Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jul 15, 2010
3:04:04 PM
View profile
2 Wire 2700HG-B Modem Keeps resetting once Laptop connects to WiFi! PLEASE HELP!

My modem seems to work fine when I am using my PC computer that is directly hooked up to the modem, but once I open up my Laptop and it connects to the WiFi of my Modem, the modem resets everytime.. and keeps resetting while the laptop is connecting to the internet..

only once the laptop is Closed and disconnected from the 2wire modem and the Wireless light is off, the internet stays on.

whats the issue? can you guys please help me

My modem seems to work fine when I am using my PC computer that is directly hooked up to the modem, but once I open up my Laptop and it connects to the WiFi of my Modem, the modem resets everytime.. and keeps resetting while the laptop is connecting to the internet..

only once the laptop is Closed and disconnected from the 2wire modem and the Wireless light is off, the internet stays on.

whats the issue? can you guys please help me

2 Wire 2700HG-B Modem Keeps resetting once Laptop connects to WiFi! PLEASE HELP!

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 11:36:14 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello M1NO,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If the 2 Wire router is getting reset automatically, it could be some fault with the modem, I suggest you to contact AT&T Home Networking team at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7) and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. They will do the needful for you accordingly.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello M1NO,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If the 2 Wire router is getting reset automatically, it could be some fault with the modem, I suggest you to contact AT&T Home Networking team at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7) and troubleshoot according to their recommendation. They will do the needful for you accordingly.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: 2 Wire 2700HG-B Modem Keeps resetting once Laptop connects to WiFi! PLEASE HELP!

2 of 3 (1,027 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2010 12:30:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

Sigh... I know where this is going. You guys are going to recommend me to buy a new **bleep** modem and waste 100$ more.

I found out its a power supply problem. Thanks, but no thanks.

Sigh... I know where this is going. You guys are going to recommend me to buy a new **bleep** modem and waste 100$ more.

I found out its a power supply problem. Thanks, but no thanks.

Re: 2 Wire 2700HG-B Modem Keeps resetting once Laptop connects to WiFi! PLEASE HELP!

3 of 3 (1,027 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments