Ask a question

Posted Sep 21, 2011
6:10:26 PM
Att Email Support

I just got off the phone, speaking with some so called tech support with att .

I have been using Outlook with Comcast for about 10 years no problems.

I must say I was very suprised when the att tech guy said to speak with someone about why  Outlook keeps asking for password, when I try to send and receive mail through Att mail, eventhough I have been using Outlook for a couple days now with the att account.  He told me it will be FEE BASED SUPPORT,  THIS SUCKS!

I can I can login to this stupid yahoo crap using same passwords

Now I see why I was with Comcast, guess I'll have to go back, good thing I didn't drop the service yet!

Att Email Support

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 2:32:36 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hi reubenhyman,

Thank you for posting and sorry to hear about the Outlook email trouble.  Can you tell us a little more about your configuration?  Which OS and version of Outlook are you using?  The following solutions provide additional information that might help..

(May need to specify DSL and Outlook as your service/client to view)

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB408140 (Common Email Error Codes)

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568 (Oulook Settings)

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Att Email Support

2 of 4 (2,841 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 7:30:54 AM
(0)
Contributor
Hello ALL,

I had this problem before also, the issue is the windows update on outlook 2007, this then creates an issue with AT&T .net email.

I went back and restored my PC to a previous date prior to the "outlook 2007 update" and the problem has gone away.

As usual Microsoft puts updates out there that have not been fully tested.

Another reason I have my PC set to alert about updates, but DO NOT auto install - from now on I am waiting a year on all Microsoft updates before installing them!

3 of 4 (2,692 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2011 1:55:23 PM
(0)
Mentor

Try this - it worked for me.

I fixed my Outlook 2007 by changing the Inbound and Outbound to the standard Yahoo settings:

• Incoming Mail Server pop.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Mail Server smtp.mail.yahoo.com

I changed this ten days ago, and have not been asked for Username/Pswd since.

4 of 4 (2,615 Views)