Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Dec 30, 2009
9:59:38 PM
View profile
2Wire Firewall shows unwanted computer in list on settings page. How do I delete it?
2701HG-B Gateway Software: 5.29.109.11 On my firewall settings page under "Edit Firewall Settings" there is section 1, which is "To Allow Users Through the Firewall to Hosted Applications...", then comes " Select a computer Choose the computer that will host applications through the firewall:". In the drop down box for that line I have found a listing for a computer I do not want there. How do I delete that listing? I am especially troubled as the listing I want removed is not any computer I use, but appears to be coming from one of my neighbors WiFi networks. How do I prevent this in the future?
2701HG-B Gateway Software: 5.29.109.11 On my firewall settings page under "Edit Firewall Settings" there is section 1, which is "To Allow Users Through the Firewall to Hosted Applications...", then comes " Select a computer Choose the computer that will host applications through the firewall:". In the drop down box for that line I have found a listing for a computer I do not want there. How do I delete that listing? I am especially troubled as the listing I want removed is not any computer I use, but appears to be coming from one of my neighbors WiFi networks. How do I prevent this in the future?

2Wire Firewall shows unwanted computer in list on settings page. How do I delete it?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2010 12:32:11 PM
(0)
Guru

@ DavidHoffman

the 2wire usually shows a history of all devices (inactive and active) connected to it. if you want to clear the local network list (remove inactive devices), you can go to http://gateway.2wire.net/management website. enter your 2wire system password if asked.

under TROUBLESHOOTING, click on RESETS. click on CLEAR LOCAL NETWORK button.

to prevent your neighbor(s) to connect to your 2Wire wireless without your permission, make sure that your wireless security key is enabled. if it's enabled, they can't easily connect to the 2Wire without the specific wireless key from the 2Wire.

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

@ DavidHoffman

the 2wire usually shows a history of all devices (inactive and active) connected to it. if you want to clear the local network list (remove inactive devices), you can go to http://gateway.2wire.net/management website. enter your 2wire system password if asked.

under TROUBLESHOOTING, click on RESETS. click on CLEAR LOCAL NETWORK button.

to prevent your neighbor(s) to connect to your 2Wire wireless without your permission, make sure that your wireless security key is enabled. if it's enabled, they can't easily connect to the 2Wire without the specific wireless key from the 2Wire.

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Re: 2Wire Firewall shows unwanted computer in list on settings page. How do I delete it?

2 of 3 (7,624 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2010 10:04:03 PM
(0)
Teacher
THIS IS SO THAT NOBODY CAN USE YOUR Signal SO THAT THEY DO NOT ROB the Signal
THIS IS SO THAT NOBODY CAN USE YOUR Signal SO THAT THEY DO NOT ROB the Signal

Re: 2Wire Firewall shows unwanted computer in list on settings page. How do I delete it?

3 of 3 (7,624 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments