ATT Worldnet Services

Guru

ATT Worldnet Services

Does anyone know about the elimination of the DSL Worldnet Services from ATT? I received an email stating they will cease offering this service and I will be eligible for comparable ATT services for my internet. I am trying to find out what comparable services ATT provides. It's impossible to reach anyone from ATT on the phone who knows anything about this. I tried for hours and kept getting bounced around until I finally gave up. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 173 (1,449 Views)

Re: ATT Worldnet Services

Hi Larry and Sloozy, Thank you both for your assistance. Everything has FINALLY worked EXACTLY the way I wanted it to. You were right Larry, the only way I was able to finally access the sub-account was to go to member services and reset the password as logging on to my.att.net kept telling me I was already upgraded yet, could not access my Yahoo e-mail. It was like I was in this "Endless Catch 22 Maze". A little word of advice to all who may read this. If all you want to do is migrate your Worldnet E-mail addresses to the new AT&T Yahoo DSL account (meaning just Contacts and Saved E-mail in Sub-folders), be sure you upgrade your Sub-Accounts(Secondary E-mail) FIRST, before upgrading your Main E-mail Account and you won't have to go through what I went through. Upgrading your Main E-mail before upgrading your Secondary E-mail LOCKS YOU OUT of your Secondary E-mail. Thank you and good luck to all!!!!
Message 121 of 173 (281 Views)
Teacher

any thoughts or suggestions on how to obtain the password for a subaccount? I never used it as I logged in through the main account. Needless to say I have been through customer service hell trying to get help with this...echat, being on hold for an hour and then getting hung up on, etc.....
Message 122 of 173 (281 Views)
Teacher

Icoyote, not sure where you are in this quagmire of confusion and procedures, but on the "Member Services" menu, you might check out the "Member Management" menu and see if you have enough info to use the "Forgot Password" function.

Sigh..... twiddling thumbs while on hold for 45 minutes plus, listening to Worldnet music. Hoping to get an answer to the questions I posted yesterday, similar to those posted by Sloozy today. Both seeming to be ignored.
Message 123 of 173 (281 Views)
Teacher

according to att I no longer exist..lovely....the echat droid told me I need to contact att worldnet by phone. have not had the energy to devote hours to that project...impossible during work hours.
Message 124 of 173 (281 Views)

Hi icoyote, Try going to www.memberservices.att.net. That was how I fixed my problem. I too, tried going through my.att.net, member services, manage my account and they told me that I was already upgraded but couldn't get into the new acct. My situation was a little different though. I had my password and just had to reset it. Maybe there's a "forgot password" thing on the page I just gave you. Just make sure you use your sub-account ID and not your main one.
Message 125 of 173 (281 Views)
Teacher

will try at home...can't seem to access through the work system. thx.
Message 126 of 173 (281 Views)
Contributor

1. I currently have xxx@att.net as my e-mail address 2. I signed up for the ATT Dial service 3. I can't figure out how to migrate my e-mails, address book, etc. (the instructions are useless!) 4. Since I already use the @att.net e-mil address, do I actually have to perform the migtration or will all my e-mails be there when the change occurs? I've tried customer service, but I imagine that the change will be here before I'm actually able to get any customer service. I've had my att e-mail address for over 10 years and would hate to lose it. CAN ANYBODY HELP??? Thanks
Message 127 of 173 (281 Views)
Employee

Hello ,

Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

The issue that you are experiencing with your AT&T sub accounts, could be due to incomplete migration from AT&T WorldNet services, the migration letter advises the customer to migrate their primary ID first, followed by each sub account separately.

Please, check the information about AT&T Worldnet Migration process, available in the link mentioned below:

http://www.att.com/t5/Email/Worldnet-Migration-Open-Portal-FAQs/td-p/4314 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 128 of 173 (281 Views)
Tutor

If you have typed the password incorrectly three times, you will be locked out from using the system for 24 hours
Message 129 of 173 (281 Views)
Tutor

I live in NJ and ATT DSL is not available here either. I was able to keep my DSL and my att email id by switching to Covad. The instructions were provided in an email sent to my Worldnet email id.
Message 130 of 173 (281 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I used the information provided in the email that was sent to my Worldnet email id and was switched to Covad. I was able to keep my email id and sub accounts. ATT DSL nor Uverse are offered in my are either. I experienced no loss of service, either.
Message 131 of 173 (447 Views)
Tutor

If you have Worldnet Dial service, you *do* have to migrate your primary email account to the new ATT Dial Service as per the instructions that were sent to your Worldnet email id. When you do this, your sub accounts and address book, etc. will move automatically. The link starts with http:/www.att.net/attxxx - this is the link that you use to migrate your primary email for ATT Dial. The exact link should be in the instructions.
Message 132 of 173 (447 Views)
Employee

Hi Cholmes,

You do have a worldnet email address and after getting AT&T Dial service, you need to migrate to the AT&T Yahoo by using the migration tool. Just go to   https://attreg.att.net/PortalMigrationTool/entry.do

Follow the process and after completing the migration, you will start accessing your mail page through http://att.net

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 133 of 173 (447 Views)
Contributor

To Larry - ATT Expert I am soooooooooo confused. All I use ATT for is email. I pay a small fee each month. I use Verizon as my phone and DSL service. I am using the email address ending in att.net and have for some time. Do I still need to do this MIGRATING thing? Is the monthly fee the same?
Message 134 of 173 (447 Views)
Employee

Hello debra,

In order to provide informatioin about your AT&T email account, we need to check your AT&T email account details, as you mentioned that you are using some other ISP (Verizon) for Internet services and still using AT&T email account, it is recommended that you contact the AT&T Mobility at 800-331-0500 they work from Monday to Saturday from 7am-10pm ET.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
Message 135 of 173 (447 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.