Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 17, 2012
6:26:45 PM
View profile
AT&T bill not received

Has anyone else had problems with receiving your bill from AT&T? 

My family used to have Time Warner Internet but after their rates continued to go up my family just switched to AT&T. AT&T did not come out to our home to install anything, they just sent the router to our house through UPS. Prior to sending it my father explained to the lady on the phone that the router should be sent to our street address but all other bills and information needs to be sent to our Po Box, which my father provided, and not to the street address since we don't receive mail there.

We were very pleased with the internet service provided and the price of it until we attempted to connect to our Wi-Fi right before Easter and the internet was not connected. My father called customer service and they said the bill wasn't due until the end of the month so to make sure everything was connected properly and call back if the internet still wasn't working. My father called back the next day, as the internet was still not working, anf the woman this time told my father the lady from the previous day made a mistake and the bill was due March 26th, not April 26th as she had stated. The only problem was that we never received a bill! My father explained this to her and gave her our Po Box number again. Over a week later we still hadn't received a bill and our internet was not reconnected. My father called customer service back tonight and explained the situation and told the women he felt like it wasn't his fault, but theirs, that he didn't pay the bill but he understand the amount still had to be paid and he would like for them to send the bill out. The lady responded by telling my father she couldn't help him! My father was outraged and proclaimed "You mean your telling me you can't send me a bill!?" She then said she would get her manager and five minutes later the lady got back on the phone to tell my father that the manager was out for the day. My father called back 30 minutes later and was connected to a differnt man. Once again, my father explained the situation and stated what he needed. This man didn't seem to understand anything and asked my father, after he had told him the situation, "What can I do for you this evening?". My father replied that he only wanted his bill and the man on the other end, once again, asked what services he could help my father with. Frustrated at this point, my father told him he wanted his bill sent to him, at the Po Box address, so he could pay on his bill. He could not pay his bill until he received the bill because he didn't know how much he owed or where to send the payment to! The man said that would be no problem and claims the bill will be at our post poffice by Friday. If it isn't, needless to say, my father is calling back for FIFTH time! 

Has anyone else had problems with receiving your bill from AT&T? 

My family used to have Time Warner Internet but after their rates continued to go up my family just switched to AT&T. AT&T did not come out to our home to install anything, they just sent the router to our house through UPS. Prior to sending it my father explained to the lady on the phone that the router should be sent to our street address but all other bills and information needs to be sent to our Po Box, which my father provided, and not to the street address since we don't receive mail there.

We were very pleased with the internet service provided and the price of it until we attempted to connect to our Wi-Fi right before Easter and the internet was not connected. My father called customer service and they said the bill wasn't due until the end of the month so to make sure everything was connected properly and call back if the internet still wasn't working. My father called back the next day, as the internet was still not working, anf the woman this time told my father the lady from the previous day made a mistake and the bill was due March 26th, not April 26th as she had stated. The only problem was that we never received a bill! My father explained this to her and gave her our Po Box number again. Over a week later we still hadn't received a bill and our internet was not reconnected. My father called customer service back tonight and explained the situation and told the women he felt like it wasn't his fault, but theirs, that he didn't pay the bill but he understand the amount still had to be paid and he would like for them to send the bill out. The lady responded by telling my father she couldn't help him! My father was outraged and proclaimed "You mean your telling me you can't send me a bill!?" She then said she would get her manager and five minutes later the lady got back on the phone to tell my father that the manager was out for the day. My father called back 30 minutes later and was connected to a differnt man. Once again, my father explained the situation and stated what he needed. This man didn't seem to understand anything and asked my father, after he had told him the situation, "What can I do for you this evening?". My father replied that he only wanted his bill and the man on the other end, once again, asked what services he could help my father with. Frustrated at this point, my father told him he wanted his bill sent to him, at the Po Box address, so he could pay on his bill. He could not pay his bill until he received the bill because he didn't know how much he owed or where to send the payment to! The man said that would be no problem and claims the bill will be at our post poffice by Friday. If it isn't, needless to say, my father is calling back for FIFTH time! 

AT&T bill not received

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2012 4:29:44 AM
(0)
Master

Hi Princess, I think your problemm might be related to the PO Box. You don't explain why you have to use a PO Box. Can you not receive maill at your home (no postal service)?

I have a feeling that PO Box billing is not allowed and the sales person was unaware of this. That would probably cuase the billing address to fail-over to the service address and if the bill was "returned to sender" they disconnect your service.

If you decide to call back in, do so during normal business hours, and insist that they transfer you to the Retention Department. The people there should be able to either correct the issues, or explain if the PO Box billing is where the problem is.

You can also contact Alex, and he will have someone call you within a couple days who can resolve your issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Hi Princess, I think your problemm might be related to the PO Box. You don't explain why you have to use a PO Box. Can you not receive maill at your home (no postal service)?

I have a feeling that PO Box billing is not allowed and the sales person was unaware of this. That would probably cuase the billing address to fail-over to the service address and if the bill was "returned to sender" they disconnect your service.

If you decide to call back in, do so during normal business hours, and insist that they transfer you to the Retention Department. The people there should be able to either correct the issues, or explain if the PO Box billing is where the problem is.

You can also contact Alex, and he will have someone call you within a couple days who can resolve your issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: AT&T bill not received

2 of 5 (706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2012 4:27:03 PM
(0)
Contributor

We live on a private road so when we first moved in to the neighborhood there weren't a lot of people in the area so the postal service did not come down into the neighborhood. We either had to have a PO Box or walk across the main highway to mailboxes. We opted for the PO Box. The postal services now run in the neighborhood but we have just kept our PO Box since it's only 5 minutes or less up the road from our house. 

We have other people in the neighborhood that have internet and use a PO Box with no trouble so I don't see why having a PO Box would be the problem. 

We live on a private road so when we first moved in to the neighborhood there weren't a lot of people in the area so the postal service did not come down into the neighborhood. We either had to have a PO Box or walk across the main highway to mailboxes. We opted for the PO Box. The postal services now run in the neighborhood but we have just kept our PO Box since it's only 5 minutes or less up the road from our house. 

We have other people in the neighborhood that have internet and use a PO Box with no trouble so I don't see why having a PO Box would be the problem. 

3 of 5 (695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2012 6:29:34 PM
(0)
Master

hmprincess9009 wrote:

It was just a possibility.

Was the PO Box number verified?

Is it possible that when your father sign up he opted for paperless billing?

Personally, I would contact Alex as I suggested earlier, because if they suspended your service because of non payment, they will probably try and hit you for a reactivation fee as well and Alex should be able to help you avoid that nightmare.

hmprincess9009 wrote:

It was just a possibility.

Was the PO Box number verified?

Is it possible that when your father sign up he opted for paperless billing?

Personally, I would contact Alex as I suggested earlier, because if they suspended your service because of non payment, they will probably try and hit you for a reactivation fee as well and Alex should be able to help you avoid that nightmare.

neon_sign.jpg

4 of 5 (689 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2012 5:11:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

Not sure if my father signed up for paperless billing somehow but he has asked several times for the bill to be sent to our PO Box without any success. I was afraid that they would charge a reactiviation fee as well so I will def. take your suggestion and contact Alex. Thanks! 

Not sure if my father signed up for paperless billing somehow but he has asked several times for the bill to be sent to our PO Box without any success. I was afraid that they would charge a reactiviation fee as well so I will def. take your suggestion and contact Alex. Thanks! 

5 of 5 (677 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments