As a former AT&T employee of 15 years... This is not the company that I worked for

Contributor

As a former AT&T employee of 15 years... This is not the company that I worked for

I asked for an email to make a complaint and they gave me the forum

DSL connectivity issue... 2wire gateway keeps losing connection to the internet... DSL and Internet lights flash red for a few minutes and then is okay for a few minutes... may be okay for awhile and then starts all over again. I have powered off the 2wire gateway, rebooted through software and reset with the button on the back... still happens. Today I started with on line chat tech support who referred me to 877-722-3755 and after a lot of testing I was told that I would have to be escalated up and that I should wait for a call back from them within the hour and to press "0" when I answered. I did and when I spoke to that person they could not locate my account number which I had given to the previous rep and had worked just fine. They told me to hold... I couldn't believe that I was one again transferred back to 877-722-3755. When the rep answered I explained EVERYTHING again, but even so I could tell that she was still going by her "scritpt" and going once again through the "testing" steps that I had already told her had found nothing wrong. She checked with the other tech center that I mentioned and stated that there was a ticket open and they were doing more testing, but since that department was closing I wouldn't get a call back until tomorrow. 

I worked for the AT&T parent company for 13 years in Consumer Communications Services, three of that doing customer service/methods & procedures Q&A in a mega-center... I know what quality is... and this is not it. The first time I tried to call 877-722-3755 I went through all the prompts and then got transferred to a busy signal... the I get transferred to escalated tech support who the cold transfers me right back to 877-722-3755 and one again I am going through the prompts.

Just recently it took me 15 days to get a replacement on my AT&T cell phone which was still under warranty... first they sent me a replacement battery which they sent out without a street name so I never got it and when I finally did it was not the issue in the first place.... Finally 15 days later I get the replacement cell.

Things have definitely changed and not for the better since this:

http://www.quality.nist.gov/ATT_CCS.htm

Message 1 of 3
Community Manager

Re: As a former AT&T employee of 15 years... This is not the company that I worked for

Hi mguerrero08,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.  I'm sorry to hear about the recent trouble.  I would like to help.  Since this is account specific, please look for a Private Message (blue envelope, top-right) with additional information.

Regards,

Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: As a former AT&T employee of 15 years... This is not the company that I worked for

I am having this same problem. I am paying for 6mb but have never gotten over 1mb on the speed test. I have called a few times and spent at least an hour on the phone each time but nothing has improved. A tech came out last week to "fix" the problem but nothing changed. I feel 4 different confirmation of orders with 3 different phone numbers and two modem installation kits sitting in front of me might be the culprit but nope. I am extremely unsatisfied and my blood boils when I can't watch a 1 minute youtube video without it buffering 7 times. If I was being billed for my .6-.8mb speeds that would be one thing but I am only receiving 10-12% of what I pay for.  Maybe paying 10-12% of my bill(or the three that I will potentially get) would be fitting.

Tags (1)
  • Tags:
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support