a year.  Come to find out, the sales department never verified my address was correct before mailing the device to an apartment complex where I no longer lived.  Then, I was told, because 'it had been so long' since the actual event had occured, they could not refund the amount to my account & be done with it; what they would have to do instead was credit a lump sump to the account to offset the monthly charges that I would incur for THE NEXT 10 MOINTHS to pay for said modem I had not received, through no fault of my own. 

Fast forward to today, when I received my ATT bill for the month.  It has a 65$ credit with no explanation included.  And of course, now ATT has removed the ability to check your billing history from the web site too.  Once again, nice touch....keep those improvements coming folks.

So, since today is a weekend day, I will have to wait until tomorrow to contact a human being & sit on hold for NO LESS than 20 minutes EACH & EVERY time I have to speak with someone for "help" at whatever part of the world they send me to.  Does this company HONESTLY think that ANYONE with a choice would choose THEM?  Saying 'thank you for calling ATT' each time is like putting salt in the wound. 

I can hardly wait to call about my elderly mother's account... that's a whole different kettle of fish.  >: (

So sorry to hear your tale of woe, eightysix.....rest assured there are many of us out here.  Many moons ago I too tried to have my problems addressed by calling ATT for HELP (!) something they cannot possibly provide.  After dealing with call centers in the Phillipines & other places without fluent English speakers or people who will not stray from their phone scripts, I have also come to the conclusion that ATT does not give a CRAP about their customers.  I now see they no longer provide customer service by human beings on the weekend.... nice touch people, keep those improvements coming.

Several years ago, I was auto sent ( due to circumstances at the time) a new modem from ATT for my dsl, which I had not requested & reported to them that I had never received. I called because a rather large charge had suddenly appeared on my bill & wanted to know what it was for.  This was after I had moved & been living at my new address (where they themselves sent a tech for a dsl connection!) for over a year.  Come to find out, the sales department never verified my address was correct before mailing the device to an apartment complex where I no longer lived.  Then, I was told, because 'it had been so long' since the actual event had occured, they could not refund the amount to my account & be done with it; what they would have to do instead was credit a lump sump to the account to offset the monthly charges that I would incur for THE NEXT 10 MOINTHS to pay for said modem I had not received, through no fault of my own. 

Fast forward to today, when I received my ATT bill for the month.  It has a 65$ credit with no explanation included.  And of course, now ATT has removed the ability to check your billing history from the web site too.  Once again, nice touch....keep those improvements coming folks.

So, since today is a weekend day, I will have to wait until tomorrow to contact a human being & sit on hold for NO LESS than 20 minutes EACH & EVERY time I have to speak with someone for "help" at whatever part of the world they send me to.  Does this company HONESTLY think that ANYONE with a choice would choose THEM?  Saying 'thank you for calling ATT' each time is like putting salt in the wound. 

I can hardly wait to call about my elderly mother's account... that's a whole different kettle of fish.  >: (

Re: Big Problems with at&t

2 of 3 (704 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2012 1:00:21 AM
(0)
Expert

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

EightySix wrote:

HISTORY - - - - 

PRESENT DAY - - - - 

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

EightySix wrote:

HISTORY - - - - 

PRESENT DAY - - - - 

Re: Big Problems with at&t

3 of 3 (643 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments