Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Oct 6, 2011
9:29:29 PM
View profile
2Wire 1701HG

My 2Wire 1701HG modem keeps rebooting every 4 hours or so. Last time i checked the logs it was 2 hours ago. I have had this modem since 2006 if i remember correctly. The logs even show that its rebooting. Anyone else having issues with their 2Wire 1701HG? Maybe its time to ask for a new one? When i am connected the modem works fine, fast, reliable etc. Its just in the last 2 or 3 days its constantly rebooting itself. I dont mean dropping the line or disconnecting. The modem actually clicks over like its rebooting. Ive done forced reboots on this modem before so i know what they sound like. This is what the modem is doing every few hours now.

My 2Wire 1701HG modem keeps rebooting every 4 hours or so. Last time i checked the logs it was 2 hours ago. I have had this modem since 2006 if i remember correctly. The logs even show that its rebooting. Anyone else having issues with their 2Wire 1701HG? Maybe its time to ask for a new one? When i am connected the modem works fine, fast, reliable etc. Its just in the last 2 or 3 days its constantly rebooting itself. I dont mean dropping the line or disconnecting. The modem actually clicks over like its rebooting. Ive done forced reboots on this modem before so i know what they sound like. This is what the modem is doing every few hours now.

2Wire 1701HG

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 12:25:09 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by notyetbeligerant on Oct 7, 2011 at 12:26:39 AM

The power supply is failing. I saw this problem a few days ago in reviews of it on the bestbuy site. 

The power supply is failing. I saw this problem a few days ago in reviews of it on the bestbuy site. 

Re: 2Wire 1701HG

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (695 Views)