Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 16, 2011
4:31:07 PM
View profile
Att. Net Acct. Hacked! What's going on?

I had this happen about 6 mos ago also.

I use Google Chrome and have an att.net email address.

I will receive an email from someone on my contact list (my mother in this case) and I will open it and there will only be a link there.

When I click on it I am taken to a Canadian Pharmacy.

What should I do?

How could someone have gotten my password?  Last time this happened I did not follow up on it, but I recall at the time suddenly a group of my emails were erased from my list....just poof...gone.

Thanks for reading this~

Allisa4757

I had this happen about 6 mos ago also.

I use Google Chrome and have an att.net email address.

I will receive an email from someone on my contact list (my mother in this case) and I will open it and there will only be a link there.

When I click on it I am taken to a Canadian Pharmacy.

What should I do?

How could someone have gotten my password?  Last time this happened I did not follow up on it, but I recall at the time suddenly a group of my emails were erased from my list....just poof...gone.

Thanks for reading this~

Allisa4757

Att. Net Acct. Hacked! What's going on?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 8:32:36 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hi allisa4757,

I'm sorry to hear about the email account trouble.  I'm one of the Community Managers following-up on your post.  AT&T offers several tools and tips.  The following solutions should help...

(Please select DSL as your service to view solutions if asked)

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409170

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409746

If we can help further, please shoot me a Private Message.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hi allisa4757,

I'm sorry to hear about the email account trouble.  I'm one of the Community Managers following-up on your post.  AT&T offers several tools and tips.  The following solutions should help...

(Please select DSL as your service to view solutions if asked)

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409170

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409746

If we can help further, please shoot me a Private Message.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Att. Net Acct. Hacked! What's going on?

2 of 3 (1,041 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 4:32:39 AM
(0)
Master

First of all, someone does not need your password to send you email. As well, if you receive an email from "someone on your contact list" that is spam (or worse), you are probably getting it because you are on their contact list and they have a virus or other malware on their computer. I would call mom and ask her if she sent the email. If not, have her contact other people she has in her email address book to see if they received the same or similar email. If they did, it's a good indication that mom's computer is infected with a virus or other malware.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them.

Bertrand Russell

First of all, someone does not need your password to send you email. As well, if you receive an email from "someone on your contact list" that is spam (or worse), you are probably getting it because you are on their contact list and they have a virus or other malware on their computer. I would call mom and ask her if she sent the email. If not, have her contact other people she has in her email address book to see if they received the same or similar email. If they did, it's a good indication that mom's computer is infected with a virus or other malware.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them.

Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Att. Net Acct. Hacked! What's going on?

3 of 3 (1,032 Views)