AT&T's "Customer Service" leaves MUCH to be desired

Visitor

AT&T's "Customer Service" leaves MUCH to be desired

Why does it take (at this point) over 2 weeks for a company as big as AT&T to get a DSL line up?  They have promised to have a tech out on 3 occasions in the last week and have yet to actually send someone out.  In my profession, I have dealt with technical services and support groups for nearly 30 years and this is, BY FAR, the worst service/support I have experienced.  I find it ironic that the "A" in AT&T stands for "Amercian", yet on 12 of the last 15 calls I've been connected to a representative in India.  Here's an example of unacceptable customer service AT&T:  when you promise a tech out to inspect (and hopefully repair) a line 3 times and all 3 times are a no show, that would be classified as "customer disservice".  When you can't connect an English speaking customer to an English speaking representative, that is also "customer disservice".  You're not exactly providing phone/DSL service out of the goodness of your heart--you're charging a premium for it.  You need to start providing your customers with the service for which they pay.  When you commit something to a customer, show some integrity and honor the commitment; otherwise, do the decent thing and drop the "A" from AT&T.

Message 1 of 2
Mentor

Re: AT&T's "Customer Service" leaves MUCH to be desired

You hit the nail on the head with that one !

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support