Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 28, 2011
8:14:33 PM
View profile
100% packet loss found in trace

Hi there,

I am an Australian resident with an Australian ISP (TPG) and am having a problem with your AT&T servers.

After running a trace on the game server I am wanting to play I found that there is a 100% packet loss when trying to connect to your server. My ISP has said that your server is simply not responding. I know im not the only with this issue and am wanting to know why?

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

I am an Australian resident with an Australian ISP (TPG) and am having a problem with your AT&T servers.

After running a trace on the game server I am wanting to play I found that there is a 100% packet loss when trying to connect to your server. My ISP has said that your server is simply not responding. I know im not the only with this issue and am wanting to know why?

Thanks in advance

100% packet loss found in trace

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 11:30:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

Reading other peoples problems with also trying to log into Blizzard Games it all stops here at AT&T not responding to our host ISP's???

Reading other peoples problems with also trying to log into Blizzard Games it all stops here at AT&T not responding to our host ISP's???

Re: 100% packet loss found in trace

2 of 5 (472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 7:30:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm also having this problem. Can you please have someone check it out as soon as possible. It's been like this for days.

I'm also having this problem. Can you please have someone check it out as soon as possible. It's been like this for days.

3 of 5 (463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 3:45:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

We are having 95% packet loss at AT&T. 

Within our home network, we have zero % packet loss, then it hops to lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net and has 69.7% packet loss.  It times out and tries another IP; the next IP has 87.7% loss.  That times out and tries yet another IP, which has 95.4% packet loss.  

This looks to be the root cause of the problems we've been having with U-Verse for months.  The effect is quite visible when we watch Netflix; it stops often during viewing as it appears to be caching the movie.  This sometimes happens several times during a movie.  VERY frustrating!

Did AT&T ever help with your issue? 

We are having 95% packet loss at AT&T. 

Within our home network, we have zero % packet loss, then it hops to lightspeed.stlsmo.sbcglobal.net and has 69.7% packet loss.  It times out and tries another IP; the next IP has 87.7% loss.  That times out and tries yet another IP, which has 95.4% packet loss.  

This looks to be the root cause of the problems we've been having with U-Verse for months.  The effect is quite visible when we watch Netflix; it stops often during viewing as it appears to be caching the movie.  This sometimes happens several times during a movie.  VERY frustrating!

Did AT&T ever help with your issue? 

4 of 5 (376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2011 12:29:57 AM
(0)
Former Moderator
Moved to U-verse.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

5 of 5 (300 Views)