Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Oct 8, 2011
3:32:04 PM
View profile
2wire WIFI Connect - Samsung r540

Samsung R540 will detect home metwork but will not connect.  Router is 2wire 3800HGV-B.  Other devices connect without problem, such as Imac, iphone, dell laptop, others.  Only Samsung will not connect.  Need suggestion. 

Thanks,

Salone

Samsung R540 will detect home metwork but will not connect.  Router is 2wire 3800HGV-B.  Other devices connect without problem, such as Imac, iphone, dell laptop, others.  Only Samsung will not connect.  Need suggestion. 

Thanks,

Salone

2wire WIFI Connect - Samsung r540

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 7:56:19 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hey Salone,

Welcome and thank you for posting.  According to the information I found on the Samsung R540, it comes with a wireless N adapter that is supposed to be backwards compatible with B/G wireless standards too.  You may want to check with the manufacturer of your netbook to see if you have to manually toggle it to connect to B/G routers since AT&T routers do not use the N standard at this time.

You can also try changing the wireless broadcast mode of the 2wire router.  The following solution should help.. (Broadcast in only one band section)

Maximizing your home networking experience

If the trouble continues, please shoot me a Private Message (blue envelope, top-right).

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hey Salone,

Welcome and thank you for posting.  According to the information I found on the Samsung R540, it comes with a wireless N adapter that is supposed to be backwards compatible with B/G wireless standards too.  You may want to check with the manufacturer of your netbook to see if you have to manually toggle it to connect to B/G routers since AT&T routers do not use the N standard at this time.

You can also try changing the wireless broadcast mode of the 2wire router.  The following solution should help.. (Broadcast in only one band section)

Maximizing your home networking experience

If the trouble continues, please shoot me a Private Message (blue envelope, top-right).

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: 2wire WIFI Connect - Samsung r540

2 of 2 (902 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments