ATT Worldnet Services

Guru

ATT Worldnet Services

Does anyone know about the elimination of the DSL Worldnet Services from ATT? I received an email stating they will cease offering this service and I will be eligible for comparable ATT services for my internet. I am trying to find out what comparable services ATT provides. It's impossible to reach anyone from ATT on the phone who knows anything about this. I tried for hours and kept getting bounced around until I finally gave up. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 173
Contributor

Re: ATT Worldnet Services

I have the same question. It seems odd to me that no one knows about this and there isn't any info on their website. I really want to know because i want to keep the same email addy and i need more storage space than worldnet provides and I understand that att yahoo is unlimited.
Message 2 of 173
Employee

Hi teb299 and Leighk38!

We are sorry you got bounced around when trying to get information on AT&T's services. You may try visiting the official AT&T DSL website at http://att.com to learn more about the recent products, features and services offered by AT&T.

Just go to http://att.com website. -> Click Internet & DSL. -> Enter your ZIP code if asked. -> This will pull up the AT&T's official website. To know more about AT&T, you can also click on the ABOUT US tab. Then click on the Consumer link right under the Products and Services category.

To learn more about the other products and features supported by AT&T, you can also go to http://www.att.com/esupport website. Under Internet, select AT&T DSL High Speed Internet.

Getting in touch with the AT&T Sales Team, either thru eChat or over the phone, will provide you more information about this inquiry. We encourage you to contact them again if you need additional information about the AT&T Internet services.

To contact the AT&T eChat Help Desk, you may click on the following link:
https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_se.aspx

Contact # for Consumer Sales
888.321.2375, from the prompt choose Sales

Sales Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 173
Guru

@ Leighk38

yup, AT&T Yahoo! has an unlimited email storage. BTW, there's already an existing thread regarding worldnet vs. att dsl. you can click on this link --> http://attdsl.lithium.com/t5/Email/att-worldnet-vs-att-dsl/m-p/2504#M1050

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 173
Contributor

When I go to your website, I get told you don't offer DSL services in my area, when I called up after a bit of a wait, I got completely cut off. I have had DSL worldnet services for you probably around 10 years.
Message 5 of 173
Contributor

Karen, sorry but none of your links were helpful. They all lead to "no service in your area "-NYC. I'm a disabled person and depend on dsl service for all communication. Should I get a new provider? Will I be cut off without notice?
Message 6 of 173
Lithium Technologies

Hello bina,

DSL is not currently offered in NY.  Have you checked to see if UVerse is available in your state? 

Thanks,

Trey

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 173
Guru

I did what you suggested and was told DSL service is not available in my zip which is New York City. Funny thing is I have ATT DSL since 1997 and it work most of the time. The email says ATT will cease offering Worldnet Services. It doesn't say when or what will replace it. No phone number I called at ATT got me to a person who knows about this change. I cannot even get a person who speaks my language (English). I have never been more frustrated!!
Message 8 of 173
Highlighted
Lithium Technologies

Hello,

Thanks for the response.  Did you see if UVerse is available?  I know it is offered in your state, but not sure about your particular zip code. 

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 173
Guru

According to the ATT website UVerse is not available in New York State.
Tags (1)
Message 10 of 173
NRF
Contributor

I got the same email about Worldnet discontinuation back on Dec. 19, and there's been no follow-up message of any kind from AT&T. Do you have DSL high speed, or the old dial up? What I have is the old dial-up service (theoretically at a speed of 56 kbps), for which I've been paying $16.95/month. Like you and others, I was bounced around several different customer service representatives (of varying levels of English proficiency.) The deal is this: the old Worldnet dial-up is being discontinued, but I was told one can upgrade to DSL basic high speed service for $19.95/month (Downstream Speed: Up to 768 Kbps, Upstream Speed: Up to 384 Kbps ). Anyone upgrading to this would have to get a modem from AT&T for it to work since all you've likely got is the regular old dial-up modem on the computer. If you go to this website, you can check to see if this service is available in your area: http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=10934 Hopefully that will take you to the details on the DSL basic high speed plan. If not, go to http://www.att.com and click on the SHOP and INTERNET buttons. That should at least get you to the varying plans of internet services offered. The internet support representative told me that my current email account will not transfer over since it is on regular dial-up, not high speed. If you upgrade, a new email account will have to be created, although you might be able to use the old name. (Emphasis on MIGHT.) However, the emails you currently have won't transfer. No one at AT&T seems to know anything about the Worldnet discontinuation -- it took me a while just to get the sales representative to understand what I was talking about. Obviously the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. The only other option is to switch internet service to a different provider. Hope this helps.
Message 11 of 173
Contributor

I received this e-mail from AT&T back in December also and apparently have a different situation than most. I am on their 'service any connection' plan as I have DSL through a different provider, but pay AT&T for e-mail and personal web page space (PWP). So my questions are: - Will this plan still be offered so I can keep my e-mail address? - Will personal web pages still function or are these being terminated? - If the 'att.net' system for these services is being cancelled, when will this happen? Customers like myself need this information so we can plan ahead to leave AT&T entirely if needed, setting up forwarding, new e-mails, notifying contacts, etc. As of today, I have received no follow up contact from AT&T and have waited on hold for over 40 minutes twice to speak to someone about this, both times I was disconnected after the 40 minute wait.
Message 12 of 173
Scholar

I'm sure there are many of us who have had AT&T Worldnet for many years and want to keep our email addresses and personal web pages. I haven't heard anything since December. It would be nice to receive an update on the coming changes!
Message 13 of 173
Contributor

I have only att email with no connection. I have been paying $9.95 for years, live nowhere (boat in the south pacific, going around the world (why I got worldnet over 12 years ago)). Now you are taking my only email address away. Is this just a ploy to raise my access? Why do I have to have a land line? I can't plug into just anywhere, we have to use internet cafes. Is there a way to keep what I have or have similar access without almost doubling my access fee. Is killing my internet access or raising my access fee (if I can still access my SAME email address) an axample of "we are streamlining our Internet services to offer you an even better Internet experience". Please respond with a solution, please.
Message 14 of 173
Contributor

ATT Worldnet Services

I just received an e-mail from Att stating the web hosting (PWP) will be discontinued as of March 15th. Att doesn't state that they will provide this service for a charge now. I've had two webpages for around 12 years and now they are telling me tha they are dropping me and don't provide any other solution. They also state that I need to convert my account to dialup department. I've made 5 phone call to variou ATT department with not help. One told me that there is a 35 min wait to speak to someone. Att has really left us out, is that what they do to good customers after 12 years .
Message 15 of 173
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support