Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 15, 2011
3:17:35 PM
View profile
2701HG-B, possible to use walljack for ethernet without router?

I have a 2701HG-B router that I use for ethernet and wifi. However a second desktop of mine is too far away from it to connect by ethernet running through the router, and the desktop does not have wifi. The walljacks have a designated phone and modem jack, and the router works when plugged into the phone one. My question is- can I connect my desktop through ethernet without using the router but going straight through the walljacks? I've tried it and so far it hasn't worked. Would getting a second router work?

Picture of walljack and wire used for router: http://i52.tinypic.com/208cozq.jpg

I have a 2701HG-B router that I use for ethernet and wifi. However a second desktop of mine is too far away from it to connect by ethernet running through the router, and the desktop does not have wifi. The walljacks have a designated phone and modem jack, and the router works when plugged into the phone one. My question is- can I connect my desktop through ethernet without using the router but going straight through the walljacks? I've tried it and so far it hasn't worked. Would getting a second router work?

Picture of walljack and wire used for router: http://i52.tinypic.com/208cozq.jpg

2701HG-B, possible to use walljack for ethernet without router?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2011 5:50:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

From the pictures you provided, those are the Ethernet jack. You may be able to connect directly from the wall to your PC, if that does not work you might need a router which are inexpensivee these days.

From the pictures you provided, those are the Ethernet jack. You may be able to connect directly from the wall to your PC, if that does not work you might need a router which are inexpensivee these days.

Re: 2701HG-B, possible to use walljack for ethernet without router?

2 of 2 (242 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments