Do you need to suspend wireless service or block a device?
If so, then you're in the right place! We know that, sometimes, you may need to block your device or suspend your service - for personal reasons or if your device is lost or stolen.
This page will offer you very latest help, featured messages, videos & more to help you suspend (turn off) or restore (reactivate or turn on) your service - temporarily or permanently.
Note: You can also temporarily suspend your DIRECTV account. This is a helpful option if you’ll be vacationing for an extended period.
Suspending & restoring ...
Prepare for U.S. Military Deployment
Is the U.S. military deploying or transferring you outside our coverage area for 30 days or more? Under the Service Members Civil Relief Act (SCRA), you have options. You can:
- Suspend or cancel your service free of charge if you’re an eligible military member or a qualifying dependent
- Have us hold your AT&T Phone or landline – home phone number for 39 months
- Pay no service charges, early termination fees (ETFs), or equipment fees.
How do I suspended my PREPAID device or account?
Follow these steps to suspend your PREPAID device or service:
- Sign in with your 10-digit wireless number and password.
- Go to My Device > Report a Lost or Stolen Device.
- Select Report a Lost Device or Report a Stolen Device to suspend your service.
- Follow the prompts to suspend service on your device.
Note: If you report your device stolen, it will be blocked from being used on the AT&T network.
Suspend service due to Federal Government deployment
Learn how Federal government workers and their families deployed on official business to international locations can suspend their wireless services.