Helpful Links

2Wire 2700HG-B firmware update?

Contributor

2Wire 2700HG-B firmware update?

I'm still using my original 2700HG-B DSL router and it still has the original SBC branded firmware (4.25.19). As I understand new versions are already out. My main concern is the lack of WPA2 authentication support for the wireless network.

If I connect to the 2Wire web interface and click on the check for new firmware link, it always comes back with the 'you have the latest firmware' message. Is there a way to "force" an upgrade? What else can I check?

Thanks,

Chris

Message 1 of 6
Employee

Re: 2Wire 2700HG-B firmware update?

Hello krisztoforo,

If you are unable to complete the firmware upgrade of your 2 Wire 2701 HG B modem, it is recommended that you contact AT&T Home Networking team at 888-434-6216 (open 24/7), and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. They are specifically trained to handle particular issues with the 2 wire modem. They will do the needful for you accordingly.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6
Tutor

There are multiple places on the AT&T website (including PDF files) that say to go to http://gateway.2wire.net to obtain the latest firmware.  That is not a valid URL and I have searched on the 2WIRE site without success.

Can't AT&T just give the URL of the latest firmware update for the 2Wire Gateways (all models)? 

I have the 2701HG-B

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
Employee

Hello brian5,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

I would like to explain that AT&T routinely pushes firmware updates to our Members that increase the quality, security, and capabilities of our products and services. The package automatically pushed to your gateway contained vendor-provided fixes and updates.

In order to get more information about the firmware upgrade of 2 Wire router I would suggest you to contact AT&T voice technical help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7). They will help you and provide relevant information about the same.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
Moved:

Message 5 of 6

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support