2wire Router

Highlighted
Tutor

2wire Router

My cousin recently upgraded her modem to the 2wire router. She does not know how to install it. I asked her to use the cd, but she said she did not receive one. Where can youget the cd?
Message 1 of 5 (4,196 Views)
Mentor

Re: 2wire Router

Hi Diamond! 2wire does not have any CD to set up. If your cousin is a new customer and she needs to register after she properly connects the three cables it will automatically goes to installation process. She just needs to follow the instructions carefully. If your cousin does not see the page, ask her to check the DSL light of her 2 wire if it is solid green or not. If it is not solid green (either blinking green or red) ask her to plug the DSL cable of her 2 wire directly to the phonejack. If the DSL light is still not solid green let her call AT&T technical Support for more assistance. If the DSL light of the 2wire modem is solid green and she cannot get an installer page ask her folloe these steps: - First let her access the 2wire homepage by going to the 2wire website (typing 192.168.1.254 or home or homeportal on the address bar of the browser) - Then create a system password (password for her wire) - If she were on the page of "NETWORK AT A GLANCE", on the lower right hand corner click the link there for system set up wizard or run system set up (I'm not so sure for the link but you can find it on the lower hand right corner of the page) - Then keycodes are populated just click next or continue - Then select the timezone - Then she will see a WARNING PAGE where she needs to put the default username "sbcyahooreg@sbcglobal.net" and default password "sbcyahooreg" - Then click next or continue - After that, if she did not receive any error message she can access the registration website "helpme.att.net/register" or if I'm not mistaken the ipaddress is 144.160.97.91 - Fill up all the info ask and make sure she right the her USERID or MEMBER ID and PASSWORD - After the registrtion process she needs to go back to the 2wire homepage (the "NETWORK AT A GLANCE) - same thing, on the lower right hand corner click the link there for system set up wizard or run system set up (I'm not so sure for the link but you can find it on the lower hand right corner of the page) - Then keycodes are populated just click next or continue - Then select the timezone - Then she will see a WARNING PAGE again where this time she needs to put the username or memberid and password she created on the registration website That will ends it! She will be connected back online again! Wish her luck and hopefully she will be successfully registered and connected! Take care and GOD BLESS
Message 2 of 5 (4,196 Views)
Tutor

Hello, Kios. Thanks for the information.
Message 3 of 5 (4,196 Views)
Mentor

your welcome! have a great day!!! :-)
Message 4 of 5 (4,196 Views)
Tutor

When i upgraded to the 2Wire modem two weeks ago, there was a cd in each box. When they came out to install both modems, one wouldn't work right so they had to wire it and my other computer was a 2wire modem and i got over 11, 000 mbps but i had trouble with it about a week later one light started blibking off and on so i chatted with att and they reset a few thing, with no luck. So i called the next day and the repairman came out the next day and then he wired up the other computer so now no wireless at all and the boy sais when i get my laptop to put in the code to use it, well no luck but we are paying for wireless and the speed has dropped now to 1.67kbps when i have a 16kbps speed the hightest they have and paying a high price for it and the 6.0mbps was ten times faster than this. Do not go wireless with them so we are fixing to change ISP withing two months that offered me 20mbps with tv and phone and i will save 368.00 a year.
Message 5 of 5 (4,196 Views)