Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Dec 26, 2009
11:32:45 AM
ATT Worldnet Services
Does anyone know about the elimination of the DSL Worldnet Services from ATT? I received an email stating they will cease offering this service and I will be eligible for comparable ATT services for my internet. I am trying to find out what comparable services ATT provides. It's impossible to reach anyone from ATT on the phone who knows anything about this. I tried for hours and kept getting bounced around until I finally gave up. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Does anyone know about the elimination of the DSL Worldnet Services from ATT? I received an email stating they will cease offering this service and I will be eligible for comparable ATT services for my internet. I am trying to find out what comparable services ATT provides. It's impossible to reach anyone from ATT on the phone who knows anything about this. I tried for hours and kept getting bounced around until I finally gave up. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

ATT Worldnet Services

172 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(172)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2010 9:34:18 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello asc,

I can only imagine how frustrated you must be with us at this point, I appreciate the admirable restraint you exercised in your message. My sincere apologies for the time you have spent dealing with this issue.

If you are using AT&T WorldNet email account and if you have received an email from AT&T to migrate your AT&T email account, than you need to migrate your AT&T email account, as guided in the email for the migration.

You may also use the link mentioned below to migrate the services to AT&T Dial to retain your Worldnet accounts:

http://help.att.net/att795.html.

In case of any doubt, please contact Worldnet Customer Care at 800-400-1447

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello asc,

I can only imagine how frustrated you must be with us at this point, I appreciate the admirable restraint you exercised in your message. My sincere apologies for the time you have spent dealing with this issue.

If you are using AT&T WorldNet email account and if you have received an email from AT&T to migrate your AT&T email account, than you need to migrate your AT&T email account, as guided in the email for the migration.

You may also use the link mentioned below to migrate the services to AT&T Dial to retain your Worldnet accounts:

http://help.att.net/att795.html.

In case of any doubt, please contact Worldnet Customer Care at 800-400-1447

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: ATT Worldnet Services

151 of 173 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2010 5:04:15 PM
(0)
Tutor
I'm an AT&T DSL customer who wants to switch to Covad AND keep my xxx@att.net address. 1) I just want to be POSITIVE that one must switch to Covad BEFORE transferring the email--what I've read thruout these posts seems to indicate the opposite in some places. Hoping to see a reply from someone who successfully did it. 2) Once the email is transferred how do I get the POP info so I can Outlook Express? (I assume it will be different)
I'm an AT&T DSL customer who wants to switch to Covad AND keep my xxx@att.net address. 1) I just want to be POSITIVE that one must switch to Covad BEFORE transferring the email--what I've read thruout these posts seems to indicate the opposite in some places. Hoping to see a reply from someone who successfully did it. 2) Once the email is transferred how do I get the POP info so I can Outlook Express? (I assume it will be different)

Re: ATT Worldnet Services: Switch to Covad first or transition email first?

152 of 173 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2010 1:52:33 PM
(0)
Tutor
After reading all the above posts, I just want to see if I've somehow managed to get this all straight. I've been a xxx@att.net user for a long time, switched to AT&T DSL a few years ago. Now I get "AT&T powered by Yahoo", but have kept the original AT&T home page and webmail. If I read correctly, the new directive for changing to the dial-up has actually nothing to do with how you connect to the net, but simply to keep your att.net email. It sounds like i qualify for Zero Dollar E mail since I'm on your DSL, but if so, how do I transfer my information? I'm in Il so I'm not part of the Covad bunch. True, this has been an absolute mess, with even less customer service, but I want to keep the email I have now so there is no choice but to work with it. That you have given us less than 2 months to decide what to do is terrible.That you can't actually speak to someone who knows what they are talking about in a language you can understand after waiting on hold for over an hour is really just great. You can skip the canned apology, just tell me if I have guessed right and who to try and call. Thanks.
After reading all the above posts, I just want to see if I've somehow managed to get this all straight. I've been a xxx@att.net user for a long time, switched to AT&T DSL a few years ago. Now I get "AT&T powered by Yahoo", but have kept the original AT&T home page and webmail. If I read correctly, the new directive for changing to the dial-up has actually nothing to do with how you connect to the net, but simply to keep your att.net email. It sounds like i qualify for Zero Dollar E mail since I'm on your DSL, but if so, how do I transfer my information? I'm in Il so I'm not part of the Covad bunch. True, this has been an absolute mess, with even less customer service, but I want to keep the email I have now so there is no choice but to work with it. That you have given us less than 2 months to decide what to do is terrible.That you can't actually speak to someone who knows what they are talking about in a language you can understand after waiting on hold for over an hour is really just great. You can skip the canned apology, just tell me if I have guessed right and who to try and call. Thanks.

Re: ATT Worldnet Services: Just trying to get it all straight

153 of 173 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2010 6:39:02 AM
(0)
Tutor
I appear to have successfully migrated my DSL to Covad and my att.net email to at&t Powered by Yahoo. I tried to handle this for a friend as well, but the one piece of the puzzle that's very unclear is how/where I change her at&t-assigned username and password (for the dsl service, not for email). The at&t Covad instructions indicated that this must be change either on the router (which is where I changed mine) or on the "PC or DSL equipment." She connects via the Broadxent 8012 modum: she has no router. I have no idea where in XP her at&t username/password appear. Can anyone please advise? My friend cannot connect at this point, although she received the confirmation email from Covad that her account is active. dg
I appear to have successfully migrated my DSL to Covad and my att.net email to at&t Powered by Yahoo. I tried to handle this for a friend as well, but the one piece of the puzzle that's very unclear is how/where I change her at&t-assigned username and password (for the dsl service, not for email). The at&t Covad instructions indicated that this must be change either on the router (which is where I changed mine) or on the "PC or DSL equipment." She connects via the Broadxent 8012 modum: she has no router. I have no idea where in XP her at&t username/password appear. Can anyone please advise? My friend cannot connect at this point, although she received the confirmation email from Covad that her account is active. dg

Re: ATT Worldnet Services: How do I change ISP username and password (no router) in Windows XP Home?

154 of 173 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2010 9:27:28 AM
(0)
Teacher
Hello,

Find the instructions for your modem, it will help you with the change.

This is similar to how you change the login on a router, but in this case you have a modem. Open internet explorer, delete what ever is in the URL box and enter 192.168.1.1 This should connect you to the modem directly. The modem will ask for a user/password, check your instructions for what to enter, such as user: admin, password: admin.

Hope this helps. Rich.
Hello,

Find the instructions for your modem, it will help you with the change.

This is similar to how you change the login on a router, but in this case you have a modem. Open internet explorer, delete what ever is in the URL box and enter 192.168.1.1 This should connect you to the modem directly. The modem will ask for a user/password, check your instructions for what to enter, such as user: admin, password: admin.

Hope this helps. Rich.

Re: ATT Worldnet Services: How do I change ISP username and password (no router) in Windows XP Home?

155 of 173 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2010 9:11:52 AM
(0)
Tutor
I am sorry to say the information from Penny at the DSL Technical Team Experts is not helpful at all. When you call the number noted below, you are told to call another number. For the past three weeks, I have been trying to reach someone at AT&T to help me with migration to another service provider. Apparently, there is a block on my account, which will not let another provider order DSL service from me to them. Only AT&T can unblock the account. I have been trying over the past two weeks to reach someone at AT&T and have been re-routed to several wrong numbers. Finally, one person told me I must talk to "billing." The message tells me the waiting time to talk to a rep is 60 minutes. This is the fourth time I am trying to call, and I have now been on hold for almost two hours. If anyone from the The AT&T DSL Technical Experts Team is monitoring this board, I would appreciate help before my account runs out, and I am left without Internet service.
I am sorry to say the information from Penny at the DSL Technical Team Experts is not helpful at all. When you call the number noted below, you are told to call another number. For the past three weeks, I have been trying to reach someone at AT&T to help me with migration to another service provider. Apparently, there is a block on my account, which will not let another provider order DSL service from me to them. Only AT&T can unblock the account. I have been trying over the past two weeks to reach someone at AT&T and have been re-routed to several wrong numbers. Finally, one person told me I must talk to "billing." The message tells me the waiting time to talk to a rep is 60 minutes. This is the fourth time I am trying to call, and I have now been on hold for almost two hours. If anyone from the The AT&T DSL Technical Experts Team is monitoring this board, I would appreciate help before my account runs out, and I am left without Internet service.

156 of 173 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2010 9:29:08 AM
(0)
Tutor
I have now been on the phone for exactly two hours, and no one is picking up to take this call.
I have now been on the phone for exactly two hours, and no one is picking up to take this call.

157 of 173 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2010 4:53:52 PM
(0)
Mentor
I am a long time worldnet customer but over the years I have moved to get my access via non-AT&T providers. Can you confirm to me that I can migrate my current worldnet account, including 3 email addresses, to the free att/yahoo service and retain my email addresses. I was told this would be the case via phone several months ago before the migration and the monthly fee went to $0 but have only found this thread to confirm it. Aside from dial access, which I do not need, I really do not understand what I get by paying 7.95 per month versus using the free yahoo service. I have to retain my email addresss and it looks like I could migrate them and changing the POP and SMTP links I use in Outlook. Can you help me understand this. Thanks
I am a long time worldnet customer but over the years I have moved to get my access via non-AT&T providers. Can you confirm to me that I can migrate my current worldnet account, including 3 email addresses, to the free att/yahoo service and retain my email addresses. I was told this would be the case via phone several months ago before the migration and the monthly fee went to $0 but have only found this thread to confirm it. Aside from dial access, which I do not need, I really do not understand what I get by paying 7.95 per month versus using the free yahoo service. I have to retain my email addresss and it looks like I could migrate them and changing the POP and SMTP links I use in Outlook. Can you help me understand this. Thanks

158 of 173 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 7:44:24 AM
(0)
Guru

i believe you are paying $7.95 per month for the dial up service to keep your worldnet email IDs active. i suggest you migrate your worldnet accounts to the free AT&T email ID and just cancel the Dial Up service once successfully migrated.

you can go to http://att.net/attpby website to do the open portal migration.

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

i believe you are paying $7.95 per month for the dial up service to keep your worldnet email IDs active. i suggest you migrate your worldnet accounts to the free AT&T email ID and just cancel the Dial Up service once successfully migrated.

you can go to http://att.net/attpby website to do the open portal migration.

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

159 of 173 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 12:38:09 PM
(0)
Tutor
I spent two hours on the phone again last night waiting for someone on the AT&T side to pick up the call, and it never happened. If anyone has any suggestions, I certainly would appreciate hearing.
I spent two hours on the phone again last night waiting for someone on the AT&T side to pick up the call, and it never happened. If anyone has any suggestions, I certainly would appreciate hearing.

160 of 173 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 1:04:06 PM
(0)
Guru

your currently a worldnet customer and will be transferring to another non-AT&T internet service provider? why transfer to a different ISP? is AT&T Dial Up, DSL, U-Verse, etc. unable in your area?

your currently a worldnet customer and will be transferring to another non-AT&T internet service provider? why transfer to a different ISP? is AT&T Dial Up, DSL, U-Verse, etc. unable in your area?

161 of 173 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2010 7:56:13 PM
(0)
Tutor
I hope you've gotten the problem solved by now, but if I understand you correctly, you don't want to go to Covad. The only way you can make a seamless transition is to switch to Covad, then migrate your att.net email address. If you want to switch to another ISP, then AT&T has to shut you off, you'll be without internet and very well may lose your email address, and then you can sign up with another ISP. Stinks, but I think that's the way it is. I switched to Covad and it's been fine. I upgraded to 3.0mbps and had some trouble getting that started, but finally got a good tech support guy and that's working now. Good luck!
I hope you've gotten the problem solved by now, but if I understand you correctly, you don't want to go to Covad. The only way you can make a seamless transition is to switch to Covad, then migrate your att.net email address. If you want to switch to another ISP, then AT&T has to shut you off, you'll be without internet and very well may lose your email address, and then you can sign up with another ISP. Stinks, but I think that's the way it is. I switched to Covad and it's been fine. I upgraded to 3.0mbps and had some trouble getting that started, but finally got a good tech support guy and that's working now. Good luck!

162 of 173 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2010 7:23:04 AM
(0)
Mentor
I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!! I have transferred my account weeks ago - NO WHERE did it say anything about manually transferring all my emails. - Everyhting i have read is that when you transferr your account, your emails will go at the time of transfer!!!!! I am going to do some searching and leave ATT - this is ridulusous! - I just so happened to stumble onto this thread and read that I had to transfer my email- ATT is a joke!!! I think I am going to look for a new isp and it will not be yahoo!! I have been with ATT for 15 years and in no way is this making me happy - I dont think ATT really cares tho!!
I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!! I have transferred my account weeks ago - NO WHERE did it say anything about manually transferring all my emails. - Everyhting i have read is that when you transferr your account, your emails will go at the time of transfer!!!!! I am going to do some searching and leave ATT - this is ridulusous! - I just so happened to stumble onto this thread and read that I had to transfer my email- ATT is a joke!!! I think I am going to look for a new isp and it will not be yahoo!! I have been with ATT for 15 years and in no way is this making me happy - I dont think ATT really cares tho!!

163 of 173 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2010 9:35:34 AM
(0)
Tutor
As I've been told, AT&T is going to quit hosting PWP webpages. Your only option with AT&T is to pay an extra $11-$12 per month (that's on top of your DSL/dialup monthly charge) for webhosting. For me, no PWP equals no service. There are other ISPs out there that offer PWPs as part of their basic package. I'll be going to Cincinnati Bell's Fuse Dial-up.
As I've been told, AT&T is going to quit hosting PWP webpages. Your only option with AT&T is to pay an extra $11-$12 per month (that's on top of your DSL/dialup monthly charge) for webhosting. For me, no PWP equals no service. There are other ISPs out there that offer PWPs as part of their basic package. I'll be going to Cincinnati Bell's Fuse Dial-up.

164 of 173 (928 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2010 7:34:05 AM
(0)
Contributor
Is it possible to have ATT set a 301 redirect on the page they took from me?

165 of 173 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2010 11:17:09 AM
(0)
Tutor
the only thing that will be available in my area is AT&T dial up, which is not acceptable service at 56kbps. The other option is to swith to Covad at 1MBS, which is very slow compared to what other providers offer. Covan also requires a one year service contract. As of this writing, I have yet to get a human person on the line from AT&T after more than six hours of waiting time from the past month. My service was to run out by March 31st, according to AT&T. My DSL access is now off, however, apparently, AT&T has to do something with the software to clear the lines. This they have not yet done, so my new ISP is unable to install DSL.
the only thing that will be available in my area is AT&T dial up, which is not acceptable service at 56kbps. The other option is to swith to Covad at 1MBS, which is very slow compared to what other providers offer. Covan also requires a one year service contract. As of this writing, I have yet to get a human person on the line from AT&T after more than six hours of waiting time from the past month. My service was to run out by March 31st, according to AT&T. My DSL access is now off, however, apparently, AT&T has to do something with the software to clear the lines. This they have not yet done, so my new ISP is unable to install DSL.

166 of 173 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2010 11:21:14 AM
(0)
Tutor
Yes, you understand correctly. I don't want to go to Covad because their offering is too slow and requires a one-year agreement. AT&T has now shut off the DSL, but have not cleared the lines, so I still cannot get connected by another provider. I have now been without service for a whole week, and I still cannot get a live person on the phone from AT&T. Even sending email has not helped. This issue only seems to occur if you have AT&T service in my area. With other providers, Verizon is able to take the order and go in and clear the service since AT&T DSL actually runs over the Verizon telephone lines.
Yes, you understand correctly. I don't want to go to Covad because their offering is too slow and requires a one-year agreement. AT&T has now shut off the DSL, but have not cleared the lines, so I still cannot get connected by another provider. I have now been without service for a whole week, and I still cannot get a live person on the phone from AT&T. Even sending email has not helped. This issue only seems to occur if you have AT&T service in my area. With other providers, Verizon is able to take the order and go in and clear the service since AT&T DSL actually runs over the Verizon telephone lines.

167 of 173 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2010 7:51:15 AM
(0)
Contributor
Having a big problem since end March. Any time I try to open an internet browser (Firefox of Explorer) I am immediately redirected to a Covad page and can not access any other internet pages. When I click through the Covad prompts, the links are also immediately redirected. HELP! I can't do anything until whatever redirect programs that ATT/Covad installed are removed. Can you please offer instructions about how to remove them? Resetting the browser defaults does not work.
Having a big problem since end March. Any time I try to open an internet browser (Firefox of Explorer) I am immediately redirected to a Covad page and can not access any other internet pages. When I click through the Covad prompts, the links are also immediately redirected. HELP! I can't do anything until whatever redirect programs that ATT/Covad installed are removed. Can you please offer instructions about how to remove them? Resetting the browser defaults does not work.

168 of 173 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2010 8:44:49 PM
(0)
Employee
Hello havingtrouble, Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced. On two different web browsers, if all the web pages are getting redirected to a perticular AT&T Covad web site, it is recommended that you contact AT&T Covad tech support. For assistance with the AT&T Covad tech support, please call at 877-937-5288, they are open 24/7.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Hello havingtrouble, Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced. On two different web browsers, if all the web pages are getting redirected to a perticular AT&T Covad web site, it is recommended that you contact AT&T Covad tech support. For assistance with the AT&T Covad tech support, please call at 877-937-5288, they are open 24/7.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

169 of 173 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2010 1:55:58 AM
(0)
Tutor
dynacube wrote:

Good luck on getting an answer to that. As you can see from the discussion at http://www.att.com/t5/Internet/Good-Bye-AT-amp-T-no-PWP-no-service/td-p/4999 , I've been trying to get an answer to that for over a week. From my understanding, it would take a single line in the .htaccess file to redirect traffic from my old Worldnet site of http://home.att.net/~rdavis2 to my new site. All that I could get was the number for AT&T WorldNet Customer Care (800-400-1447) and I have been unable to get through to anyone there. They took my site down a couple of days ago. However, I have not lost much search engine traffic, possibly due to the meta refreshes that I put on my files before the site went down. I would still be willing to pay for a temporary 301 redirect but I'm not going to knock myself out trying to get an answer from AT&T. If you should hear something, however, please post the information here and I'll do the same. Thanks.
dynacube wrote:

Good luck on getting an answer to that. As you can see from the discussion at http://www.att.com/t5/Internet/Good-Bye-AT-amp-T-no-PWP-no-service/td-p/4999 , I've been trying to get an answer to that for over a week. From my understanding, it would take a single line in the .htaccess file to redirect traffic from my old Worldnet site of http://home.att.net/~rdavis2 to my new site. All that I could get was the number for AT&T WorldNet Customer Care (800-400-1447) and I have been unable to get through to anyone there. They took my site down a couple of days ago. However, I have not lost much search engine traffic, possibly due to the meta refreshes that I put on my files before the site went down. I would still be willing to pay for a temporary 301 redirect but I'm not going to knock myself out trying to get an answer from AT&T. If you should hear something, however, please post the information here and I'll do the same. Thanks.

170 of 173 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2010 7:43:53 AM
(0)
Teacher

The madness continues!

Today I get an e-mail from ATT/Covad letting me know that "MY REQUEST" to cancel my DSL service will end my service as of midnight 4/24 ... unless I contact them to continue my service.

Really ????

I was dropped by ATT DSL almost two months ago at the beginning of the e-mail porting fiasco. Lost my webpages and DSL within 12 hours of porting my e-mail address to the ATT Yahoo branded freemail. No notice ... and not even a record that I had been a customer when I called the 800#

NOW ... Covad's letting my know that I canceled my service and can reinstate if I over-ride my cancellation by contacting ATT DSL services or the 800 Customer Service #.

Unbelieveable!

I think I'll call the 800 # ... and hear yet again "I'm sorry sir, you're not an ATT DSL Customer."

At least they have that part right.

Since I posted last I've disconnected from ATT land lines, an ATT branded credit card, and of course, any ATT branded internet service. Also, all ATT branded telephone products have been removed from my home and replaced with non-ATT brands.

Life without ATT has faster ISP speeds, less overall cost, telephone service that's equally as good ... and ... satisfactory customer service.

The madness continues!

Today I get an e-mail from ATT/Covad letting me know that "MY REQUEST" to cancel my DSL service will end my service as of midnight 4/24 ... unless I contact them to continue my service.

Really ????

I was dropped by ATT DSL almost two months ago at the beginning of the e-mail porting fiasco. Lost my webpages and DSL within 12 hours of porting my e-mail address to the ATT Yahoo branded freemail. No notice ... and not even a record that I had been a customer when I called the 800#

NOW ... Covad's letting my know that I canceled my service and can reinstate if I over-ride my cancellation by contacting ATT DSL services or the 800 Customer Service #.

Unbelieveable!

I think I'll call the 800 # ... and hear yet again "I'm sorry sir, you're not an ATT DSL Customer."

At least they have that part right.

Since I posted last I've disconnected from ATT land lines, an ATT branded credit card, and of course, any ATT branded internet service. Also, all ATT branded telephone products have been removed from my home and replaced with non-ATT brands.

Life without ATT has faster ISP speeds, less overall cost, telephone service that's equally as good ... and ... satisfactory customer service.

171 of 173 (900 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2010 2:39:58 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello ,

Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

In order to get update about the later that you received from AT&T Covad, it is recommended that you contact AT&T Covad order department at 888-389-1217, they work from Monday to Friday between 8am-10pm ET and Saturday  8am-7pm ET.

I regret all the uncertainty you have experienced.

Hello ,

Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

In order to get update about the later that you received from AT&T Covad, it is recommended that you contact AT&T Covad order department at 888-389-1217, they work from Monday to Friday between 8am-10pm ET and Saturday  8am-7pm ET.

I regret all the uncertainty you have experienced.

172 of 173 (900 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 10:46:42 AM
(0)
Teacher

A quick update ... since this AT&T Customer Service disaster just doesn't want to pass quitely into the night.

After the DSL debacle I decided to disconnect from AT&T completely.

AT&T branded products went into the trash and I canceled my AT&T landline/local/longdistance serivce ... that would be very early in MARCH 2010.

I thought I was done.

Here's the deal ... they can't even get a termination of service requested by the Customer handled correctly! They transfered my # to the new service provider, sure. But I've gotten billed every month through August. I have "confirmation codes" from 800/877 calls, I have promises ... and in July I started to have robotic collection calls and threats to disconnect my service if I didn't pay my bill. Three weeks ago I got a letter from a Collection unit at AT&T and it wasn't until then that I had a phone # that appears to have rung somewhere in the USA. The AT&T collection agent listened politely to my recounting of the situation and when I offered the latest of my "confirmation codes" she was quiet for a moment and then gasped.

Three poeple got on the line as I walked through the situation and the contacts (that took nearly 20 minutes). All were in agreement that I had canceled as of early March, but there was some disagreement about when the billing should have actually stopped ... unbelieveable .... I don't care when they thought it should have stopped .. I care about it having been stopped at the end of the billing period in which I disconnected.

I have a new promise ... a new phone number to call ... and I can't wait to open today's mail, which would be the regular date for receipt of the monthly bogus billings.

Here's a global company who can bill my account instantaneously for a call I make, but can't adjust their billing system in the same 6 months!

And the salt in the wound is that every call ends with the same script being read to me ..."Thank you for being an AT&T customer. My goal is to be sure you are a satisfied customer. Have I done that for your today?"

Really??????

I'm telling everyone ... in every venue I have voice ... hang up on AT&T until they figure out how to deliver Customer Serivce in a way that actually makes a customer feel welcomed, important and appreciated.

A quick update ... since this AT&T Customer Service disaster just doesn't want to pass quitely into the night.

After the DSL debacle I decided to disconnect from AT&T completely.

AT&T branded products went into the trash and I canceled my AT&T landline/local/longdistance serivce ... that would be very early in MARCH 2010.

I thought I was done.

Here's the deal ... they can't even get a termination of service requested by the Customer handled correctly! They transfered my # to the new service provider, sure. But I've gotten billed every month through August. I have "confirmation codes" from 800/877 calls, I have promises ... and in July I started to have robotic collection calls and threats to disconnect my service if I didn't pay my bill. Three weeks ago I got a letter from a Collection unit at AT&T and it wasn't until then that I had a phone # that appears to have rung somewhere in the USA. The AT&T collection agent listened politely to my recounting of the situation and when I offered the latest of my "confirmation codes" she was quiet for a moment and then gasped.

Three poeple got on the line as I walked through the situation and the contacts (that took nearly 20 minutes). All were in agreement that I had canceled as of early March, but there was some disagreement about when the billing should have actually stopped ... unbelieveable .... I don't care when they thought it should have stopped .. I care about it having been stopped at the end of the billing period in which I disconnected.

I have a new promise ... a new phone number to call ... and I can't wait to open today's mail, which would be the regular date for receipt of the monthly bogus billings.

Here's a global company who can bill my account instantaneously for a call I make, but can't adjust their billing system in the same 6 months!

And the salt in the wound is that every call ends with the same script being read to me ..."Thank you for being an AT&T customer. My goal is to be sure you are a satisfied customer. Have I done that for your today?"

Really??????

I'm telling everyone ... in every venue I have voice ... hang up on AT&T until they figure out how to deliver Customer Serivce in a way that actually makes a customer feel welcomed, important and appreciated.

173 of 173 (900 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments