Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 10, 2010
7:28:18 PM
View profile
AT&T and Yahoo Merger problems
I have had AT&T for my internet provider for 11 years. Ever since the merger of AT&T and YAHOO, I have had problems, it is very SLOW. Clicking on a email takes forever, forwarding a email or evern replying is very agrivating on the slowness. Then sometimes I have to type in the encrypted code which is not easily readable. I am very aggravated and am considering switching to Comcast. Is anyone having problems since this merger??
I have had AT&T for my internet provider for 11 years. Ever since the merger of AT&T and YAHOO, I have had problems, it is very SLOW. Clicking on a email takes forever, forwarding a email or evern replying is very agrivating on the slowness. Then sometimes I have to type in the encrypted code which is not easily readable. I am very aggravated and am considering switching to Comcast. Is anyone having problems since this merger??

AT&T and Yahoo Merger problems

26 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(26)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2010 7:40:38 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Sep 12, 2013 at 11:05:32 AM

Hello simplykau, We value you as our member. I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience and I apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing with this issue. There are many reasons you may be experiencing slow surfing speeds. Before you troubleshoot your connection, make sure the slow surf speed is not just happening on the one web page you're visiting. Try browsing to a different web page. If you're experiencing slow speed with just a single web page, you should visit that page at another time. If the slow speed is occurring with more than one web page, try these steps: Please check your current AT&T DSL internet speed before performing these steps mentioned below: http://www.speedtest.net/ or http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ 1. Check your computer Reboot by turning your computer and modem/router off and then back on again. Simply rebooting solves most connection problems. 2. Check your web browser Clear the cache (temporary internet files) in your web browser. Clear the cookies in your web browser. 3. Check your connection Make sure DSL line filters have been installed for all devices using the phone line. Want more speed? Upgrade to a faster Internet connection package. 4. Try the AT&T Self Support Tool Our AT&T Self Support Tool detects problems and resolves connection issues. If the above steps did not improve your connection speed, try these additional steps: Additional Steps are: Scan your computer for infections. Make sure your antivirus and antispyware applications are up-to-date and also run a full-system scan. Make sure you are only running one firewall. Also try disabling your firewall to determine if it's causing your slow speed. Disable any peer-to-peer or other applications running in the background that may be using up your bandwidth. Make sure your wireless network is set up for optimal performance. Keep your wireless gateway/router away from physical obstructions. Place the gateway/router in a central location, at least 3 feet away from other appliances. If you are still having a connection problem, please visit our repair site to report and resolve your issue. After trying all the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, if the issue persists, it is recommended that you immidiatally contact AT&T technical support, if required technical support advisor will run a line test on your AT&T DSL line.

You may click on the following link to connect to AT&T eChat technical support. 

DSL Support Chat

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello simplykau, We value you as our member. I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience and I apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing with this issue. There are many reasons you may be experiencing slow surfing speeds. Before you troubleshoot your connection, make sure the slow surf speed is not just happening on the one web page you're visiting. Try browsing to a different web page. If you're experiencing slow speed with just a single web page, you should visit that page at another time. If the slow speed is occurring with more than one web page, try these steps: Please check your current AT&T DSL internet speed before performing these steps mentioned below: http://www.speedtest.net/ or http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ 1. Check your computer Reboot by turning your computer and modem/router off and then back on again. Simply rebooting solves most connection problems. 2. Check your web browser Clear the cache (temporary internet files) in your web browser. Clear the cookies in your web browser. 3. Check your connection Make sure DSL line filters have been installed for all devices using the phone line. Want more speed? Upgrade to a faster Internet connection package. 4. Try the AT&T Self Support Tool Our AT&T Self Support Tool detects problems and resolves connection issues. If the above steps did not improve your connection speed, try these additional steps: Additional Steps are: Scan your computer for infections. Make sure your antivirus and antispyware applications are up-to-date and also run a full-system scan. Make sure you are only running one firewall. Also try disabling your firewall to determine if it's causing your slow speed. Disable any peer-to-peer or other applications running in the background that may be using up your bandwidth. Make sure your wireless network is set up for optimal performance. Keep your wireless gateway/router away from physical obstructions. Place the gateway/router in a central location, at least 3 feet away from other appliances. If you are still having a connection problem, please visit our repair site to report and resolve your issue. After trying all the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, if the issue persists, it is recommended that you immidiatally contact AT&T technical support, if required technical support advisor will run a line test on your AT&T DSL line.

You may click on the following link to connect to AT&T eChat technical support. 

DSL Support Chat

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T and Yahoo Merger problems

[ Edited ]
2 of 27 (3,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2010 7:29:33 AM
(0)
Mentor
This is all fine and good
But it is not our computers that magically slowed down immediately after the migration.
There is something else that ATT is not going to own toaro tell us about!
Even the accerelator is not of a get deal of help - dowloads are almost inpossible. espeically pdf files.
This is all fine and good
But it is not our computers that magically slowed down immediately after the migration.
There is something else that ATT is not going to own toaro tell us about!
Even the accerelator is not of a get deal of help - dowloads are almost inpossible. espeically pdf files.

3 of 27 (3,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2010 4:47:25 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Sep 12, 2013 at 11:06:13 AM

Hello stitchnkitty, Thank you for replying. After trying all the trouble shooting steps (mentioned in my previous post in this thread for the slow speed issue) if the issue persists, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support, they will troubleshoot the issue accordingly. I would also like to explain that the Worldnet ‘accelerator’ feature will not work with the new AT&T dial service and should be removed.

You may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent.

DSL Support Chat

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Hello stitchnkitty, Thank you for replying. After trying all the trouble shooting steps (mentioned in my previous post in this thread for the slow speed issue) if the issue persists, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support, they will troubleshoot the issue accordingly. I would also like to explain that the Worldnet ‘accelerator’ feature will not work with the new AT&T dial service and should be removed.

You may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent.

DSL Support Chat

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 of 27 (3,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2010 11:00:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

The situation that is occuring to me - immediately after the migration - is that when I attempt to compose/reply to emails and am typing in the body portion it's like the system doesn't recognize the keystrokes unless I type "one....very....slow...keystroke....after...the....other"  otherwise it doesn't tyype.  This has to be an AT&T issue as this message is acting the same exact way (although no other sites have the issue nor programs like Word).  I've even had to open Word, type the message, then copy and paste it into the email body.  Here is an example of typing normal.:  Th own fojd th g  (Translation: The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog).  This one sentence took over two minutes to type.

What is the fix?

The situation that is occuring to me - immediately after the migration - is that when I attempt to compose/reply to emails and am typing in the body portion it's like the system doesn't recognize the keystrokes unless I type "one....very....slow...keystroke....after...the....other"  otherwise it doesn't tyype.  This has to be an AT&T issue as this message is acting the same exact way (although no other sites have the issue nor programs like Word).  I've even had to open Word, type the message, then copy and paste it into the email body.  Here is an example of typing normal.:  Th own fojd th g  (Translation: The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog).  This one sentence took over two minutes to type.

What is the fix?

5 of 27 (3,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2010 10:01:10 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello michaelpdx,

Since you are experiencing this issue only with the AT&T Yahoo! web mail , this issue requires advanced troubleshooting steps, hence, I would request you to contact AT&T Tier 2 support at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7).
When you call in to speak to an agent, ask to be transferred to our second level of support.

Hello michaelpdx,

Since you are experiencing this issue only with the AT&T Yahoo! web mail , this issue requires advanced troubleshooting steps, hence, I would request you to contact AT&T Tier 2 support at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7).
When you call in to speak to an agent, ask to be transferred to our second level of support.

6 of 27 (3,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2010 11:47:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yesterday's transition was a complete and absolute disaster.   My primary account, which I use for business purposes, was lost for several hours.  I still can not find my 3 sub accounts.  The new home page is useless, and the email is cumbersome and slow (at best).  I wasted nearly 3 hours last night chatting with some tech support person because my primary address (and at least one sub) did not "migrate through the portal."  Which means it was lost due to your inadequate planning.  I had to load Mozilla to get them to transfer, and am now wasting time today trying to dump Mozilla so I can return to internet explorer. (What a coincidence that Mozilla is owned by Yahoo.)  AT&T is a joke.  What is even worse is the absence of any competent, accessible tech support.  I have had an att account since 1990.  I spent time today getting a new carrier.      

Here's a news flash.  My prior home page worked perfectly, and all my email addresses were easily and quickly accessible.    If it isn't broken, don't fix it.   You really screwed up.  [Edit per Community Guidelines]

[Edit per Community Guidelines].  I especially love the complete absence of timely telephone support.  What a joke.  Keep the jobs in America.  I am, by signing with a locally owned email service. 

Yesterday's transition was a complete and absolute disaster.   My primary account, which I use for business purposes, was lost for several hours.  I still can not find my 3 sub accounts.  The new home page is useless, and the email is cumbersome and slow (at best).  I wasted nearly 3 hours last night chatting with some tech support person because my primary address (and at least one sub) did not "migrate through the portal."  Which means it was lost due to your inadequate planning.  I had to load Mozilla to get them to transfer, and am now wasting time today trying to dump Mozilla so I can return to internet explorer. (What a coincidence that Mozilla is owned by Yahoo.)  AT&T is a joke.  What is even worse is the absence of any competent, accessible tech support.  I have had an att account since 1990.  I spent time today getting a new carrier.      

Here's a news flash.  My prior home page worked perfectly, and all my email addresses were easily and quickly accessible.    If it isn't broken, don't fix it.   You really screwed up.  [Edit per Community Guidelines]

[Edit per Community Guidelines].  I especially love the complete absence of timely telephone support.  What a joke.  Keep the jobs in America.  I am, by signing with a locally owned email service. 

7 of 27 (3,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2010 11:55:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

This migration has been a total nightmare. I've wasted at least 25 hours, much on the phone, trying to resolve a plethora of problems. I've paid AT&T as my email provider for over 20 years and currently have 4 different accounts- 2 for business.

1.  Two of the addresses had disappeared and had to be located and reactivated by AT&T. 2.Login passwords all had to be reset- twice.  3. Contacts still only appear in 1 of 4 accounts.

As a technical project manager (12 years at AT&T) I am appalled at the horrid migration and the shameless throwing of AT&T customers to the advertising greedy Yahoo dogs.

Now that I can get in, I hate it.  1. I pay AT&T $7.95/month but have been loaded into the Yahoo "free" platform that is cluttered with ads, and all sorts of unwanted balony like chat and news and cutesy juvenile junk. 2. I can no longer switch seamlessly between my 4 accounts and must log out/log in in order to switch.  3. There is no clear delineation of technical support responsibility between the various AT&T departments and Yahoo. 4. The online help was written for novices and does do nothing to explain or help us through this nightmare. 5. And it is slow- with all the garbage they are piling into my screen, it's no surprise its slow.

At minimum, AT&T should put paying customers in Yahoo plus platform that isn't so cluttered, slow, and irritating as the free platform.  Surely AT&T had something to gain by this migration and my measly $7.95/month won't be missed. As an experienced technical and saavy computer user this was a nightmare. I can't imagine how nasty this was for novice users. Guess my $7.95/month isn't important- I'll be gone as soon as I have time to move my stuff elsewhere.

This migration has been a total nightmare. I've wasted at least 25 hours, much on the phone, trying to resolve a plethora of problems. I've paid AT&T as my email provider for over 20 years and currently have 4 different accounts- 2 for business.

1.  Two of the addresses had disappeared and had to be located and reactivated by AT&T. 2.Login passwords all had to be reset- twice.  3. Contacts still only appear in 1 of 4 accounts.

As a technical project manager (12 years at AT&T) I am appalled at the horrid migration and the shameless throwing of AT&T customers to the advertising greedy Yahoo dogs.

Now that I can get in, I hate it.  1. I pay AT&T $7.95/month but have been loaded into the Yahoo "free" platform that is cluttered with ads, and all sorts of unwanted balony like chat and news and cutesy juvenile junk. 2. I can no longer switch seamlessly between my 4 accounts and must log out/log in in order to switch.  3. There is no clear delineation of technical support responsibility between the various AT&T departments and Yahoo. 4. The online help was written for novices and does do nothing to explain or help us through this nightmare. 5. And it is slow- with all the garbage they are piling into my screen, it's no surprise its slow.

At minimum, AT&T should put paying customers in Yahoo plus platform that isn't so cluttered, slow, and irritating as the free platform.  Surely AT&T had something to gain by this migration and my measly $7.95/month won't be missed. As an experienced technical and saavy computer user this was a nightmare. I can't imagine how nasty this was for novice users. Guess my $7.95/month isn't important- I'll be gone as soon as I have time to move my stuff elsewhere.

8 of 27 (3,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2010 5:23:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

YES!  Many problems!  We, too have had ATT email for many years and am ready to throw the whole account away.  First, we had no "warning" (yes, I use that word because that is what we needed!) that there was going to be a change.  I tried to login to my account and get a message to put in my login name, etc., etc. 

We called ATT and the reps said, "No, nothing has changed, it must be your system."  BS.  ATT people don't even communicate with each other.  When I lost my cool, and my husband took over the phone calls to try to find someone who could help, it became clear to us that ATT has now out-sourced....couldn't understand the reps (India?) who could only say, "I apologize you are having problems."

Got another rep (think this was our 4th or 5th)....when we told her we were not dial-up, but we live in a motorhome (RV) and access our internet through a satellite, she said ATT wasn't the problem, it was Hughes.  NOT!

OUr computers keep crashing......our Norton keeps shutting down, etc.  Coincidence?  I don't think so, this has only happened since this wonderful (NOT) new email / internet site.

HELP!!!!!

YES!  Many problems!  We, too have had ATT email for many years and am ready to throw the whole account away.  First, we had no "warning" (yes, I use that word because that is what we needed!) that there was going to be a change.  I tried to login to my account and get a message to put in my login name, etc., etc. 

We called ATT and the reps said, "No, nothing has changed, it must be your system."  BS.  ATT people don't even communicate with each other.  When I lost my cool, and my husband took over the phone calls to try to find someone who could help, it became clear to us that ATT has now out-sourced....couldn't understand the reps (India?) who could only say, "I apologize you are having problems."

Got another rep (think this was our 4th or 5th)....when we told her we were not dial-up, but we live in a motorhome (RV) and access our internet through a satellite, she said ATT wasn't the problem, it was Hughes.  NOT!

OUr computers keep crashing......our Norton keeps shutting down, etc.  Coincidence?  I don't think so, this has only happened since this wonderful (NOT) new email / internet site.

HELP!!!!!

9 of 27 (3,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2010 7:59:43 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Sep 12, 2013 at 11:07:02 AM

Hello cjped,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If you think that your AT&T email accounts have not been migrated from NAP to AT&T PBY! (Powered By Yahoo!), please follow the steps mentioned below to complete the migration.

1. Please click on the link in their "Migrate Now" email to launch the Migration Tool. Lunch the Migration Tool link (this URL is case sensitive) and try to migrate your email accounts AT&T Dial NAP to Dial PBY!,

http://att.net/upgrade

2. For the email ID to be migrated, please enter the email ID, domain (select from drop-down), and password.

3. Click Continue.

4. This page will not display if all of their proofing/validation credentials are on file. Instead, the Terms of Service page shown below will display.

5. Click Continue.

6. In order to proceed, you need to select Accept the Terms of Service.

7. Click Continue.

8. After the accepting the Terms of Service, you will now taken to the Yahoo! pages to complete the migration process. You need to enter your member ID (full email address including domain) and password.

9. Click Sign In.

10. Please enter your Yahoo! profile details and all required fields.

11. Now, "Welcome to AT&T Powered by Yahoo!" page appears. The Member is presented with three selections (the first two are checked by default):

• Show list of all @att.net usernames on the Sign In page for this computer.
  • Make AT&T Powered by Yahoo! my homepage.
  • Set up Outlook Express or Windows Mail on this computer to send and receive email using memberID@att.net.

12. The final confirmation page displays. This page will provide you with Web addresses for your new homepage, support pages, and software downloads. Please click Go to my new AT&T Internet Service homepage to check out your new homepage.

13. Surf to att.net and try to sign-in to your new homepage.

14. Check that you are able to use the Web mail interface.

However, if you think that the email accounts have already been migrated to AT&T PBY! Portal and if you are still unable to access your AT&T email accounts, we recommend that you contact AT&T eChat support by clicking the link below.

DSL Support Chat

Hello cjped,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If you think that your AT&T email accounts have not been migrated from NAP to AT&T PBY! (Powered By Yahoo!), please follow the steps mentioned below to complete the migration.

1. Please click on the link in their "Migrate Now" email to launch the Migration Tool. Lunch the Migration Tool link (this URL is case sensitive) and try to migrate your email accounts AT&T Dial NAP to Dial PBY!,

http://att.net/upgrade

2. For the email ID to be migrated, please enter the email ID, domain (select from drop-down), and password.

3. Click Continue.

4. This page will not display if all of their proofing/validation credentials are on file. Instead, the Terms of Service page shown below will display.

5. Click Continue.

6. In order to proceed, you need to select Accept the Terms of Service.

7. Click Continue.

8. After the accepting the Terms of Service, you will now taken to the Yahoo! pages to complete the migration process. You need to enter your member ID (full email address including domain) and password.

9. Click Sign In.

10. Please enter your Yahoo! profile details and all required fields.

11. Now, "Welcome to AT&T Powered by Yahoo!" page appears. The Member is presented with three selections (the first two are checked by default):

• Show list of all @att.net usernames on the Sign In page for this computer.
  • Make AT&T Powered by Yahoo! my homepage.
  • Set up Outlook Express or Windows Mail on this computer to send and receive email using memberID@att.net.

12. The final confirmation page displays. This page will provide you with Web addresses for your new homepage, support pages, and software downloads. Please click Go to my new AT&T Internet Service homepage to check out your new homepage.

13. Surf to att.net and try to sign-in to your new homepage.

14. Check that you are able to use the Web mail interface.

However, if you think that the email accounts have already been migrated to AT&T PBY! Portal and if you are still unable to access your AT&T email accounts, we recommend that you contact AT&T eChat support by clicking the link below.

DSL Support Chat

[ Edited ]
10 of 27 (3,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2010 1:51:55 PM
(0)
Contributor

Along with the other problems, how do you stop the constant error 999?

Only get it with one user out of 4.

Different computers, different ISP's, different browsers, even different cities! Same result.

And all support can say is run a scan, clear your cache, and blame the ISP.

Along with the other problems, how do you stop the constant error 999?

Only get it with one user out of 4.

Different computers, different ISP's, different browsers, even different cities! Same result.

And all support can say is run a scan, clear your cache, and blame the ISP.

11 of 27 (2,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2010 1:53:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just registered so I could WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with shellldill and koj - yes, yes and YES.

Yahoo email is HORRIBLE. I started out with ATT dial up and when I switched to my local SBC (at the time) DSL, who was partnered with Yahoo, I continued my att.net email because the ease of use of the ATT email system. Functions that worked so well with att.net are now gone or impossible to use. Not only was it convenient to be able to check all my emails with one, time-effiecient login, my address book was also shared across my email addresses. Plus it takes at least 3 slooooww, clicks to even get to email!

Words cannont express just how bad I think this new email is. And I too, will be switching very soon. At the very least I can be just as aggravated with the yahoo email accounts I have with my DSL service for free.

Epic fail on ATT's part. Good to see they don't even care.

I just registered so I could WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with shellldill and koj - yes, yes and YES.

Yahoo email is HORRIBLE. I started out with ATT dial up and when I switched to my local SBC (at the time) DSL, who was partnered with Yahoo, I continued my att.net email because the ease of use of the ATT email system. Functions that worked so well with att.net are now gone or impossible to use. Not only was it convenient to be able to check all my emails with one, time-effiecient login, my address book was also shared across my email addresses. Plus it takes at least 3 slooooww, clicks to even get to email!

Words cannont express just how bad I think this new email is. And I too, will be switching very soon. At the very least I can be just as aggravated with the yahoo email accounts I have with my DSL service for free.

Epic fail on ATT's part. Good to see they don't even care.

12 of 27 (2,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2010 8:38:47 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Sep 12, 2013 at 11:07:42 AM

Hello sbeair,

This issue that you have mentioned above in your post will be best resolved by contacting AT&T technical support and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. I would suggest you to contact AT&T eChat support. They will help you accordingly.

You may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent

DSL Support Chat

Hello sbeair,

This issue that you have mentioned above in your post will be best resolved by contacting AT&T technical support and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. I would suggest you to contact AT&T eChat support. They will help you accordingly.

You may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent

DSL Support Chat

[ Edited ]
13 of 27 (2,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 6:08:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

Penny,  There are evidently a lot of problems with this merger which I am also experiencing.  Is there a help desk/customer support for AT&T email?  The Tier II support number that was previously posted is a generic help desk that knows nothing about the old Worldnet email.  I have a page of support numbers for AT&T to try to resolve email problems.  Is there somebody that actually understands email I can talk to?  There are obviously some problems and all I get from support is that it is my problem or there are no problems.

As another seasoned IT professional this transition and customer support is pathetic.

Penny,  There are evidently a lot of problems with this merger which I am also experiencing.  Is there a help desk/customer support for AT&T email?  The Tier II support number that was previously posted is a generic help desk that knows nothing about the old Worldnet email.  I have a page of support numbers for AT&T to try to resolve email problems.  Is there somebody that actually understands email I can talk to?  There are obviously some problems and all I get from support is that it is my problem or there are no problems.

As another seasoned IT professional this transition and customer support is pathetic.

14 of 27 (2,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 6:22:05 AM
(0)
Tutor

the chat line is clueless.  They know nothing about email.  HELP

the chat line is clueless.  They know nothing about email.  HELP

15 of 27 (2,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 6:48:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

How does AT&T offer a service with no technical support?  I am on my 4th customer service number with nobody that knows email.

How does AT&T offer a service with no technical support?  I am on my 4th customer service number with nobody that knows email.

16 of 27 (2,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 7:05:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am now talking to the high speed DSL help desk that knows nothing about email.  Does anybody know who physically administors the ATT.NET email servers?  Yahoo says ATT does and ATT says Yahoo does.

I am now talking to the high speed DSL help desk that knows nothing about email.  Does anybody know who physically administors the ATT.NET email servers?  Yahoo says ATT does and ATT says Yahoo does.

17 of 27 (2,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 7:27:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

Just got off the phone with Tier II support that was clueless about email and did not know how to find any email support.

I am beyond frustrated.

Just got off the phone with Tier II support that was clueless about email and did not know how to find any email support.

I am beyond frustrated.

18 of 27 (2,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2010 7:07:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

I agree with the dissatisfied people on this board,  Why am I paying for such inferior service when the service is free for others?  I would love for the technical people to answer that!  They probably think we fools for keeping this service.

I recently switched from AT&T mail (I had it for more than ten years) to yahoo mail due to the merger and find the product that I am now paying for to be AWFULL!!!!!  I think AT&T made a grave mistake handing over their customers to Yahoo without first realizing the limitations of the Yahoo e-mail system.

For example:  I now cannot:
1) Send e-mails with return reciept (I have a home business)
2) reuse draft e-mails that have been saved
3) transfer attachments from draft e-mails onto my hardrive

I also cannot stand the following:
1) Cannot turn off messaging forever!!!!
2) login directly into my e-mail account without having to first go through all of the bull**bleep** messaging, weather et al!!
3) Have endless useless garbage thrown at my face such as ads, weather, chatty bul**bleep**!!!

Yahoo e-mail SUCKS!!!  and AT&T is a sucker!!!! and finally I am a fool for having been so loyal to AT&T!

I agree with the dissatisfied people on this board,  Why am I paying for such inferior service when the service is free for others?  I would love for the technical people to answer that!  They probably think we fools for keeping this service.

I recently switched from AT&T mail (I had it for more than ten years) to yahoo mail due to the merger and find the product that I am now paying for to be AWFULL!!!!!  I think AT&T made a grave mistake handing over their customers to Yahoo without first realizing the limitations of the Yahoo e-mail system.

For example:  I now cannot:
1) Send e-mails with return reciept (I have a home business)
2) reuse draft e-mails that have been saved
3) transfer attachments from draft e-mails onto my hardrive

I also cannot stand the following:
1) Cannot turn off messaging forever!!!!
2) login directly into my e-mail account without having to first go through all of the bull**bleep** messaging, weather et al!!
3) Have endless useless garbage thrown at my face such as ads, weather, chatty bul**bleep**!!!

Yahoo e-mail SUCKS!!!  and AT&T is a sucker!!!! and finally I am a fool for having been so loyal to AT&T!

Yahoo email is vastly inferior to the former AT&T e-mail system

19 of 27 (2,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2010 3:31:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

Like everyone else on here, my email is now totally crap. For the last week it ha been so slow it is unusable. Every email I try to read try to read pops up a message that  there is a problem loading the message. There is no where to turn for support, and I really believe nobody really cares.

I have used the ATT email and dial up service for many years, and this transfer to yahoo is a complete, unmitigated disaster. If my ATT email adress wasn't so widely used on promotional material, I would drop it today. Right now I am almost forced to hang on, hoping it will get fixed.

The faqct that there is no support available really **bleep**.  

Like everyone else on here, my email is now totally crap. For the last week it ha been so slow it is unusable. Every email I try to read try to read pops up a message that  there is a problem loading the message. There is no where to turn for support, and I really believe nobody really cares.

I have used the ATT email and dial up service for many years, and this transfer to yahoo is a complete, unmitigated disaster. If my ATT email adress wasn't so widely used on promotional material, I would drop it today. Right now I am almost forced to hang on, hoping it will get fixed.

The faqct that there is no support available really **bleep**.  

Re: Yahoo email is vastly inferior to the former AT&T e-mail system

20 of 27 (2,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2010 4:04:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

[Keep It Courteous], IT'S NOT THE CONNECTION, IT'S THE EMAIL!!!

[Keep It Courteous], IT'S NOT THE CONNECTION, IT'S THE EMAIL!!!

21 of 27 (3,217 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2010 6:50:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

Looks like the natives are getting restless.

This could turn really, really interesting if the AT&T management do not figure out how to get their arms around this disaster pretty soon...

Looks like the natives are getting restless.

This could turn really, really interesting if the AT&T management do not figure out how to get their arms around this disaster pretty soon...

22 of 27 (3,217 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 4:33:44 PM
(0)
Former Moderator
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Sep 12, 2013 at 11:08:33 AM

Hello johnsattsux,

Thank you for bringing this up and I do apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered in using our AT&T email. As we are phasing out our old Home Page service all of our customers will be upgraded to the new Powered by Yahoo! Home Page and there is not an option to return to the old platform. AT&T and Yahoo! have a partnership to provide a world class Home Page and email experience for our customers, with benefits such as enhanced customization options and unlimited email storage. Once you become more familiar with the personalization features and navigation of the Home Page, you should feel more comfortable with the new online experience. We have provided easy to use tutorials which can be found in the Home Page help menu. These may help to ease your transition to the new service.

With regard to your issue, there are factors that we would need to check to determine what is causing the problem in loading the message. This could be a connection problem, a problem with the email client (if you're using one), firewall and Anti-virus issues, Browser (if you're using our website) or a virus/spyware issue on the computer.

If you're using an email client (like outlook express and windows mail), we would first need to check on how your email client is set up. You can click on this link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573&ct=9000152 for instructions on how to configure an email client. If the settings are correct, kindly check on your firewalls and Anti-virus software's if they are allowing your email client to download the messages. If you have an Anti-virus, try to run a scan and see if there are any viruses or spywares that can cause a problem with the email. If you're opening your email through our website, kindly check your browser settings and clear your cache. Just click on this link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401516 for instructions on how to clear your cache. If this won't resolve the issue, try to reset your browser to its default settings. You can find the instructions on how to restore browser settings to default on this link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400622. You can also try to use an alternative browser to see if it would let you open the email without any delay.

Still I would advised you to contact our DSL Technical Support Help Desk for us to walk you through the troubleshooting steps and help you find a resolution for this issue. If this email account is associated with your Dial-up service, you can reach our Dial-up Technical Support at the number (800) 436-8638. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and would be glad to assist you in resolving this issue. If this email is associated with a DSL account, just call on the number provided below. Our DSL Technical Support Team are also open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You can also chat with us by clicking the link below.

DSL Support Chat

Hello johnsattsux,

Thank you for bringing this up and I do apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered in using our AT&T email. As we are phasing out our old Home Page service all of our customers will be upgraded to the new Powered by Yahoo! Home Page and there is not an option to return to the old platform. AT&T and Yahoo! have a partnership to provide a world class Home Page and email experience for our customers, with benefits such as enhanced customization options and unlimited email storage. Once you become more familiar with the personalization features and navigation of the Home Page, you should feel more comfortable with the new online experience. We have provided easy to use tutorials which can be found in the Home Page help menu. These may help to ease your transition to the new service.

With regard to your issue, there are factors that we would need to check to determine what is causing the problem in loading the message. This could be a connection problem, a problem with the email client (if you're using one), firewall and Anti-virus issues, Browser (if you're using our website) or a virus/spyware issue on the computer.

If you're using an email client (like outlook express and windows mail), we would first need to check on how your email client is set up. You can click on this link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573&ct=9000152 for instructions on how to configure an email client. If the settings are correct, kindly check on your firewalls and Anti-virus software's if they are allowing your email client to download the messages. If you have an Anti-virus, try to run a scan and see if there are any viruses or spywares that can cause a problem with the email. If you're opening your email through our website, kindly check your browser settings and clear your cache. Just click on this link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401516 for instructions on how to clear your cache. If this won't resolve the issue, try to reset your browser to its default settings. You can find the instructions on how to restore browser settings to default on this link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400622. You can also try to use an alternative browser to see if it would let you open the email without any delay.

Still I would advised you to contact our DSL Technical Support Help Desk for us to walk you through the troubleshooting steps and help you find a resolution for this issue. If this email account is associated with your Dial-up service, you can reach our Dial-up Technical Support at the number (800) 436-8638. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and would be glad to assist you in resolving this issue. If this email is associated with a DSL account, just call on the number provided below. Our DSL Technical Support Team are also open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You can also chat with us by clicking the link below.

DSL Support Chat

[ Edited ]
23 of 27 (3,217 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 5:11:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have had my Yahoo mail account for many years - unfortunately for the past four days I DON'T have access to it!  Automated responses are being sent to that same email account!  That I would not be able to read if not for my cell phone. 

Yahoo support sends me to att&t.  Here is the repeated message I receive.  I can view my yahoo contacts list - it's only the email.  This problem occurred after upgrading the latest version of the browser - maybe coincidence.

Sorry!
The error, LaunchEmptyResponse, occurred when trying to connect to att.net Mail.

To retry att.net Mail...To proceed to att.net Mail Classic...

This error might be temporary. Go to att.net Mail

Click here to check your mail using att.net Mail Classic.

I have had my Yahoo mail account for many years - unfortunately for the past four days I DON'T have access to it!  Automated responses are being sent to that same email account!  That I would not be able to read if not for my cell phone. 

Yahoo support sends me to att&t.  Here is the repeated message I receive.  I can view my yahoo contacts list - it's only the email.  This problem occurred after upgrading the latest version of the browser - maybe coincidence.

Sorry!
The error, LaunchEmptyResponse, occurred when trying to connect to att.net Mail.

To retry att.net Mail...To proceed to att.net Mail Classic...

This error might be temporary. Go to att.net Mail

Click here to check your mail using att.net Mail Classic.

Yahoo Mail Problems

24 of 27 (3,217 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2010 8:38:52 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Sep 12, 2013 at 11:09:21 AM
Hello mamajmg,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced. If you are unable to access your AT&T Yahoo! email account since you have upgraded the version of your web browser, I would suggest you to try to access your AT&T Yahoo! email account in different web browser (Mozilla FireFox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc..).

If you experience the same issue in the different browser, please try to change the web mail version, 'All New mail' to 'Mail Classic'.  
  • To move the email version from Mail Classic to All New Mail, click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page and select 'Switch to All New Mail'.
  • To move the email version from All New Mail to Mail Classic, click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page and select 'Switch to Mail Classic'.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you contact AT&T eChat support by clicking the link below.

DSL Support Chat

Hello mamajmg,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced. If you are unable to access your AT&T Yahoo! email account since you have upgraded the version of your web browser, I would suggest you to try to access your AT&T Yahoo! email account in different web browser (Mozilla FireFox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc..).

If you experience the same issue in the different browser, please try to change the web mail version, 'All New mail' to 'Mail Classic'.  
  • To move the email version from Mail Classic to All New Mail, click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page and select 'Switch to All New Mail'.
  • To move the email version from All New Mail to Mail Classic, click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page and select 'Switch to Mail Classic'.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you contact AT&T eChat support by clicking the link below.

DSL Support Chat

Re: Yahoo Mail Problems

[ Edited ]
25 of 27 (3,217 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2015 1:02:08 PM
(0)
Contributor
My light on my DSL box is red where it says internet...
My light on my DSL box is red where it says internet...

26 of 27 (429 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2015 6:46:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hello since 48 hours ago I can't read my inbox I can read everything else SENT - SPAM - TRASH etc but no inbox I get a window (below) after I scroll down I come okay when I scroll down that is what I get.

Hello since 48 hours ago I can't read my inbox I can read everything else SENT - SPAM - TRASH etc but no inbox I get a window (below) after I scroll down I come okay when I scroll down that is what I get.

Re: Yahoo Mail Problems

27 of 27 (347 Views)