Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 9, 2012
4:25:47 PM
View profile
6mbps speeds dropping and wireless router shutting off and on

This is getting truly annoying. I've recently upgraded to a 6mbps connection with a wireless router and it was working fine till I starting noticing my speeds dropping to ridiculous lows. I average about 4.9 - 5.5 speeds normally but it drops to 2.1, 1.3, and lower randomly sometimes and for hours at sometimes. I'm very, very, ocd about my speeds and it's been doing it a lot. Also, my wireless router continues to shut of and on for no reason. I switch to my wired modem which is about 6 years old or older and it works fine. I hate these erratic speed drops and faulty router.

This is getting truly annoying. I've recently upgraded to a 6mbps connection with a wireless router and it was working fine till I starting noticing my speeds dropping to ridiculous lows. I average about 4.9 - 5.5 speeds normally but it drops to 2.1, 1.3, and lower randomly sometimes and for hours at sometimes. I'm very, very, ocd about my speeds and it's been doing it a lot. Also, my wireless router continues to shut of and on for no reason. I switch to my wired modem which is about 6 years old or older and it works fine. I hate these erratic speed drops and faulty router.

6mbps speeds dropping and wireless router shutting off and on

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2012 10:52:01 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Welcome StanCarpel and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the equipment trouble. For assistance with account specific questions/concerns, please send me a Private Message (click hyperlink to send me a PM) with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the appropriate group.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Welcome StanCarpel and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the equipment trouble. For assistance with account specific questions/concerns, please send me a Private Message (click hyperlink to send me a PM) with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the appropriate group.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: 6mbps speeds dropping and wireless router shutting off and on

2 of 2 (426 Views)