2701HG-B Wireless Issues

Tutor

2701HG-B Wireless Issues

Hello!

I have a 2701HG-B Internet Modem provided by AT&T. I've had it for about 3-4 years and never really used it for wireless internet until now. Everytime I have a wireless device and it scans for a Wireless network, it picks up my modem. (2WIRE171 or something like that). When I try to connect to it the connection is disconnected from the device.

I've looked into the wireless settings and I cannot seem to find any red flags. Has anyone else had this problem or even better have a solution to this?

Thank you very much

Lance

Message 1 of 7 (579 Views)

Re: 2701HG-B Wireless Issues

You'll want to make sure you are actually trying to connect to your network. Any 2WIRE gateway within range that has not been modified will show up as 2WIRExxx. The x's will be the last three digits in the serial number on the label. Make sure that the 171 matches your serial number.

If that is not the issue, come on back and we can look into it further.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 7 (550 Views)
Contributor

I also have constant issues with the signal dropping. My modem is about 3 years old,  and the only thing if I call ATT is buy a new modem again. Please help with a more permanent solution. Or is the only think left to do is get rid off ATT DSL?

Appreciate the support.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 7 (541 Views)

milap2005 wrote:

I also have constant issues with the signal dropping. My modem is about 3 years old,  and the only thing if I call ATT is buy a new modem again. Please help with a more permanent solution. Or is the only think left to do is get rid off ATT DSL?

Appreciate the support.

Thanks.

I don't think the OP was able to even make an intial connection.

If your able to connect but the connection is slow or intermittant, you're quite probably suffering from severe wireless interference or the radio is dying, which is not unheard of.

If it's just interference check this thread for helful tips: http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/How-to-Minimize-Wireless-Interference/m-p/2303003#M1138

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 4 of 7 (533 Views)
Tutor

Hey, Sorry for the bad response time. I've been out of town. Thanks for the response. and yes, I am positive that i'm picking up my modem.

Message 5 of 7 (530 Views)
Tutor

UPDATE:

It seems that anytime I ever try to connect to my gateway now, my gateway resets itself. Very odd. I was able to connect wirelessly to it last night for about 2-3 minutes and then the gateway reset itself.

Message 6 of 7 (509 Views)

CadLance wrote:

UPDATE:

It seems that anytime I ever try to connect to my gateway now, my gateway resets itself. Very odd. I was able to connect wirelessly to it last night for about 2-3 minutes and then the gateway reset itself.

Is the gateway actually rebooting or is it just reseting the internet connection?

If it's rebooting it's possible the power supply is going or the gateway itself is dying.

Message 7 of 7 (503 Views)