Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 17, 2012
1:52:22 PM
AT&T 2701HG-B Modem Issues

Hello everyone,

Firstly, Thank you for reading this!

The problem I am experiencing with my AT&T 2701HG-B modem is that it keeps dropping connections. While my internet is down. I log in to my modem and check it's status. It says that the DSL connection is found - But the internet is not.

The modem literally goes down from anywhere between 1 to 10 minutes and comes back up like nothing happened. During this all the lights are solid green and the internet light is a blinking red.

This has been happening for about 2-3 weeks now. But it seemed to be working okay for about 2-3 days in between. I've had perfect service out of it the past few years.

I've found similar problems on this forum and have followed the directions and tips that seemed relatable to my problems. I've plugged the modem directly into the power supply and changed the Modem's Advanced Firewall Settings to disable the Packet Flood as someone else had suggested.

This problem is extremely noticable while I'm playing online games or streaming movies. This is getting to be a pretty large problem.

Anyways, Here is a link to the diagnostic:
http://i.imgur.com/scnuh.png

Thank you very much!

Lance

Hello everyone,

Firstly, Thank you for reading this!

The problem I am experiencing with my AT&T 2701HG-B modem is that it keeps dropping connections. While my internet is down. I log in to my modem and check it's status. It says that the DSL connection is found - But the internet is not.

The modem literally goes down from anywhere between 1 to 10 minutes and comes back up like nothing happened. During this all the lights are solid green and the internet light is a blinking red.

This has been happening for about 2-3 weeks now. But it seemed to be working okay for about 2-3 days in between. I've had perfect service out of it the past few years.

I've found similar problems on this forum and have followed the directions and tips that seemed relatable to my problems. I've plugged the modem directly into the power supply and changed the Modem's Advanced Firewall Settings to disable the Packet Flood as someone else had suggested.

This problem is extremely noticable while I'm playing online games or streaming movies. This is getting to be a pretty large problem.

Anyways, Here is a link to the diagnostic:
http://i.imgur.com/scnuh.png

Thank you very much!

Lance

AT&T 2701HG-B Modem Issues

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2012 1:39:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

BUMP:

So my internet is backup for now. it usually seems to be up during the nights. Or it may just be my imagination. Either way, When the modem resets or cuts off the DSL light is green and the internet ligth is either red or not on at all for some amount of time. I don't understand.

Anyone care to elaborate on what that means exactly?

Thank you,

Lance

BUMP:

So my internet is backup for now. it usually seems to be up during the nights. Or it may just be my imagination. Either way, When the modem resets or cuts off the DSL light is green and the internet ligth is either red or not on at all for some amount of time. I don't understand.

Anyone care to elaborate on what that means exactly?

Thank you,

Lance

Re: AT&T 2701HG-B Modem Issues

2 of 2 (611 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments