Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Nov 9, 2011
10:29:56 AM
View profile
ATT Yahoo Pop Servers...

For over 3 weeks, when I try to get POP mail from my ATT Yahoo accounts, I get FREQUENT errors and password requests, approximately 25% of the time, it will fail...  If I resend, most of the time it will work OK but, on occasion, it takes 3 or 4 tries to get mail...  As a computer consultant, I figured server overload because it was mostly me and did the exact same thing on all three of my PC's and Phone...  Now I am getting calls from my customers complaining about the exact same thing...  I feel that there must be an authentication issue that is causing a problem and it's getting very annoying..!

For over 3 weeks, when I try to get POP mail from my ATT Yahoo accounts, I get FREQUENT errors and password requests, approximately 25% of the time, it will fail...  If I resend, most of the time it will work OK but, on occasion, it takes 3 or 4 tries to get mail...  As a computer consultant, I figured server overload because it was mostly me and did the exact same thing on all three of my PC's and Phone...  Now I am getting calls from my customers complaining about the exact same thing...  I feel that there must be an authentication issue that is causing a problem and it's getting very annoying..!

ATT Yahoo Pop Servers...

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 12:16:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

Extremely frustrating and it's impossible to talk to a real person.  I suggest that AT&T do a Google search on "Internal Server Error 6532" and see how many hits they get.  Yes, it's a major problem and it's AT&T's problem, nothing to do with client set-up.  FIX THE PROBLEM AT&T!

Extremely frustrating and it's impossible to talk to a real person.  I suggest that AT&T do a Google search on "Internal Server Error 6532" and see how many hits they get.  Yes, it's a major problem and it's AT&T's problem, nothing to do with client set-up.  FIX THE PROBLEM AT&T!

Re: ATT Yahoo Pop Servers...

2 of 3 (3,948 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2011 1:50:33 PM
(0)
Mentor

Try this - it worked for me.

I fixed my Outlook 2007 by changing the Inbound and Outbound to the standard Yahoo settings:

• Incoming Mail Server pop.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Mail Server smtp.mail.yahoo.com

I changed this ten days ago, and have not been asked for Username/Pswd since.

Try this - it worked for me.

I fixed my Outlook 2007 by changing the Inbound and Outbound to the standard Yahoo settings:

• Incoming Mail Server pop.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Mail Server smtp.mail.yahoo.com

I changed this ten days ago, and have not been asked for Username/Pswd since.

Re: ATT Yahoo Pop Servers...

3 of 3 (3,879 Views)