Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Dec 26, 2009
11:32:45 AM
ATT Worldnet Services
Does anyone know about the elimination of the DSL Worldnet Services from ATT? I received an email stating they will cease offering this service and I will be eligible for comparable ATT services for my internet. I am trying to find out what comparable services ATT provides. It's impossible to reach anyone from ATT on the phone who knows anything about this. I tried for hours and kept getting bounced around until I finally gave up. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Does anyone know about the elimination of the DSL Worldnet Services from ATT? I received an email stating they will cease offering this service and I will be eligible for comparable ATT services for my internet. I am trying to find out what comparable services ATT provides. It's impossible to reach anyone from ATT on the phone who knows anything about this. I tried for hours and kept getting bounced around until I finally gave up. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

ATT Worldnet Services

172 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(172)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2009 2:02:54 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have the same question. It seems odd to me that no one knows about this and there isn't any info on their website. I really want to know because i want to keep the same email addy and i need more storage space than worldnet provides and I understand that att yahoo is unlimited.
I have the same question. It seems odd to me that no one knows about this and there isn't any info on their website. I really want to know because i want to keep the same email addy and i need more storage space than worldnet provides and I understand that att yahoo is unlimited.

Re: ATT Worldnet Services

2 of 173 (1,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2009 10:09:09 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi teb299 and Leighk38!

We are sorry you got bounced around when trying to get information on AT&T's services. You may try visiting the official AT&T DSL website at http://att.com to learn more about the recent products, features and services offered by AT&T.

Just go to http://att.com website. -> Click Internet & DSL. -> Enter your ZIP code if asked. -> This will pull up the AT&T's official website. To know more about AT&T, you can also click on the ABOUT US tab. Then click on the Consumer link right under the Products and Services category.

To learn more about the other products and features supported by AT&T, you can also go to http://www.att.com/esupport website. Under Internet, select AT&T DSL High Speed Internet.

Getting in touch with the AT&T Sales Team, either thru eChat or over the phone, will provide you more information about this inquiry. We encourage you to contact them again if you need additional information about the AT&T Internet services.

To contact the AT&T eChat Help Desk, you may click on the following link:
https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_se.aspx

Contact # for Consumer Sales
888.321.2375, from the prompt choose Sales

Sales Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Hi teb299 and Leighk38!

We are sorry you got bounced around when trying to get information on AT&T's services. You may try visiting the official AT&T DSL website at http://att.com to learn more about the recent products, features and services offered by AT&T.

Just go to http://att.com website. -> Click Internet & DSL. -> Enter your ZIP code if asked. -> This will pull up the AT&T's official website. To know more about AT&T, you can also click on the ABOUT US tab. Then click on the Consumer link right under the Products and Services category.

To learn more about the other products and features supported by AT&T, you can also go to http://www.att.com/esupport website. Under Internet, select AT&T DSL High Speed Internet.

Getting in touch with the AT&T Sales Team, either thru eChat or over the phone, will provide you more information about this inquiry. We encourage you to contact them again if you need additional information about the AT&T Internet services.

To contact the AT&T eChat Help Desk, you may click on the following link:
https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_se.aspx

Contact # for Consumer Sales
888.321.2375, from the prompt choose Sales

Sales Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 173 (1,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2009 1:52:38 PM
(0)
Guru

@ Leighk38

yup, AT&T Yahoo! has an unlimited email storage. BTW, there's already an existing thread regarding worldnet vs. att dsl. you can click on this link --> http://attdsl.lithium.com/t5/Email/att-worldnet-vs-att-dsl/m-p/2504#M1050

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

@ Leighk38

yup, AT&T Yahoo! has an unlimited email storage. BTW, there's already an existing thread regarding worldnet vs. att dsl. you can click on this link --> http://attdsl.lithium.com/t5/Email/att-worldnet-vs-att-dsl/m-p/2504#M1050

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

4 of 173 (1,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2009 11:14:34 AM
(0)
Contributor
When I go to your website, I get told you don't offer DSL services in my area, when I called up after a bit of a wait, I got completely cut off. I have had DSL worldnet services for you probably around 10 years.
When I go to your website, I get told you don't offer DSL services in my area, when I called up after a bit of a wait, I got completely cut off. I have had DSL worldnet services for you probably around 10 years.

5 of 173 (1,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2010 10:10:21 AM
(0)
Contributor
Karen, sorry but none of your links were helpful. They all lead to "no service in your area "-NYC. I'm a disabled person and depend on dsl service for all communication. Should I get a new provider? Will I be cut off without notice?
Karen, sorry but none of your links were helpful. They all lead to "no service in your area "-NYC. I'm a disabled person and depend on dsl service for all communication. Should I get a new provider? Will I be cut off without notice?

6 of 173 (1,112 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2010 11:00:29 AM
(0)
Lithium Technologies

Hello bina,

DSL is not currently offered in NY.  Have you checked to see if UVerse is available in your state? 

Thanks,

Trey

Hello bina,

DSL is not currently offered in NY.  Have you checked to see if UVerse is available in your state? 

Thanks,

Trey

7 of 173 (1,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2010 3:02:05 PM
(0)
Guru
I did what you suggested and was told DSL service is not available in my zip which is New York City. Funny thing is I have ATT DSL since 1997 and it work most of the time. The email says ATT will cease offering Worldnet Services. It doesn't say when or what will replace it. No phone number I called at ATT got me to a person who knows about this change. I cannot even get a person who speaks my language (English). I have never been more frustrated!!
I did what you suggested and was told DSL service is not available in my zip which is New York City. Funny thing is I have ATT DSL since 1997 and it work most of the time. The email says ATT will cease offering Worldnet Services. It doesn't say when or what will replace it. No phone number I called at ATT got me to a person who knows about this change. I cannot even get a person who speaks my language (English). I have never been more frustrated!!

8 of 173 (1,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2010 11:12:48 AM
(0)
Lithium Technologies

Hello,

Thanks for the response.  Did you see if UVerse is available?  I know it is offered in your state, but not sure about your particular zip code. 

Hello,

Thanks for the response.  Did you see if UVerse is available?  I know it is offered in your state, but not sure about your particular zip code. 

9 of 173 (1,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2010 7:24:03 PM
(0)
Guru
According to the ATT website UVerse is not available in New York State.
According to the ATT website UVerse is not available in New York State.

10 of 173 (1,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2010 3:29:41 PM
(0)
Contributor
I got the same email about Worldnet discontinuation back on Dec. 19, and there's been no follow-up message of any kind from AT&T. Do you have DSL high speed, or the old dial up? What I have is the old dial-up service (theoretically at a speed of 56 kbps), for which I've been paying $16.95/month. Like you and others, I was bounced around several different customer service representatives (of varying levels of English proficiency.) The deal is this: the old Worldnet dial-up is being discontinued, but I was told one can upgrade to DSL basic high speed service for $19.95/month (Downstream Speed: Up to 768 Kbps, Upstream Speed: Up to 384 Kbps ). Anyone upgrading to this would have to get a modem from AT&T for it to work since all you've likely got is the regular old dial-up modem on the computer. If you go to this website, you can check to see if this service is available in your area: http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=10934 Hopefully that will take you to the details on the DSL basic high speed plan. If not, go to http://www.att.com and click on the SHOP and INTERNET buttons. That should at least get you to the varying plans of internet services offered. The internet support representative told me that my current email account will not transfer over since it is on regular dial-up, not high speed. If you upgrade, a new email account will have to be created, although you might be able to use the old name. (Emphasis on MIGHT.) However, the emails you currently have won't transfer. No one at AT&T seems to know anything about the Worldnet discontinuation -- it took me a while just to get the sales representative to understand what I was talking about. Obviously the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. The only other option is to switch internet service to a different provider. Hope this helps.
I got the same email about Worldnet discontinuation back on Dec. 19, and there's been no follow-up message of any kind from AT&T. Do you have DSL high speed, or the old dial up? What I have is the old dial-up service (theoretically at a speed of 56 kbps), for which I've been paying $16.95/month. Like you and others, I was bounced around several different customer service representatives (of varying levels of English proficiency.) The deal is this: the old Worldnet dial-up is being discontinued, but I was told one can upgrade to DSL basic high speed service for $19.95/month (Downstream Speed: Up to 768 Kbps, Upstream Speed: Up to 384 Kbps ). Anyone upgrading to this would have to get a modem from AT&T for it to work since all you've likely got is the regular old dial-up modem on the computer. If you go to this website, you can check to see if this service is available in your area: http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=10934 Hopefully that will take you to the details on the DSL basic high speed plan. If not, go to http://www.att.com and click on the SHOP and INTERNET buttons. That should at least get you to the varying plans of internet services offered. The internet support representative told me that my current email account will not transfer over since it is on regular dial-up, not high speed. If you upgrade, a new email account will have to be created, although you might be able to use the old name. (Emphasis on MIGHT.) However, the emails you currently have won't transfer. No one at AT&T seems to know anything about the Worldnet discontinuation -- it took me a while just to get the sales representative to understand what I was talking about. Obviously the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. The only other option is to switch internet service to a different provider. Hope this helps.

11 of 173 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2010 11:22:36 AM
(0)
Contributor
I received this e-mail from AT&T back in December also and apparently have a different situation than most. I am on their 'service any connection' plan as I have DSL through a different provider, but pay AT&T for e-mail and personal web page space (PWP). So my questions are: - Will this plan still be offered so I can keep my e-mail address? - Will personal web pages still function or are these being terminated? - If the 'att.net' system for these services is being cancelled, when will this happen? Customers like myself need this information so we can plan ahead to leave AT&T entirely if needed, setting up forwarding, new e-mails, notifying contacts, etc. As of today, I have received no follow up contact from AT&T and have waited on hold for over 40 minutes twice to speak to someone about this, both times I was disconnected after the 40 minute wait.
I received this e-mail from AT&T back in December also and apparently have a different situation than most. I am on their 'service any connection' plan as I have DSL through a different provider, but pay AT&T for e-mail and personal web page space (PWP). So my questions are: - Will this plan still be offered so I can keep my e-mail address? - Will personal web pages still function or are these being terminated? - If the 'att.net' system for these services is being cancelled, when will this happen? Customers like myself need this information so we can plan ahead to leave AT&T entirely if needed, setting up forwarding, new e-mails, notifying contacts, etc. As of today, I have received no follow up contact from AT&T and have waited on hold for over 40 minutes twice to speak to someone about this, both times I was disconnected after the 40 minute wait.

12 of 173 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2010 7:40:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
I'm sure there are many of us who have had AT&T Worldnet for many years and want to keep our email addresses and personal web pages. I haven't heard anything since December. It would be nice to receive an update on the coming changes!
I'm sure there are many of us who have had AT&T Worldnet for many years and want to keep our email addresses and personal web pages. I haven't heard anything since December. It would be nice to receive an update on the coming changes!

13 of 173 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2010 12:12:48 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have only att email with no connection. I have been paying $9.95 for years, live nowhere (boat in the south pacific, going around the world (why I got worldnet over 12 years ago)). Now you are taking my only email address away. Is this just a ploy to raise my access? Why do I have to have a land line? I can't plug into just anywhere, we have to use internet cafes. Is there a way to keep what I have or have similar access without almost doubling my access fee. Is killing my internet access or raising my access fee (if I can still access my SAME email address) an axample of "we are streamlining our Internet services to offer you an even better Internet experience". Please respond with a solution, please.
I have only att email with no connection. I have been paying $9.95 for years, live nowhere (boat in the south pacific, going around the world (why I got worldnet over 12 years ago)). Now you are taking my only email address away. Is this just a ploy to raise my access? Why do I have to have a land line? I can't plug into just anywhere, we have to use internet cafes. Is there a way to keep what I have or have similar access without almost doubling my access fee. Is killing my internet access or raising my access fee (if I can still access my SAME email address) an axample of "we are streamlining our Internet services to offer you an even better Internet experience". Please respond with a solution, please.

14 of 173 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2010 9:21:11 AM
(0)
Contributor
I just received an e-mail from Att stating the web hosting (PWP) will be discontinued as of March 15th. Att doesn't state that they will provide this service for a charge now. I've had two webpages for around 12 years and now they are telling me tha they are dropping me and don't provide any other solution. They also state that I need to convert my account to dialup department. I've made 5 phone call to variou ATT department with not help. One told me that there is a 35 min wait to speak to someone. Att has really left us out, is that what they do to good customers after 12 years .
I just received an e-mail from Att stating the web hosting (PWP) will be discontinued as of March 15th. Att doesn't state that they will provide this service for a charge now. I've had two webpages for around 12 years and now they are telling me tha they are dropping me and don't provide any other solution. They also state that I need to convert my account to dialup department. I've made 5 phone call to variou ATT department with not help. One told me that there is a 35 min wait to speak to someone. Att has really left us out, is that what they do to good customers after 12 years .

ATT Worldnet Services

15 of 173 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2010 9:24:13 AM
(0)
Contributor
did you get the e-mail yesterday about them discontinuing the PWP service?
did you get the e-mail yesterday about them discontinuing the PWP service?

16 of 173 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2010 11:00:27 AM
(0)
Scholar

Hi eddelcogliano,

You can try calling this number 800.436.8638. This is the Dial Billing department and they are open Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm, Saturday from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm.

Hi eddelcogliano,

You can try calling this number 800.436.8638. This is the Dial Billing department and they are open Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm, Saturday from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm.

17 of 173 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2010 1:07:36 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi eddelcogliano!

To receive accurate information about the recent PWP discontinuation alert, we recommend that you contact the Personal Web Pages Support Team at 800.436.8638, Option 1 (DO NOT ENTER CUSTOMER TN), # , Option 5. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (for Business) and 7:00 AM - 1:30 AM, daily (for Consumer).

Hi eddelcogliano!

To receive accurate information about the recent PWP discontinuation alert, we recommend that you contact the Personal Web Pages Support Team at 800.436.8638, Option 1 (DO NOT ENTER CUSTOMER TN), # , Option 5. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (for Business) and 7:00 AM - 1:30 AM, daily (for Consumer).

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

18 of 173 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2010 3:32:37 AM
(0)
Scholar

19 of 173 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2010 6:47:00 PM
(0)
Contributor
This post is long, I know, but please bear with me, because I'd really like some answers.

I've been a subscriber to Worldnet for about 5 years. I got the e-mail in December about Worldnet ending, and they would migrate me to a comparable ATT internet service, but I didn't have to do anything yet. A few weeks ago, our service went down; my wife called tech support. I'm not sure what they did, but they hooked us back up. The connection is now different. My computer now says it's connected through a local area connection rather than a PPPoE like it use to. Now, the internet experience is awful. I often get "cannot display the page" messages, but I'm able to get them after 1-3 reloads of the page. Pictures often won't show up, and loading pages is far slower than it use to be. I went through all these cookie/anti-virus/services/firewall troubleshooting steps, and it's still the way it is.

Now, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the end of Worldnet. I've been trying to find an answer, but am only getting confused. I called the help line; no one answers, I get the run around from an automated menu. I finally pressed the button to subscribe to AT&T Dial Internet since this is what Gadget's link says we should migrate to. I talked to a human who promptly forwarded my call to the same automated menu I was at before. I'm pretty mad. A message that comes on before the menu choices says I should click the help link in the e-mail I received. There's no help link in the e-mail I have.

Also, like the other members from NY, it's news to me I don't have DSL, and AT&T doesn't provide it in the area. What is Worldnet then? It goes over my phone line, but I can still make phone calls. Isn't that what DSL is? Or am I wrong? I've looked for info about AT&T Dial Internet, to find out its speed, but I can't find anything. The human I talked to on the phone (after beeping the option to sign up for Dial) wouldn't even tell me. I've liked my time with AT&T overall, but this experience is making me strongly consider finding some other service.

Does any of this sound familiar, and can anyone help with any of it?

This post is long, I know, but please bear with me, because I'd really like some answers.

I've been a subscriber to Worldnet for about 5 years. I got the e-mail in December about Worldnet ending, and they would migrate me to a comparable ATT internet service, but I didn't have to do anything yet. A few weeks ago, our service went down; my wife called tech support. I'm not sure what they did, but they hooked us back up. The connection is now different. My computer now says it's connected through a local area connection rather than a PPPoE like it use to. Now, the internet experience is awful. I often get "cannot display the page" messages, but I'm able to get them after 1-3 reloads of the page. Pictures often won't show up, and loading pages is far slower than it use to be. I went through all these cookie/anti-virus/services/firewall troubleshooting steps, and it's still the way it is.

Now, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the end of Worldnet. I've been trying to find an answer, but am only getting confused. I called the help line; no one answers, I get the run around from an automated menu. I finally pressed the button to subscribe to AT&T Dial Internet since this is what Gadget's link says we should migrate to. I talked to a human who promptly forwarded my call to the same automated menu I was at before. I'm pretty mad. A message that comes on before the menu choices says I should click the help link in the e-mail I received. There's no help link in the e-mail I have.

Also, like the other members from NY, it's news to me I don't have DSL, and AT&T doesn't provide it in the area. What is Worldnet then? It goes over my phone line, but I can still make phone calls. Isn't that what DSL is? Or am I wrong? I've looked for info about AT&T Dial Internet, to find out its speed, but I can't find anything. The human I talked to on the phone (after beeping the option to sign up for Dial) wouldn't even tell me. I've liked my time with AT&T overall, but this experience is making me strongly consider finding some other service.

Does any of this sound familiar, and can anyone help with any of it?

20 of 173 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2010 2:47:15 PM
(0)
Employee

In order for AT&T to better converge our Internet products and to create a more consistent customer experience, Worldnet customers will be migrating to AT&T Dial, High Speed Internet (HSI) and stand-alone email services. The AT&T Worldnet Service will begin migrating accounts on February 1, 2010 and the Worldnet services will be discontinued as of March 15, 2010. Customers will obtain new service through a registration and ordering process.

For HSI Customers:

WorldNet customers who purchase HSI will be allowed to maintain the existing Worldnet e-mail accounts by using the Portal Migration Tool to migrate to a Free ATT Email Account. This account will be in addition to your standard att.net email account associated with your new HSI service.

Please click this specific Help page associated with the migration.

For Dial Customers:

Dial customers will be allowed to maintain the existing Worldnet e-mail ID(s) by using the Open Web Enrollment process. Installation CDs will be shipped as a part of the ordering and registration process.

For additional information in reference to the migration and your current Worldnet service, please call the Worldnet Customer Care Team at 800-400-1447.

In order for AT&T to better converge our Internet products and to create a more consistent customer experience, Worldnet customers will be migrating to AT&T Dial, High Speed Internet (HSI) and stand-alone email services. The AT&T Worldnet Service will begin migrating accounts on February 1, 2010 and the Worldnet services will be discontinued as of March 15, 2010. Customers will obtain new service through a registration and ordering process.

For HSI Customers:

WorldNet customers who purchase HSI will be allowed to maintain the existing Worldnet e-mail accounts by using the Portal Migration Tool to migrate to a Free ATT Email Account. This account will be in addition to your standard att.net email account associated with your new HSI service.

For Dial Customers:

Dial customers will be allowed to maintain the existing Worldnet e-mail ID(s) by using the Open Web Enrollment process. Installation CDs will be shipped as a part of the ordering and registration process.

For additional information in reference to the migration and your current Worldnet service, please call the Worldnet Customer Care Team at 800-400-1447.

21 of 173 (711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2010 5:36:56 PM
(0)
Contributor
Do you know what the download and upload speeds are for Dial services? I can't find the specifications on the website.
Do you know what the download and upload speeds are for Dial services? I can't find the specifications on the website.

22 of 173 (711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2010 5:26:59 AM
(0)
Scholar
Thank you for the information regarding the discontinuation of AT&T Worldnet on March 15, 2010. The email from Worldnet I received in December said I would receive another email after the first of the year with more information. I have not received a second email from Worldnet, although I know of others who have. We have AT&T Yahoo! DSL (and have had it for many years, when it was SBC Yahoo! DSL). However, we only use the @att.net email addresses we acquired when we first got Worldnet -- back when it was only dial-up! We DO NOT want to lose them! Am I to proceed with the migration mentioned in the Help page you cited for my situation (http://help.att.net/attpby.html), or do I need to wait for the promised second email from Worldnet?
Thank you for the information regarding the discontinuation of AT&T Worldnet on March 15, 2010. The email from Worldnet I received in December said I would receive another email after the first of the year with more information. I have not received a second email from Worldnet, although I know of others who have. We have AT&T Yahoo! DSL (and have had it for many years, when it was SBC Yahoo! DSL). However, we only use the @att.net email addresses we acquired when we first got Worldnet -- back when it was only dial-up! We DO NOT want to lose them! Am I to proceed with the migration mentioned in the Help page you cited for my situation (http://help.att.net/attpby.html), or do I need to wait for the promised second email from Worldnet?

23 of 173 (711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2010 6:36:03 AM
(0)
Mentor

@ Gadget,

you have had AT&T HSI service for several years now and still uses the old worldnet email ID, right? are you separately paying for the worldnet email ID to keep it active?

@ Gadget,

you have had AT&T HSI service for several years now and still uses the old worldnet email ID, right? are you separately paying for the worldnet email ID to keep it active?

24 of 173 (711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2010 7:37:17 AM
(0)
Scholar
Yes, Worldnet had "bring your own connection" plan for small monthly fee (originally $4.95, I think, eventually $7.95) that allowed you to keep your email addresses and personal web pages.
Yes, Worldnet had "bring your own connection" plan for small monthly fee (originally $4.95, I think, eventually $7.95) that allowed you to keep your email addresses and personal web pages.

25 of 173 (711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2010 5:30:36 PM
(0)
Mentor

Karen wrote:

In order for AT&T to better converge our Internet products and to create a more consistent customer experience, Worldnet customers will be migrating to AT&T Dial, High Speed Internet (HSI) and stand-alone email services. The AT&T Worldnet Service will begin migrating accounts on February 1, 2010 and the Worldnet services will be discontinued as of March 15, 2010.

I see your instructions for AT&T Dial and HSI but wat about "stand-alone email services". That's all I want. I just want to keep my att.net ermail addresses and nothing else. Is that possible?

Karen wrote:

In order for AT&T to better converge our Internet products and to create a more consistent customer experience, Worldnet customers will be migrating to AT&T Dial, High Speed Internet (HSI) and stand-alone email services. The AT&T Worldnet Service will begin migrating accounts on February 1, 2010 and the Worldnet services will be discontinued as of March 15, 2010.

I see your instructions for AT&T Dial and HSI but wat about "stand-alone email services". That's all I want. I just want to keep my att.net ermail addresses and nothing else. Is that possible?

26 of 173 (711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2010 9:16:14 AM
(0)
Contributor
I "NEVER* received any e-mail, and only found out about this migration on another site. I have been keeping the address through the 'bring-your-own-access' for several years. The only link that was mentioned on that site was for the Dial service, which I reluctantly 'migrated' to. Problem is, this is unnecessary as I really only need the apparently 'free' e-mail only. When I try to migrate to that, it says it can't. Do I have to wait a few days for the Dial migration to take place first? Can I clean up this mess without having to pay for dial service I don't need? Also, I thought March 15 was when things would shut down, but my web page is already gone. Luckily, I already had a copy elsewhere.
I "NEVER* received any e-mail, and only found out about this migration on another site. I have been keeping the address through the 'bring-your-own-access' for several years. The only link that was mentioned on that site was for the Dial service, which I reluctantly 'migrated' to. Problem is, this is unnecessary as I really only need the apparently 'free' e-mail only. When I try to migrate to that, it says it can't. Do I have to wait a few days for the Dial migration to take place first? Can I clean up this mess without having to pay for dial service I don't need? Also, I thought March 15 was when things would shut down, but my web page is already gone. Luckily, I already had a copy elsewhere.

27 of 173 (711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2010 11:05:52 AM
(0)
Employee

To receive accurate information and answer questions regarding the "stand-alone email services" or "bring your own connection" plan, we recommend that you contact the Worldnet Customer Care Team at 800-400-1447 Option 2.

To receive accurate information and answer questions regarding the "stand-alone email services" or "bring your own connection" plan, we recommend that you contact the Worldnet Customer Care Team at 800-400-1447 Option 2.

28 of 173 (711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2010 11:24:19 AM
(0)
Guru

If you are an ATT Worldnet subscriber and don't want to lose your email IDs after signing up for ATT High Speed service, don't cancel your Worldnet subscription yet. Call Worldnet Billing (1-800-400-1447) and tell them that you signed up for ATT DSL and that you want to switch to Worldnet's "Zero Dollar E-mail" plan.

That way you won't be paying anything to Worldnet but you get to keep all your Worldnet stuff except your ability to dial into the Worldnet network. You can access your Worldnet services while connected to the ATT DSL network.

If you are an ATT Worldnet subscriber and don't want to lose your email IDs after signing up for ATT High Speed service, don't cancel your Worldnet subscription yet. Call Worldnet Billing (1-800-400-1447) and tell them that you signed up for ATT DSL and that you want to switch to Worldnet's "Zero Dollar E-mail" plan.

That way you won't be paying anything to Worldnet but you get to keep all your Worldnet stuff except your ability to dial into the Worldnet network. You can access your Worldnet services while connected to the ATT DSL network.

29 of 173 (711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2010 8:11:41 AM
(0)
Contributor
Hi same issue. I've been a worldnet att user from the beginnng days and would not give it up although I have many other e-mail options. AT&T has been the most reliable worldwide, alost as good as Compuserve before AOL ruined it. I called, on hold for 45 minutes, got a human from somewhere in the world, he sent be a link with information (see below). Although it would appear that your are now signing on to the old dial up service, I was assured that would not be the case. So, my plan is to inform all my att.net (credit cards, banks, friends, etc.), and before March 31, I will migrate to the new. GOOD SAILING. Worldnet ACP Customers: 12084 AT&T Worldnet Service - Any Connection Plan (ACP) - $7.95/mo. No dial-up usage. • ACP Customers will be directed to the AT&T Unlimited Dial service ($7.95/month) via the Open Web Enrollment (OWE) process. • ACP Customers should use URL http://www.att.net/att795 to migrate their service. • Once the service has been migrated, customers should continue to use http://my.att.net as their homepage. NOTE: The $7.95 AT&T Dial offer now includes unlimited dial access if so desired by the customer (on Worldnet, dial access was charged at .99/hour). Therefore, if the customer would like to take advantage of this, he/she must download and install the AT&T Dial Software during the OWE process. They should NOT select the "Next" button at the end of the online registration process but, instead, download either the Windows or MAC software that is made available to them on that screen. If they prefer not to use AT&T Dial for access, they can simply press "Next" at the end of the OWE online registration / migration. UPDATE: This "NEXT" button may be removed from the online / web-based user interface. Therefore, customers may download the software when presented with the option ("Windows" or "MAC") but are not required to install it if they have no desire to use Dial Up access
Hi same issue. I've been a worldnet att user from the beginnng days and would not give it up although I have many other e-mail options. AT&T has been the most reliable worldwide, alost as good as Compuserve before AOL ruined it. I called, on hold for 45 minutes, got a human from somewhere in the world, he sent be a link with information (see below). Although it would appear that your are now signing on to the old dial up service, I was assured that would not be the case. So, my plan is to inform all my att.net (credit cards, banks, friends, etc.), and before March 31, I will migrate to the new. GOOD SAILING. Worldnet ACP Customers: 12084 AT&T Worldnet Service - Any Connection Plan (ACP) - $7.95/mo. No dial-up usage. • ACP Customers will be directed to the AT&T Unlimited Dial service ($7.95/month) via the Open Web Enrollment (OWE) process. • ACP Customers should use URL http://www.att.net/att795 to migrate their service. • Once the service has been migrated, customers should continue to use http://my.att.net as their homepage. NOTE: The $7.95 AT&T Dial offer now includes unlimited dial access if so desired by the customer (on Worldnet, dial access was charged at .99/hour). Therefore, if the customer would like to take advantage of this, he/she must download and install the AT&T Dial Software during the OWE process. They should NOT select the "Next" button at the end of the online registration process but, instead, download either the Windows or MAC software that is made available to them on that screen. If they prefer not to use AT&T Dial for access, they can simply press "Next" at the end of the OWE online registration / migration. UPDATE: This "NEXT" button may be removed from the online / web-based user interface. Therefore, customers may download the software when presented with the option ("Windows" or "MAC") but are not required to install it if they have no desire to use Dial Up access

30 of 173 (711 Views)