Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Feb 27, 2012
7:13:59 AM
View profile
Auto complete feature

Auto complete feature for addresses in email does not work. ATT support doesn't know why.

Auto complete feature for addresses in email does not work. ATT support doesn't know why.

Auto complete feature

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 1:50:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem.  My contacts are there but cant find them when composing an email

I have the same problem.  My contacts are there but cant find them when composing an email

Re: Auto complete feature

2 of 8 (466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 10:54:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same problem. Any solutions?

Same problem. Any solutions?

3 of 8 (338 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 7:36:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

I often have problems with my contacts in yahoo.com account. My contacts will not display. It goes into "loading" but does not display them. It also does not autofill from the "TO" or CC or BCC fields. It says to contact customer support if it continues. It is intermitant. I can send e-mail only if I know the contact address or am replying to someone. How do I fix this? I use multiple computers to access my account. Is that the problem?

I often have problems with my contacts in yahoo.com account. My contacts will not display. It goes into "loading" but does not display them. It also does not autofill from the "TO" or CC or BCC fields. It says to contact customer support if it continues. It is intermitant. I can send e-mail only if I know the contact address or am replying to someone. How do I fix this? I use multiple computers to access my account. Is that the problem?

4 of 8 (335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2012 9:25:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

Auto complete on my email is now off.  Has anyone got a response from att in the last month regarding this issue? I was unable to find even a real customer suport link on their web site.  If there is one can someone direct me? Thanks

Auto complete on my email is now off.  Has anyone got a response from att in the last month regarding this issue? I was unable to find even a real customer suport link on their web site.  If there is one can someone direct me? Thanks

5 of 8 (330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2012 10:13:35 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on Apr 25, 2012 at 10:26:29 AM

Add another to the broken auto-complete funtion. In my case it's intermittent, but it appears to be getting worse.

Add another to the broken auto-complete funtion. In my case it's intermittent, but it appears to be getting worse.

[ Edited ]
6 of 8 (321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2012 9:06:39 PM
(0)
Contributor

It does work off an on... unpredictable... as an IT of 35 years Vet... and SAP Integration Consultant ..I thought that I could figure out its error pattern... but I could not...  Everyone' statements in this blog are 100% acurate... We just need to get out of ATT and jump to Verizon, Gmail, etc...

It does work off an on... unpredictable... as an IT of 35 years Vet... and SAP Integration Consultant ..I thought that I could figure out its error pattern... but I could not...  Everyone' statements in this blog are 100% acurate... We just need to get out of ATT and jump to Verizon, Gmail, etc...

7 of 8 (250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2012 2:12:31 PM
(0)
Scholar

I think I discovered something related to this problem.  When I have the problem, I notice my profile photo isn't displayed in the upper left corner of the web mail screen.  I then click on "Profile" which is located under "Hi, David" (in my case), enter my password when prompted and I'm at the Profile screen.  I then go back to web mail and Refresh (F5) and my photo then appears.  After that my contacts (along with auto-complete) start working.

So it seems, to me, that if your profile isn't "connected" to web mail, contacts will not work.  This is an intermittent problem for me and I think I now have a fix for it.  Maybe this will work for you too.

I think I discovered something related to this problem.  When I have the problem, I notice my profile photo isn't displayed in the upper left corner of the web mail screen.  I then click on "Profile" which is located under "Hi, David" (in my case), enter my password when prompted and I'm at the Profile screen.  I then go back to web mail and Refresh (F5) and my photo then appears.  After that my contacts (along with auto-complete) start working.

So it seems, to me, that if your profile isn't "connected" to web mail, contacts will not work.  This is an intermittent problem for me and I think I now have a fix for it.  Maybe this will work for you too.

8 of 8 (220 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments