2wire 2701hg-b boost signal and no dropped connections

Tutor

2wire 2701hg-b boost signal and no dropped connections

I think I have found a way to boost my 2wire 2701hg-b wi-fi signal and decrease dropped connections.  I just connected a loose cat 5 cable (4-6 ft in length) to one of my free ports, strung the cable along my desk, and bam, I am always connected with my Iphone 3g.  I think it acts as an antenna. I was always having difficulty connecting every morning and other times through out the day.  This simple soultion solved it.  I currently have 2 wire connected PC's.  Wifi conects to Wii, Xbox 360, and 2 Iphones.

I need to see if anyone else can try this to see if it really works.  I live in a single story home (about 1300 sq ft) and always get a full connection no matter where in the house.  Outside is just as good also.  I thought the weather might hinder connections but it has been overcast and rainy and connections are strong as ever.

Message 1 of 2
Voyager

Re: 2wire 2701hg-b boost signal and no dropped connections

I gave this a shot;, I have 2 exiting 50 foot cables running from one room to down stairs and my bedroom. My wifi is usally ok at 2 bars in my bedroom and 1-2 bars downstairs, when I hooked them up there was no change in the signal strengh for me using a tablet.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support