Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 19, 2012
12:12:34 PM
View profile
Advice/Help please - What type of router to buy?

I have my home desktop pc connected to ATT DSL through a motorla modem. I would like to buy a router to connect the desktop, android phone and xbox to this internet connection & be able to stream Netflix in the future.  What do I need to look for in a router?

I have my home desktop pc connected to ATT DSL through a motorla modem. I would like to buy a router to connect the desktop, android phone and xbox to this internet connection & be able to stream Netflix in the future.  What do I need to look for in a router?

Advice/Help please - What type of router to buy?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2012 9:00:15 PM
(0)
Master

sylquejr wrote:

This is the one I use http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127215

Got plenty of features and good wireless and you can swap the stock antennas out for 5dbi if you need a little stronger signal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

sylquejr wrote:

This is the one I use http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127215

Got plenty of features and good wireless and you can swap the stock antennas out for 5dbi if you need a little stronger signal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Advice/Help please - What type of router to buy?

2 of 2 (304 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments