Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jul 23, 2010
9:04:47 AM
View profile
AT&T DSL outage?

It started yesterday evening, and is happening again to my DSL service where the modem is unable to connect to a PPPoE server.  I tried the online chat with Support, but by the time the queue is lower, I get disconnected.  Is anyone else experiencing DSL outages in the San Jose, CA area?

It started yesterday evening, and is happening again to my DSL service where the modem is unable to connect to a PPPoE server.  I tried the online chat with Support, but by the time the queue is lower, I get disconnected.  Is anyone else experiencing DSL outages in the San Jose, CA area?

AT&T DSL outage?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 10:49:35 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello hungl4717,

If you are unable to use AT&T Internet services, please contact AT&T voice technical helpdesk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7)  and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. If require, they will run a line test on your DSL line and help you accordingly.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello hungl4717,

If you are unable to use AT&T Internet services, please contact AT&T voice technical helpdesk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7)  and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. If require, they will run a line test on your DSL line and help you accordingly.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T DSL outage?

2 of 4 (1,542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 1:41:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

Using my sprint card, I was able to access the online support chat only to be knocked off 3 times before getting a hold of a representative.  She said my Airport Extreme is not supported.  The thing is that I also connected the wire directly to my laptop and still can't connect to the PPPoE server.  Please advise.

Using my sprint card, I was able to access the online support chat only to be knocked off 3 times before getting a hold of a representative.  She said my Airport Extreme is not supported.  The thing is that I also connected the wire directly to my laptop and still can't connect to the PPPoE server.  Please advise.

3 of 4 (1,542 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 5:14:27 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello hungl4717,

If you are experiencing any difficulty while using modem/router that is provided by AT&T then the issue will be best resolved by contacting AT&T voice technical help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7). They will help you to troubleshoot the issue.

However, if you are using any third party modem/router (Airport Extreme) and unable to access the Internet services, it is recommended that you contact AT&T ConnecTech department at 1-877-831-2880 Monday to Sunday from 9am-12am ET.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello hungl4717,

If you are experiencing any difficulty while using modem/router that is provided by AT&T then the issue will be best resolved by contacting AT&T voice technical help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7). They will help you to troubleshoot the issue.

However, if you are using any third party modem/router (Airport Extreme) and unable to access the Internet services, it is recommended that you contact AT&T ConnecTech department at 1-877-831-2880 Monday to Sunday from 9am-12am ET.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (1,542 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments