AT&T DSL outage?

Contributor

AT&T DSL outage?

It started yesterday evening, and is happening again to my DSL service where the modem is unable to connect to a PPPoE server.  I tried the online chat with Support, but by the time the queue is lower, I get disconnected.  Is anyone else experiencing DSL outages in the San Jose, CA area?

Message 1 of 4 (1,554 Views)
Employee

Re: AT&T DSL outage?

Hello hungl4717,

If you are unable to use AT&T Internet services, please contact AT&T voice technical helpdesk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7)  and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. If require, they will run a line test on your DSL line and help you accordingly.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (1,554 Views)
Contributor

Using my sprint card, I was able to access the online support chat only to be knocked off 3 times before getting a hold of a representative.  She said my Airport Extreme is not supported.  The thing is that I also connected the wire directly to my laptop and still can't connect to the PPPoE server.  Please advise.

Message 3 of 4 (1,554 Views)
Employee

Hello hungl4717,

If you are experiencing any difficulty while using modem/router that is provided by AT&T then the issue will be best resolved by contacting AT&T voice technical help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7). They will help you to troubleshoot the issue.

However, if you are using any third party modem/router (Airport Extreme) and unable to access the Internet services, it is recommended that you contact AT&T ConnecTech department at 1-877-831-2880 Monday to Sunday from 9am-12am ET.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (1,554 Views)