Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Oct 22, 2011
8:28:17 AM
AT&T Fraud...
Edited by ShaunMN on Oct 22, 2011 at 9:06:58 AM

I recieved an email on my att.net account from what said was AT&T (graphics and all) but turned out to be some Yahoo account asking for my password / info. So i forwarded the email to support@att.net and .com. (on my phone, thinking it would be directed to the right person). Yup those dont exist. So i then went on the internet to see whom I may contact at AT&T to send this email. 10 minutes later no email address. Apparently AT&T does not do email support or even talk to you via email. So now I have just given up and am here to tell AT&T this is horrible. Someone tried to steal my identity, and you are making me jump through hoops. And no, im not going to call because I dont want to be stuck on the phone for 20 minutes. I would think AT&T would have a better business plan / plan of action for things like this... but i guess all that matters is you guys making money. Cool.

( the email was from {personal content removed for safety}

I recieved an email on my att.net account from what said was AT&T (graphics and all) but turned out to be some Yahoo account asking for my password / info. So i forwarded the email to support@att.net and .com. (on my phone, thinking it would be directed to the right person). Yup those dont exist. So i then went on the internet to see whom I may contact at AT&T to send this email. 10 minutes later no email address. Apparently AT&T does not do email support or even talk to you via email. So now I have just given up and am here to tell AT&T this is horrible. Someone tried to steal my identity, and you are making me jump through hoops. And no, im not going to call because I dont want to be stuck on the phone for 20 minutes. I would think AT&T would have a better business plan / plan of action for things like this... but i guess all that matters is you guys making money. Cool.

( the email was from {personal content removed for safety}

AT&T Fraud...

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2011 9:06:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just emailed AT&T on an issue.  I went to Support, Contact Us and there was a 3-step process.  You had to choose what business area your issue is related to and that sort of thing, then in the 3rd step you could choose to contact them via email.  I know it's frustrating - every time I have an issue it seems like it's hard to find the email contact.  It's just a few extra steps.  Hopefully this will help!  

I just emailed AT&T on an issue.  I went to Support, Contact Us and there was a 3-step process.  You had to choose what business area your issue is related to and that sort of thing, then in the 3rd step you could choose to contact them via email.  I know it's frustrating - every time I have an issue it seems like it's hard to find the email contact.  It's just a few extra steps.  Hopefully this will help!  

Re: AT&T Fraud...

2 of 7 (1,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2011 3:44:38 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 22, 2011 at 4:00:28 PM

you sound like an AT&T person, the whole "3 step" process is a common web design thing, click 3 times and you should be there right? The fact of the matter is, i did do the 3 step process, would you like me to record it and show you a youtube video on how long it takes? {Please keep it courteous}. SIGH

you sound like an AT&T person, the whole "3 step" process is a common web design thing, click 3 times and you should be there right? The fact of the matter is, i did do the 3 step process, would you like me to record it and show you a youtube video on how long it takes? {Please keep it courteous}. SIGH

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (1,279 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2011 3:48:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

I jsut went to the three step process, there is a contact us via phone, and change your password option. You are wrong. Please go back and check

I jsut went to the three step process, there is a contact us via phone, and change your password option. You are wrong. Please go back and check

4 of 7 (1,278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2011 4:00:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

I just called AT&T, and confirmed, there is no email address for this. Thanks a lot guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just called AT&T, and confirmed, there is no email address for this. Thanks a lot guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 of 7 (1,276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2011 6:02:27 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 23, 2011 at 6:54:08 PM
This sender is DomainKeys verified
"att.net-account-services@att.net" {Personal content removed for your safety}
Add sender to Contacts

To:
undisclosed-recipients

BellSouth FastAccess

Due to the congestion in all att.net users and removal of all unused att Accounts,

Att would be shutting down all unused Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button,

* Username...................... ......................  
* Password: .............................. ............................  
* Date of Birth: .............................. .........................  
* Country Or Territory: .............................. ............ 

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences. 

Warning!!!: Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two days of receiving this warning stands the risk of losing his or her account permanently.

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.449 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3768 - Release Date: 07/16/11 06:56:00

I don't belive ATT uses AVG to detect Virus content and the reply email is sent to a live.com address and live is also Hotmail. SO DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN THIS SCAM!!!

Would this be the same email ? I recieved it today and it is PHISHING for INFO to Fraud anyone willing to reply to this SCAM.

This sender is DomainKeys verified
"att.net-account-services@att.net" {Personal content removed for your safety}
Add sender to Contacts

To:
undisclosed-recipients

BellSouth FastAccess

Due to the congestion in all att.net users and removal of all unused att Accounts,

Att would be shutting down all unused Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button,

* Username...................... ......................  
* Password: .............................. ............................  
* Date of Birth: .............................. .........................  
* Country Or Territory: .............................. ............ 

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences. 

Warning!!!: Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two days of receiving this warning stands the risk of losing his or her account permanently.

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.449 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3768 - Release Date: 07/16/11 06:56:00

I don't belive ATT uses AVG to detect Virus content and the reply email is sent to a live.com address and live is also Hotmail. SO DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN THIS SCAM!!!

Would this be the same email ? I recieved it today and it is PHISHING for INFO to Fraud anyone willing to reply to this SCAM.

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (1,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 1:46:10 PM
(0)
Employee

I put this notice out to everyone a while back. Here it is, to be repeated. 

http://goo.gl/uwKGW

Bottom line, this is just like any other spam/scam/phishing e-mail. If you really want to "report it" Mark it as Spam. Yahoo and AT&T collects the header information and blocks accordingly. 

I put this notice out to everyone a while back. Here it is, to be repeated. 

http://goo.gl/uwKGW

Bottom line, this is just like any other spam/scam/phishing e-mail. If you really want to "report it" Mark it as Spam. Yahoo and AT&T collects the header information and blocks accordingly. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (1,201 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments