Internet Forums

Posted Sep 28, 2009
9:03:18 AM
View profile
AT&T High Speed Internet Service (Installation CD)
I'd like to know when this software is going to be compatable with windows 7. I've tried to install it on both vista and windows 7... No success. It installs just fine of windows xp though, despite what the requirements on the back of the install cd says. What I want is the DIY style program that came with it, that told you what to do if you had slow speed etc. Because currently right now, I just ran a speed test with these results Your Throughput Download = 1.974 Mbps Upload = 430.94 kbps I have the DSL extreme plan, 6mbps and paying $45 a month to see my speed that low.... NO, that kind of speed isn't cutting it for me, that is a third of the speed that I'm paying for.
I'd like to know when this software is going to be compatable with windows 7. I've tried to install it on both vista and windows 7... No success. It installs just fine of windows xp though, despite what the requirements on the back of the install cd says. What I want is the DIY style program that came with it, that told you what to do if you had slow speed etc. Because currently right now, I just ran a speed test with these results Your Throughput Download = 1.974 Mbps Upload = 430.94 kbps I have the DSL extreme plan, 6mbps and paying $45 a month to see my speed that low.... NO, that kind of speed isn't cutting it for me, that is a third of the speed that I'm paying for.

AT&T High Speed Internet Service (Installation CD)

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2009 10:47:43 AM
(0)
Try this...www.dslreports.com...under "Tools" there are a lot of things available to check your DSL connection... Speed tests...Tweak Test...LineQuality Testing...whois...bandwidth calculator etc etc... Since Win 7 is not "officially" out yet, Oct 22 is the release date...there may not be a utility for a while...
Try this...www.dslreports.com...under "Tools" there are a lot of things available to check your DSL connection... Speed tests...Tweak Test...LineQuality Testing...whois...bandwidth calculator etc etc... Since Win 7 is not "officially" out yet, Oct 22 is the release date...there may not be a utility for a while...

Re: AT&T High Speed Internet Service (Installation CD)

2 of 3 (2,644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2009 2:22:40 PM
(0)
Teacher
I know all about dslreports.com & I've been using them and their tweaks for over 3 years. Speed from AT&T is still low. They are the problem here, not me.
I know all about dslreports.com & I've been using them and their tweaks for over 3 years. Speed from AT&T is still low. They are the problem here, not me.

Re: AT&T High Speed Internet Service (Installation CD)

3 of 3 (2,644 Views)