2701HG-B and Repeater: Problem with internet connection

Tutor

2701HG-B and Repeater: Problem with internet connection

Hi. I have a 2701HG-B that doesn't quite reach the other side of my home. Moving it to the center is not an option at this time. I purchased an ASUS WL-330gE which has problems connecting to the internet when used as a repeater. When my laptop connects to the repeater, I can access the home network computers, but I can not connect to the internet. I have confirmed with ASUS that my set up was correct and they sent another device to me, but the same problem persists. Oddly, I seem to be able to intermittently connect to the internet using the repeater when used with my iPhone, but this is not sufficient since I wish to also connect my laptop to the internet using a repeater. I am wondering if there is a compatibility issue with the 2701HG-B and this repeater. I was wondering if anyone has had success with any repeater (in case I can't get this ASUS to work) or range extender with the 2701HG-B. Thanks for the help.
Message 1 of 6 (740 Views)
Tutor

Re: 2701HG-B and Repeater: Problem with internet connection

Has anyone successfully used a repeater or range extender with the 2701HG-B?
Message 2 of 6 (718 Views)
Tutor

Anyone?
Message 3 of 6 (695 Views)
Tutor

I finally got help from AT&T in setting my 2Wire to bridge mode to see if I could get the repeater to work with my old Belkin wireless router. It worked. Apparently, the 2701HG-B doesn't work well with any repeaters.
Message 4 of 6 (677 Views)
Tutor

Well, I thought that this worked, but as it turns out, the configuration is not stable and the connection is not reliable. I hope that someone who has used a repeater or range extender with the 2701HG-B might be able to share with me a compatible device. Thanks.
Message 5 of 6 (643 Views)
Contributor

Just read your postings and i am having the same problem.  Somebody told me that it was my walls as they are lath and Plaster.  Do you think that is an issue.  Same problem.  the connection at first was great then deteriorated.   the wireless green light on my 2wire router is weak.  wonder if i have to buy another router.

Message 6 of 6 (470 Views)