Posted Dec 26, 2009
11:32:45 AM
ATT Worldnet Services
Does anyone know about the elimination of the DSL Worldnet Services from ATT? I received an email stating they will cease offering this service and I will be eligible for comparable ATT services for my internet. I am trying to find out what comparable services ATT provides. It's impossible to reach anyone from ATT on the phone who knows anything about this. I tried for hours and kept getting bounced around until I finally gave up. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
172 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(172)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2010 4:37:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hi Larry and Sloozy, Thank you both for your assistance. Everything has FINALLY worked EXACTLY the way I wanted it to. You were right Larry, the only way I was able to finally access the sub-account was to go to member services and reset the password as logging on to my.att.net kept telling me I was already upgraded yet, could not access my Yahoo e-mail. It was like I was in this "Endless Catch 22 Maze". A little word of advice to all who may read this. If all you want to do is migrate your Worldnet E-mail addresses to the new AT&T Yahoo DSL account (meaning just Contacts and Saved E-mail in Sub-folders), be sure you upgrade your Sub-Accounts(Secondary E-mail) FIRST, before upgrading your Main E-mail Account and you won't have to go through what I went through. Upgrading your Main E-mail before upgrading your Secondary E-mail LOCKS YOU OUT of your Secondary E-mail. Thank you and good luck to all!!!!
Hi Larry and Sloozy, Thank you both for your assistance. Everything has FINALLY worked EXACTLY the way I wanted it to. You were right Larry, the only way I was able to finally access the sub-account was to go to member services and reset the password as logging on to my.att.net kept telling me I was already upgraded yet, could not access my Yahoo e-mail. It was like I was in this "Endless Catch 22 Maze". A little word of advice to all who may read this. If all you want to do is migrate your Worldnet E-mail addresses to the new AT&T Yahoo DSL account (meaning just Contacts and Saved E-mail in Sub-folders), be sure you upgrade your Sub-Accounts(Secondary E-mail) FIRST, before upgrading your Main E-mail Account and you won't have to go through what I went through. Upgrading your Main E-mail before upgrading your Secondary E-mail LOCKS YOU OUT of your Secondary E-mail. Thank you and good luck to all!!!!

Re: ATT Worldnet Services

121 of 173 (160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2010 12:53:07 PM
(0)
Teacher
any thoughts or suggestions on how to obtain the password for a subaccount? I never used it as I logged in through the main account. Needless to say I have been through customer service hell trying to get help with this...echat, being on hold for an hour and then getting hung up on, etc.....
any thoughts or suggestions on how to obtain the password for a subaccount? I never used it as I logged in through the main account. Needless to say I have been through customer service hell trying to get help with this...echat, being on hold for an hour and then getting hung up on, etc.....

122 of 173 (160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2010 1:35:39 PM
(0)
Teacher
Icoyote, not sure where you are in this quagmire of confusion and procedures, but on the "Member Services" menu, you might check out the "Member Management" menu and see if you have enough info to use the "Forgot Password" function.

Sigh..... twiddling thumbs while on hold for 45 minutes plus, listening to Worldnet music. Hoping to get an answer to the questions I posted yesterday, similar to those posted by Sloozy today. Both seeming to be ignored.
Icoyote, not sure where you are in this quagmire of confusion and procedures, but on the "Member Services" menu, you might check out the "Member Management" menu and see if you have enough info to use the "Forgot Password" function.

Sigh..... twiddling thumbs while on hold for 45 minutes plus, listening to Worldnet music. Hoping to get an answer to the questions I posted yesterday, similar to those posted by Sloozy today. Both seeming to be ignored.

123 of 173 (160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2010 2:27:20 PM
(0)
Teacher
according to att I no longer exist..lovely....the echat droid told me I need to contact att worldnet by phone. have not had the energy to devote hours to that project...impossible during work hours.
according to att I no longer exist..lovely....the echat droid told me I need to contact att worldnet by phone. have not had the energy to devote hours to that project...impossible during work hours.

124 of 173 (160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2010 3:38:26 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hi icoyote, Try going to www.memberservices.att.net. That was how I fixed my problem. I too, tried going through my.att.net, member services, manage my account and they told me that I was already upgraded but couldn't get into the new acct. My situation was a little different though. I had my password and just had to reset it. Maybe there's a "forgot password" thing on the page I just gave you. Just make sure you use your sub-account ID and not your main one.
Hi icoyote, Try going to www.memberservices.att.net. That was how I fixed my problem. I too, tried going through my.att.net, member services, manage my account and they told me that I was already upgraded but couldn't get into the new acct. My situation was a little different though. I had my password and just had to reset it. Maybe there's a "forgot password" thing on the page I just gave you. Just make sure you use your sub-account ID and not your main one.

125 of 173 (160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2010 4:24:25 PM
(0)
Teacher
will try at home...can't seem to access through the work system. thx.
will try at home...can't seem to access through the work system. thx.

126 of 173 (160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2010 7:23:31 PM
(0)
Contributor
1. I currently have xxx@att.net as my e-mail address 2. I signed up for the ATT Dial service 3. I can't figure out how to migrate my e-mails, address book, etc. (the instructions are useless!) 4. Since I already use the @att.net e-mil address, do I actually have to perform the migtration or will all my e-mails be there when the change occurs? I've tried customer service, but I imagine that the change will be here before I'm actually able to get any customer service. I've had my att e-mail address for over 10 years and would hate to lose it. CAN ANYBODY HELP??? Thanks
1. I currently have xxx@att.net as my e-mail address 2. I signed up for the ATT Dial service 3. I can't figure out how to migrate my e-mails, address book, etc. (the instructions are useless!) 4. Since I already use the @att.net e-mil address, do I actually have to perform the migtration or will all my e-mails be there when the change occurs? I've tried customer service, but I imagine that the change will be here before I'm actually able to get any customer service. I've had my att e-mail address for over 10 years and would hate to lose it. CAN ANYBODY HELP??? Thanks

127 of 173 (160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2010 8:44:04 AM
(0)
AT&T Internet Expert

Hello ,

Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

The issue that you are experiencing with your AT&T sub accounts, could be due to incomplete migration from AT&T WorldNet services, the migration letter advises the customer to migrate their primary ID first, followed by each sub account separately.

Please, check the information about AT&T Worldnet Migration process, available in the link mentioned below:

http://www.att.com/t5/Email/Worldnet-Migration-Open-Portal-FAQs/td-p/4314 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello ,

Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

The issue that you are experiencing with your AT&T sub accounts, could be due to incomplete migration from AT&T WorldNet services, the migration letter advises the customer to migrate their primary ID first, followed by each sub account separately.

Please, check the information about AT&T Worldnet Migration process, available in the link mentioned below:

http://www.att.com/t5/Email/Worldnet-Migration-Open-Portal-FAQs/td-p/4314 

128 of 173 (160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2010 11:36:22 AM
(0)
Tutor
If you have typed the password incorrectly three times, you will be locked out from using the system for 24 hours
If you have typed the password incorrectly three times, you will be locked out from using the system for 24 hours

129 of 173 (160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2010 11:46:05 AM
(0)
Tutor
I live in NJ and ATT DSL is not available here either. I was able to keep my DSL and my att email id by switching to Covad. The instructions were provided in an email sent to my Worldnet email id.
I live in NJ and ATT DSL is not available here either. I was able to keep my DSL and my att email id by switching to Covad. The instructions were provided in an email sent to my Worldnet email id.

130 of 173 (160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2010 11:49:05 AM
(0)
Tutor
I used the information provided in the email that was sent to my Worldnet email id and was switched to Covad. I was able to keep my email id and sub accounts. ATT DSL nor Uverse are offered in my are either. I experienced no loss of service, either.
I used the information provided in the email that was sent to my Worldnet email id and was switched to Covad. I was able to keep my email id and sub accounts. ATT DSL nor Uverse are offered in my are either. I experienced no loss of service, either.

131 of 173 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2010 12:16:34 PM
(0)
Tutor
If you have Worldnet Dial service, you *do* have to migrate your primary email account to the new ATT Dial Service as per the instructions that were sent to your Worldnet email id. When you do this, your sub accounts and address book, etc. will move automatically. The link starts with http:/www.att.net/attxxx - this is the link that you use to migrate your primary email for ATT Dial. The exact link should be in the instructions.
If you have Worldnet Dial service, you *do* have to migrate your primary email account to the new ATT Dial Service as per the instructions that were sent to your Worldnet email id. When you do this, your sub accounts and address book, etc. will move automatically. The link starts with http:/www.att.net/attxxx - this is the link that you use to migrate your primary email for ATT Dial. The exact link should be in the instructions.

132 of 173 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2010 1:17:57 PM
(0)
AT&T Internet Expert

Hi Cholmes,

You do have a worldnet email address and after getting AT&T Dial service, you need to migrate to the AT&T Yahoo by using the migration tool. Just go to   https://attreg.att.net/PortalMigrationTool/entry.do

Follow the process and after completing the migration, you will start accessing your mail page through http://att.net

Hi Cholmes,

You do have a worldnet email address and after getting AT&T Dial service, you need to migrate to the AT&T Yahoo by using the migration tool. Just go to   https://attreg.att.net/PortalMigrationTool/entry.do

Follow the process and after completing the migration, you will start accessing your mail page through http://att.net

133 of 173 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2010 2:50:12 PM
(0)
Contributor
To Larry - ATT Expert I am soooooooooo confused. All I use ATT for is email. I pay a small fee each month. I use Verizon as my phone and DSL service. I am using the email address ending in att.net and have for some time. Do I still need to do this MIGRATING thing? Is the monthly fee the same?
To Larry - ATT Expert I am soooooooooo confused. All I use ATT for is email. I pay a small fee each month. I use Verizon as my phone and DSL service. I am using the email address ending in att.net and have for some time. Do I still need to do this MIGRATING thing? Is the monthly fee the same?

134 of 173 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 9:03:29 AM
(0)
AT&T Internet Expert
Hello debra,

In order to provide informatioin about your AT&T email account, we need to check your AT&T email account details, as you mentioned that you are using some other ISP (Verizon) for Internet services and still using AT&T email account, it is recommended that you contact the AT&T Mobility at 800-331-0500 they work from Monday to Saturday from 7am-10pm ET.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Hello debra,

In order to provide informatioin about your AT&T email account, we need to check your AT&T email account details, as you mentioned that you are using some other ISP (Verizon) for Internet services and still using AT&T email account, it is recommended that you contact the AT&T Mobility at 800-331-0500 they work from Monday to Saturday from 7am-10pm ET.

135 of 173 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 10:18:17 AM
(0)
Scholar
AT&T Mobility????? Isn't that AT&T cell phone service?
What does that have to with debra's question about her Worldnet email?

Isn't the answer YES, she does need to migrate from Worldnet to AT&T Dial and pay the same $7.95 per month to keep her email addresses that she has been paying?
AT&T Mobility????? Isn't that AT&T cell phone service?
What does that have to with debra's question about her Worldnet email?

Isn't the answer YES, she does need to migrate from Worldnet to AT&T Dial and pay the same $7.95 per month to keep her email addresses that she has been paying?

136 of 173 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 11:25:54 AM
(0)
Contributor
thank you gadget. I was kinda looking for a yes or no answer. I have tried calling everyone and get a different answer each time. After all these years of AT&T email, I am about ready to go with someone else. I cant figure why AT&T would make this soooooooooo difficult. I guess losing loyal customers is OK with them.
thank you gadget. I was kinda looking for a yes or no answer. I have tried calling everyone and get a different answer each time. After all these years of AT&T email, I am about ready to go with someone else. I cant figure why AT&T would make this soooooooooo difficult. I guess losing loyal customers is OK with them.

137 of 173 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 12:35:13 PM
(0)
AT&T Internet Expert
Hello ,

Yes, you are right, AT&T Mobility deals with the cell phone services.  However, they also deal with queries related to AT&T email ids that do not have an internet service attached to it.

As Debrah mentioned that she is using DSL and phone services provided by some other ISP (Verizon), she needs to contact AT&T Mobility, they would check her AT&T email account details and let her know what is the status and if migration is require (from AT&T WorldNet to AT&T DSL/DIAL service) they will inform the same.

Hello ,

Yes, you are right, AT&T Mobility deals with the cell phone services.  However, they also deal with queries related to AT&T email ids that do not have an internet service attached to it.

As Debrah mentioned that she is using DSL and phone services provided by some other ISP (Verizon), she needs to contact AT&T Mobility, they would check her AT&T email account details and let her know what is the status and if migration is require (from AT&T WorldNet to AT&T DSL/DIAL service) they will inform the same.

138 of 173 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 12:43:38 PM
(0)
Tutor
OK I can see this is all going to one thread. My email account ends in att.net I have ATT landline, and DSL service. Do I need to do anything else? I am a worldnet customer and keep getting the messages.
OK I can see this is all going to one thread. My email account ends in att.net I have ATT landline, and DSL service. Do I need to do anything else? I am a worldnet customer and keep getting the messages.

139 of 173 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 1:33:17 PM
(0)
Scholar

Hi debra,

Gadget is right, you must do the migration and retain the AT&T dial service. Irregardless of what isp you have, you still have to migrate.

Hi debra,

Gadget is right, you must do the migration and retain the AT&T dial service. Irregardless of what isp you have, you still have to migrate.

140 of 173 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 1:37:32 PM
(0)
Scholar

Hi Jjones,

Yes you have to migrate as well.  Just go to   https://attreg.att.net/PortalMigrationTool/entry.do

Hi Jjones,

Yes you have to migrate as well.  Just go to   https://attreg.att.net/PortalMigrationTool/entry.do

141 of 173 (197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 2:11:58 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks - I did so and at the end I got the message I was already signed up. I sure hope I am!
Thanks - I did so and at the end I got the message I was already signed up. I sure hope I am!

142 of 173 (197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 4:57:26 PM
(0)
Contributor
OK,,,,, I migrated ! yea. easy enough- just answering lot of question and updating credit card info and passwords. I am still getting that huge orange pop up box saying " Immediate Attention needed etc ". Should this be gone now or does pop up stay until March 31?
OK,,,,, I migrated ! yea. easy enough- just answering lot of question and updating credit card info and passwords. I am still getting that huge orange pop up box saying " Immediate Attention needed etc ". Should this be gone now or does pop up stay until March 31?

143 of 173 (197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 6:43:47 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for the previous help, but I STILL have a problem! I did switch to ATT DSL service. I then used the migration tool to move my main and sub-accounts. Everything SEEMED to work. The mailboxes (including folders I had created) did migrate to the ATT Yahoo portal. I thought everything was working (early Thursday morning).

HOWEVER, today I discovered that mail sent to

[username]@att.net

is still going to my OLD ATT Worldnet mailbox, and NOT to my new mailbox.

What is also strange is that immediately after doing the migration any attempt to access the old Worldnet mailboxes resulted in a message telling me to go to the new Yahoo portal (which is fine), but today I can go to the old Worldnet webmail portal and find my messages are there (but not in the new Yahoo portal mailboxes).

My guess is that the DNS server for ATT has somehow been reset to the old Worldnet mailbox location.

Please help!
Thanks for the previous help, but I STILL have a problem! I did switch to ATT DSL service. I then used the migration tool to move my main and sub-accounts. Everything SEEMED to work. The mailboxes (including folders I had created) did migrate to the ATT Yahoo portal. I thought everything was working (early Thursday morning).

HOWEVER, today I discovered that mail sent to

[username]@att.net

is still going to my OLD ATT Worldnet mailbox, and NOT to my new mailbox.

What is also strange is that immediately after doing the migration any attempt to access the old Worldnet mailboxes resulted in a message telling me to go to the new Yahoo portal (which is fine), but today I can go to the old Worldnet webmail portal and find my messages are there (but not in the new Yahoo portal mailboxes).

My guess is that the DNS server for ATT has somehow been reset to the old Worldnet mailbox location.

Please help!

144 of 173 (197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2010 8:28:47 AM
(0)
Teacher
Hello Penny, your post with the following content: Please, check the information about AT&T Worldnet Migration process, available in the link mentioned below: http://www.att.com/t5/Email/Worldnet-Migration-Open-Portal-FAQs/td-p/4314 is incomplete and misleading. I have three active email accounts ending in @att.net and none of these accounts received an email in February notifiying me of the 'option to migrate'. Secondly, the only 'option' involved is migrate or lose your email. Thirdly, no where before or during or after the email migration was there any notice, pop up, or warning that my DSL service WOULD BE DISCONNECTED as a result of the email migration. Fourthly, no where before or during or after the email migration was there any notice, pop up, or warning that my PERSONAL WEB PAGES WOULD BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED as a result of the email migration. Fifthly, my next door neighbor somehow knew of the changes and both migrated her email accounts and signed up for DSL service from ATT. When I called (at least twelve different people, twelve different phone numbers, over six hours invested), I finally got someone who knew something and was willing to share information. She said, SORRY, THE CUTOFF DATE FOR KEEPING ATT DSL SERVICE WAS MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010. She told me I had to sign up for DSL service with Verizon, Covad, or whoever. I went to Covad's website, and they actually have published information about the forced migration, information that ATT refuses to publish openly on an ATT website. Note, the forced disconnection of DSL service only applies in certain areas, in my case, New Jersey. Apparently ATT DSL is only available in the southeast. Anyone in the northeast WILL BE DISCONNECTED. Once aqain, the areas affected have not been published. YOU HAVE TO GUESS! If you think you have DSL service via Covad, I think you will be disconnected. The good news is that I used to pay $40 per month for Worldnet and ATT DSL, and now I'm only paying $30 per month for Covad. I have to stop now..... Rich.
Hello Penny, your post with the following content: Please, check the information about AT&T Worldnet Migration process, available in the link mentioned below: http://www.att.com/t5/Email/Worldnet-Migration-Open-Portal-FAQs/td-p/4314 is incomplete and misleading. I have three active email accounts ending in @att.net and none of these accounts received an email in February notifiying me of the 'option to migrate'. Secondly, the only 'option' involved is migrate or lose your email. Thirdly, no where before or during or after the email migration was there any notice, pop up, or warning that my DSL service WOULD BE DISCONNECTED as a result of the email migration. Fourthly, no where before or during or after the email migration was there any notice, pop up, or warning that my PERSONAL WEB PAGES WOULD BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED as a result of the email migration. Fifthly, my next door neighbor somehow knew of the changes and both migrated her email accounts and signed up for DSL service from ATT. When I called (at least twelve different people, twelve different phone numbers, over six hours invested), I finally got someone who knew something and was willing to share information. She said, SORRY, THE CUTOFF DATE FOR KEEPING ATT DSL SERVICE WAS MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010. She told me I had to sign up for DSL service with Verizon, Covad, or whoever. I went to Covad's website, and they actually have published information about the forced migration, information that ATT refuses to publish openly on an ATT website. Note, the forced disconnection of DSL service only applies in certain areas, in my case, New Jersey. Apparently ATT DSL is only available in the southeast. Anyone in the northeast WILL BE DISCONNECTED. Once aqain, the areas affected have not been published. YOU HAVE TO GUESS! If you think you have DSL service via Covad, I think you will be disconnected. The good news is that I used to pay $40 per month for Worldnet and ATT DSL, and now I'm only paying $30 per month for Covad. I have to stop now..... Rich.

145 of 173 (197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2010 12:18:16 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have called them several times and waited up to 3 1/2 hours and never been helped. I was keeping my account for the address and have since gotten a Bellsouth DSL and I'm thinking of dropping all my AT&T lines including my cell phone. I can't believe this is the way a company is ran.
I have called them several times and waited up to 3 1/2 hours and never been helped. I was keeping my account for the address and have since gotten a Bellsouth DSL and I'm thinking of dropping all my AT&T lines including my cell phone. I can't believe this is the way a company is ran.

146 of 173 (197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2010 9:43:23 PM
(0)
AT&T Internet Expert
Hello keith5,

I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to inform that all your emails sent to username@att.net are not going to new AT&T Yahoo mail box instead being sent to old Worldnet mailbox. Please check if the pop forwarding feature has been checked in your new AT&T Yahoo email options.
If it is not then please call our voice support at 1-877-722-3755 and ask for the second level of support Tier 2.

The AT&T DSL Technical Experts Team
Hello keith5,

I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to inform that all your emails sent to username@att.net are not going to new AT&T Yahoo mail box instead being sent to old Worldnet mailbox. Please check if the pop forwarding feature has been checked in your new AT&T Yahoo email options.
If it is not then please call our voice support at 1-877-722-3755 and ask for the second level of support Tier 2.

The AT&T DSL Technical Experts Team

147 of 173 (197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2010 10:39:51 AM
(0)
Contributor
Penny, Like Debra, I only have an e-mail account. Because of a long history of problems with technical support, I have changed all of my other AT&T accounts to other providers over the years. I have no idea why you have not made this easier, and I imagine you will lose many more customers over this. I called the number that you listed for AT&T Mobility - after 45 minutes and talking to 3 people who had no idea what I was talking about or how to help (one of them being rude about it), I still don't have this problem resolved. Luckily one of the links listed previously may have answered my question. I am HOPING that you can clarify this...my e-mail account ends in @att.net. It looks like that means that I don't have to do anything; my account will remain the same. Is that correct?
Penny, Like Debra, I only have an e-mail account. Because of a long history of problems with technical support, I have changed all of my other AT&T accounts to other providers over the years. I have no idea why you have not made this easier, and I imagine you will lose many more customers over this. I called the number that you listed for AT&T Mobility - after 45 minutes and talking to 3 people who had no idea what I was talking about or how to help (one of them being rude about it), I still don't have this problem resolved. Luckily one of the links listed previously may have answered my question. I am HOPING that you can clarify this...my e-mail account ends in @att.net. It looks like that means that I don't have to do anything; my account will remain the same. Is that correct?

148 of 173 (197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2010 2:55:35 PM
(0)
Contributor
I am in a state of complete frustration. I have been waiting for someone to pickup at the so-called help line. This time I have been waiting over an hour. Last week I called and waited for about 1.5 hours and I've never heard a human voice yet. The problem: everytime I do anything on my email, this annoying message pops up telling me that I need to do something before March 31st because the service won't be available after that..BUT THEY DON'T TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO!!! They keep referring to some email that I was supposed to have received that outlined procedures but I don't recall ever seeing such an email. I have sent at least two emails to AT&T and received no response whatsoever. I have used this service for approximately 15 years and have never had an issue until now. I am not the most computer savvy person around and need detailed instructions that work. So please, someone tell me how to migrate my account. PLEASE!! And for god's sake don't suggest that I contact the useless customer care services @ 800.400-1447.
I am in a state of complete frustration. I have been waiting for someone to pickup at the so-called help line. This time I have been waiting over an hour. Last week I called and waited for about 1.5 hours and I've never heard a human voice yet. The problem: everytime I do anything on my email, this annoying message pops up telling me that I need to do something before March 31st because the service won't be available after that..BUT THEY DON'T TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO!!! They keep referring to some email that I was supposed to have received that outlined procedures but I don't recall ever seeing such an email. I have sent at least two emails to AT&T and received no response whatsoever. I have used this service for approximately 15 years and have never had an issue until now. I am not the most computer savvy person around and need detailed instructions that work. So please, someone tell me how to migrate my account. PLEASE!! And for god's sake don't suggest that I contact the useless customer care services @ 800.400-1447.

149 of 173 (197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2010 4:41:15 PM
(0)
Teacher
Hello,

Take a deep breath and get ready for a lesson in how to get rid of pesky customers.

First separate the issues.

Connecting to the Internet:

Is your internet connection provided by att? Is the connection DSL? Are you in the northeast? GAME OVER, go to www.covad.net/att to switch your ISP. If you are in the south, you are probably okay. Do you feel lucky?

Email:

do you have another internet provider and are only moving your email? If just email, be sure to backup/archive your emails/contacts/folders for every email address. BACKUP EACH DAY! The migration tool was about the only thing to work properly. BACKUP EACH DAY!

Lastly, read all the postings in these att forums. Read Internet forum and read the email forum.

Rich.
Hello,

Take a deep breath and get ready for a lesson in how to get rid of pesky customers.

First separate the issues.

Connecting to the Internet:

Is your internet connection provided by att? Is the connection DSL? Are you in the northeast? GAME OVER, go to www.covad.net/att to switch your ISP. If you are in the south, you are probably okay. Do you feel lucky?

Email:

do you have another internet provider and are only moving your email? If just email, be sure to backup/archive your emails/contacts/folders for every email address. BACKUP EACH DAY! The migration tool was about the only thing to work properly. BACKUP EACH DAY!

Lastly, read all the postings in these att forums. Read Internet forum and read the email forum.

Rich.

150 of 173 (197 Views)